Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AlwaysHappy
    • By AlwaysHappy 19th Mar 17, 12:46 PM
    • 1,485Posts
    • 11,713Thanks
    AlwaysHappy
    How to sell silver
    • 19th Mar 17, 12:46 PM
    How to sell silver 19th Mar 17 at 12:46 PM
    Morning - My mother passed away a couple of years ago and I am finally getting around to sorting out the remaining boxes which I put in my loft. I have come across some hallmarked silver and as I don't need it, wonder how to go about selling it? Many thanks
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
Page 1
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 19th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 7,079 Posts
    • 19,145 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 19th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    Get a library book on hallmarks to check place & date assayed, scales to calculate the weight & then wonder if this should perhaps have been included in the estate.

Ebay sold items are useful for gauging how much interest there has been for a specific item, but if you've formal sets then a traditional auction house with a specific sale for silver flatware etc may be better. Certainly less fuss but also often a larger cut taken.

Caveat vendor!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,731Posts Today

7,238Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin