Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 25th Sep 03, 6:02 PM
    • 8,109Posts
    • 42,243Thanks
    MSE Martin
    Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions
    • 25th Sep 03, 6:02 PM
    Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions 25th Sep 03 at 6:02 PM
    What's it all about?

This board is here as a discussion thread based to talk about my appearances in the media (gulp....)

Where can I find out about the appearances?

They're listed in a separate thread (so the discussion doesn't clutter the listing). Full details of appearances.

Martin

JUST CLICK REPLY TO JOIN IN.
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 19-06-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Page 2
  • Dannyboy
    Re: Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions

Which Radio 2 show was Martin on please?

Then I can log onto the BBC website and listen to it.

Thanks,

Danny.
  • Dannyboy

Just answered my own question!

here is the link for Today's Jeremy Vine show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/moreinfo.shtml

And click on the "Listen Again To This Show" icon about a quarter of the way down the screen!

;D

Danny.
  • archived user
    do we know roughly where within the 2 hour show it was featured ??
    • Pal
    • By Pal 3rd Oct 03, 12:07 AM
    • 2,062 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    Pal
    It was about 1.30. I was in a taxi at the time and caught about 30 seconds of it.

Doesn't he talk fast when he's on the radio!
    • mini
    • By mini 3rd Oct 03, 2:15 AM
    • 820 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    mini
    Martin appears at 1 hour 11 mins on the hear it again link.

Great to hear, your maths & speed were very impressive

mini
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 3rd Oct 03, 2:21 AM
    • 8,109 Posts
    • 42,243 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    To be honest I spoke too quickly. I listened back - and while i normally speak quick - this was too quick at the beginning. Truth is when the 118118 chappy misquoted what i'd said last time, I lost my rag! However I think overall I had the better of it!

• mini
    • By mini 3rd Oct 03, 2:27 AM
    • 820 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    mini
    From the previous messages I thought it had been a virtual boxing match, I don't think it came across that way you got a lot of information in which people will probably recognise from other things they have heard about how they didn't advertise charges at all well, you sounded stronger & convinced of your arguement as the other one waddled along.

mini
    • COS
    • By COS 3rd Oct 03, 2:36 AM
    • 545 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    COS
    "That is a pile of pants" said Martin "I don't want to go there" replied Mr Ostrum. If Martins pants was steaming as much as his head I would'nt want to go there either ;D

Well done Martin
  • Lucyliu
    I cant get it to play!?!
    Am I being thick or do I need some sort of software to listen to it?

Help anyone Please??
    • Pal
    • By Pal 3rd Oct 03, 12:47 PM
    • 2,062 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    Pal
    Martin said: "I am also currently appearing in a series on Sky called 'Spend it like' It covers J-Lo, Tom Cruise, Robbie Williams and (yum) Kylie. "

Any chance of getting J-Lo's phone number? I understand she is a bit expensive to maintain but after a few months she gives you $10 million.

"(yum)" Kylie's phone number wouldn't be as lucrative but there would be other compensations. Unfortunately I assume I'd have to fight you for her number? >

Not having seen this programme I hope it does not involve you telling Tom Cruise that he should switch his bank account to Cahoot and apply for a cashback credit card?
  • rach
    i don;t think it was really too fast - u did come across as though you knew what you were talking about & ran rings round the other bloke! i was just slightly concerned for ths state of your blood pressure!

Rach
    • mini
    • By mini 7th Oct 03, 1:08 AM
    • 820 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    mini
    Spend it like...Robbie is on at 9pm on Wednesday on sky one.

mini
  • andrewjb
    The 'This Morning' promo slots are usually....

Once between 6am and 7am in the GMTV News Hour
    Once between 7.30am and 8.30am in GMTV Today
    and just before 3.00pm on ITV1

This Morning also runs promotions for their own features in a couple of the centre breaks in the programme itself.
    • Nile
    • By Nile 20th Jan 04, 4:35 PM
    • 14,199 Posts
    • 14,128 Thanks
    Nile
    TV listings mag has BBC1 programme 'Hey! Big Spender' showing at 9 o'clock on Wednesday 28th January. Martin, Alvin Hall and Sandra Scott offer advice.
  • Mrs Thrift
    Oh No! That clashes with ER! Sorry Martin, but I'll have to channel hop between the two. Both educational programmes, in their own way!

• Pal
    • By Pal 29th Jan 04, 5:34 PM
    • 2,062 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    Pal
    Thankfully Channel 4 decided not to try and compete with Martin and put ER on at 10 p.m. instead of the usual 9 p.m.

Otherwise I would have had to miss Martin last night I'm afraid. (Can't miss Dr Lewis, can I?)
  • Mrs Thrift
    I know - they've put this whole series on at 10pm. Do you think that's so they weren't competing with Martin that one night?

Being on at 10pm I couldn't stay awake and missed most of it! Did the nurses the come back? Did Romano get sacked instead?

I can't believe Carter's not coming back! I think I miss him more than Abby! Though I'm sure I read he's signed another 2 year contract...

Oh yeah, back to Martin - very good show last night. You have so much energy! And a lovely voice, I have to say. From what people say I thought you'd sound like a bit of a geezer.

And I don't care what everyone else says - I like Alvin AND you!

Ms T.
  • SneakySnake
    I managed to catch you on telly last night just by accident but I did watch the whole programme including the BBCi Q&A bit afterwards.

I liked the BBCi bit the best but can I say "poor Citizens advice lady", she seemed a bit shell shocked by the end of it and in that light Martin, "drink less coffee!" you ran rings round both your co-presenters in that bit, I thought it was quite funny you had more figures than the highlights of Miss World

Keep it up!

Regards

Sneaky
    :

• archived user
    UTV / BT NI
    Just worth remembering that BT charges in NI are different to that in Britian. BTNI customers calling the Republic of Ireland are charged at either local or national rate.

If a customer in a border area was to use an indirect provider as suggested, their calls to the ROI may be charged at a higher rate.

Would a customer in Newry calling Dundalk be charged cheaper than BTNI local rates (inc the discount schemes)??

Have been caught out in the past, english (telcos) forget that 00353 is not international when dialed from N. Ireland and we can end up paying more!

Just worth remembering ..... and no I don't work for BT ... just been caught out in the past!

(Even took NTL a few months to start charging 00353 as local/national here, but they got it sorted after people started noticing the charges on their bills)
  • archived user

I watched Martin on the Kelly show on UTV (just happened to flick channels) and have to say how impressed I am with his advice and the site. I am ashamed to say that before the Kelly Show I had never heard of or seen him. After his appearance I called up the site and saved a fortune of life assurance!!

I have also found the money saving emails a great read and I have already raved about Martin to friends and colleagues.

In conclusion, a big thank you and congratulations on such a brilliant site. A great big fat thumbs up!!!

Lorraine
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

296Posts Today

2,559Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin