Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 20th Mar 17, 6:14 AM
    • 2,839Posts
    • 38,330Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Monday 20 March 2017
    • 20th Mar 17, 6:14 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 20 March 2017 20th Mar 17 at 6:14 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 20 March 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit.

Now light but wet underfoot and rain is forecast for most of the day.

Lunch yesterday was roast pork, roasties, mash, cabbage, carrots, broc, peas, yorkshires and gravy - all eaten and enjoyed, no leftovers. Dinner tonight will be fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg.

We were quite productive over the weekend, menfolk finished off sorting the door out, DH then got some jobs in the garden done and we visited the outlaws and my parents. Once we were home and eaten lunch we had a chilled afternoon.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 20-03-2017 at 6:21 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • karcher
    • By karcher 20th Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    • 1,293 Posts
    • 10,856 Thanks
    karcher
    Afternoon all

My feet hurt after what's felt like a very long/frustrating day.

They are now up on the sofa resting.... as am I.

I just did not want to get out of bed this morning, why do the weekends go so fast?

Gers and NRA hope your days went as well as can be.

Enjoy a restful evening all
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 20th Mar 17, 6:12 PM
    • 1,208 Posts
    • 13,527 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Evening all, I went to work early so missed the thread. Nothing to report, am cream crackered.
    Thinking of Gers and NRA
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • YorksLass
    • By YorksLass 20th Mar 17, 6:56 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 3,713 Thanks
    YorksLass
    Well, if this is the first day of Spring then all I can say is roll on Summer!

This morning here was wet (very wet), followed by sunshine and brilliant blue skies but a cool wind, and now it’s bucketing it down again. The rain blowing against the window sounds like hailstones and the sky is black. Have just drawn the curtains as I don’t really want to look at it, it’s so depressing.

nannywindow – I hope Friday’s weather will be kinder for the DGC’s Easter Egg Hunt!

Still, I managed to pick a dry period to take some bits and bobs to the CS before lunchtime so that’s a bit more clutter out of the way.

This afternoon I chopped up what was left of the celery and bagged it up to go in the freezer. Then I made a frittata using LOs of last night’s dinner (potatoes, broccoli, cauli plus eggs, grated cheese and minced garlic) and we’re having that tonight with salad.

Today the neighbourhood magpies have been pulling out bits from the hanging basket coco liners (three that I didn’t get around to emptying last autumn) and it was quite amusing watching them clinging on in the wind. They’re really persistent and I guess they must be re-lining their nests – as long as they don’t do it later in the year when the baskets have been re-made.

tru – don’t knock yourself out with the To Do list; there’s always tomorrow.

Judi – Yes, we’ve just gone on to prescription deliveries for the same reason.

Have a peaceful evening all, and (((hugs))) to anyone needing or wanting them.
    Be kind to others and to yourself too. Life has its ups and downs, use the ups to overcome the downs!

Oct GC: £200 - £76.92 = £123.08 / 13/35 NSDs
    Sep +£42.85 Aug +£84.62 July +£7.98 June -£3.13 May +£10.37

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

259Posts Today

1,637Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin