Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Conjon101
    • By Conjon101 20th Mar 17, 10:40 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Conjon101
    Capital One - Pre Approval
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:40 AM
    Capital One - Pre Approval 20th Mar 17 at 10:40 AM
    Hi all

I'm after some advice please.

I've recently applied for a Capital One cc through the Clearscore credit matcher. I was successful in my application and was advised that my card was 'On its way'. I was asked to set up a monthly DD to make payments. I was happy to do this as the only reason I'm getting a Credit card is to build my credit and by fuel for my car. I was looking to pay the full amount each month. As I was setting up the DD details the laptop crashed. As it was data sensitive info I had entered I was unable to go back.

I've called the application team today to make sure everything is okay. They advised me that it was only a pre approval and that they still intended to carry out further 'background checks'. Does anybody know what these are? As far as I was concerned I had been approved and my card as on its way.

The reason why I am concerned is that I do have a SATISFIED CCJ on my credit report. This was satisfied in August 2014 and I haven't applied for credit since.

I feel if I am refused this Credit Card, there will be no way to help me improve my credit.

Can anybody advise if they have encountered any similar problems when applying for a Credit Card? What are the chances of me still getting my card?

I'd appreciate any advice

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 20th Mar 17, 10:42 AM
    • 11,999 Posts
    • 12,136 Thanks
    zx81
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:42 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:42 AM
    We can't tell you your chances. It's a referral.

If you're declined,the likes of aqua or Vanquis are slightly easier to get.
    • Conjon101
    • By Conjon101 20th Mar 17, 10:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Conjon101
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:48 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:48 AM
    Thanks. I just find it strange to tell me my card is on its way. I've signed and received an electronic credit agreement too.

I'd like to think I'll still get it as I don't want to make too many credit applications.
    • stuart30
    • By stuart30 20th Mar 17, 12:28 PM
    • 495 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    stuart30
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:28 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:28 PM
    Thanks. I just find it strange to tell me my card is on its way. I've signed and received an electronic credit agreement too.

I'd like to think I'll still get it as I don't want to make too many credit applications.
    Originally posted by Conjon101

You"ll get it in the post in a few days time...if you was getting declined they would tell you.

Id worry not mate.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,935Posts Today

4,951Users online

Martin's Twitter