Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 19th Mar 17, 7:49 PM
    • 14,966Posts
    • 20,310Thanks
    pinkshoes
    Prepaid virtual credit card
    • 19th Mar 17, 7:49 PM
    Prepaid virtual credit card 19th Mar 17 at 7:49 PM
    I have a prepaid virtual credit card with £10 on it that I got for doing some surveys online.

How on earth do I use it??

Amazon won't let you use it as a partial payment when paying with another card, and Paypal don't like it either, so that rules eBay purchases out.

Where or how can I spend this thing?? I normally opt for an Amazon voucher but thought this would give me more flexibility. What was I thinking???

Does anyone know of any easy options where I can make up the extra cost with a debit card?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 19th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    • 934 Posts
    • 983 Thanks
    venison
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    You could buy something for less than £10 on amazon etc.
    #WeStandTogether
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 19th Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    As with virtual cards in for example Neteller, Revolut and Soldo you don't get a plastic card but you get all the details; card number, name on card, expiry date and CVV. You use it online.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 19th Mar 17, 8:27 PM
    • 2,915 Posts
    • 1,889 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:27 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:27 PM
    I have a prepaid virtual credit card with £10 on it that I got for doing some surveys online.

How on earth do I use it??

Amazon won't let you use it as a partial payment when paying with another card, and Paypal don't like it either, so that rules eBay purchases out.

Where or how can I spend this thing?? I normally opt for an Amazon voucher but thought this would give me more flexibility. What was I thinking???

Does anyone know of any easy options where I can make up the extra cost with a debit card?
    Originally posted by pinkshoes
    I had a few of these a while ago. I used them as part payment towards a catalogue account.

Could you use it as part payment towards a credit card bill?

Mobile phone top-up?
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 19th Mar 17, 8:55 PM
    • 14,966 Posts
    • 20,310 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:55 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:55 PM
    You could buy something for less than £10 on amazon etc.
    Originally posted by venison
    Tried that, but their postage is really high for small items, so it kept taking it over £10!

Perhaps I'll try boots online or similar and collect from a store avoid the postage!

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 19th Mar 17, 9:00 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 458 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:00 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:00 PM
    Use it to load your PayPal account? You can then use it as part payment or withdraw to your bank account.
    • WillPS
    • By WillPS 19th Mar 17, 10:40 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    WillPS
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:40 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:40 PM
    Buy an Amazon egift voucher - which can be used to part pay...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

232Posts Today

1,302Users online

Martin's Twitter