Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shecar
    • By Shecar 16th Mar 17, 3:30 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 31Thanks
    Shecar
    Benefits & Work Forum
    • 16th Mar 17, 3:30 PM
    Benefits & Work Forum 16th Mar 17 at 3:30 PM
    I am new to this site, forgive me if this information has already been posted:
    As a new user I am unable to post the link - this is easily found if you google: Benefits and works

For people out there struggling to complete PIP forms, as I was a few weeks ago, or indeed, other paperwork generated by the DWP
    These people have created easy to follow guides to help fill in the endless reams of paperwork the DWP is producing.
    Forum users have the facility to ask questions regarding benefits. Questions that are in the main, answered by qualified professionals - with legally correct and up to date advice.
    There is a fee for joining @ £19:95 a year, but from what I have already seen this is money well spent, the PIP Guide in particular is extremely informative.

Hopefully this will help,

Sheila
    Very happy early retired Mum, surrounded by the Welsh hills, our dogs, cats, goats and poultry

Page 2
    • venison
    • By venison 17th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    venison
    The forum and guides may be useful, but the way they scaremonger is disgusting.

Often they're not even right in their doom laden predictions.

Of course, the scaremongering just makes people believe they need the guides even more...
    Originally posted by Ames
    I was a member quite a few years ago then I realised that B&W were very often working towards their own agenda, and never renewed my membership, as others have said the same and often better advice is widely and freely avaliable.
    • Better Days
    • By Better Days 21st Mar 17, 2:39 PM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 12,569 Thanks
    Better Days
    I also think the B&W guides are great and worth every penny of the charge.

I can work through them at my own pace, and there isn't much expertise in local welfare rights for people with ME. I am often not well enough to leave the house and wouldn't be able to cope cognitively with dealing with the claim over the phone.

Its horses for courses. Different people find different modes of assistance most appropriate.
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,600Posts Today

9,202Users online

Martin's Twitter