Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 12th Mar 17, 11:44 PM
    • 838Posts
    • 247Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Calling time on PIP
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:44 PM
    Calling time on PIP 12th Mar 17 at 11:44 PM
    To tell you the truth I have had it.
    What with the replies that I have been getting, and the opinions that I am facing an almost impossible task in turning over the PIP decision, and the lack of help from any outside welfare rights agency I am closing the book on the PIP claim. I just cannot cope with rejection - it is a personal thing.
    I've been told that I should not claim it if I don't need the money, it was my fault that CAB didn't get back to me in time, my fault that I didn't get a 14 day extension from the DWP when I was offered 7 days and worst still, it's my fault that I am ill which makes me irrational and unable to see things/deal with things.

I just hope that nobody else has to try to cope with what has been thrown at me.
Page 1
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 13th Mar 17, 12:41 AM
    • 1,163 Posts
    • 3,640 Thanks
    cbrown372
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:41 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:41 AM
    So long Andy, until the next user name
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 13th Mar 17, 1:12 AM
    • 10,067 Posts
    • 18,585 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:12 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:12 AM
    So long Andy, until the next user name
    Originally posted by cbrown372
    That's it... I've been off these boards for some time but when I returned I knew the persona had been about before.. just couldn't think of the name. But psychologically identical. Needless to say I take with pinch of salt the claims being made.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • Thomas The Tank Top
    • By Thomas The Tank Top 13th Mar 17, 5:58 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 468 Thanks
    Thomas The Tank Top
    • 13th Mar 17, 5:58 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 5:58 AM
    Andy & Flo received a lifetime MSE ban. But has returned time and time again under different AE's.
    • Tommo1980
    • By Tommo1980 13th Mar 17, 8:11 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    Tommo1980
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:11 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:11 AM
    Oh boo hoo. Poor you!
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 13th Mar 17, 8:44 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:44 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:44 AM
    Where has all of that come from????
    Some seriously strange postings.

Anyhow you shouldn't judge others so I'll say no more.
    This thread was nothing more than putting it out there of the closure of the PIP claim.
    I didn't want others to keep advising and using up their valuable time on a claim that I am no longer pursuing.

However I won't give up that easily, I am now seeking advice on how to go about making a claim for Attendance Allowance. Is it the same as PIP? Is it easier to get? Does it give an automatic right to a BB? Having now to tax the car all I am looking for is a rate that brings in enough to cover the tax element.
    Last edited by rockingbilly; 13-03-2017 at 8:46 AM.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Mar 17, 8:53 AM
    • 990 Posts
    • 860 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:53 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:53 AM
    Where has all of that come from????
    Some seriously strange postings.

Anyhow you shouldn't judge others so I'll say no more.
    This thread was nothing more than putting it out there of the closure of the PIP claim.
    I didn't want others to keep advising and using up their valuable time on a claim that I am no longer pursuing.

However I won't give up that easily, I am now seeking advice on how to go about making a claim for Attendance Allowance. Is it the same as PIP? Is it easier to get? Does it give an automatic right to a BB? Having now to tax the car all I am looking for is a rate that brings in enough to cover the tax element.
    Originally posted by rockingbilly
    AA is similar to PIP but there's no mobility. Having only recently be refused PIP you may find they'll refuse you AA too. No it doesn't give a Blue Badge because there's no mobility part.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 13th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    AA is similar to PIP but there's no mobility. Having only recently be refused PIP you may find they'll refuse you AA too. No it doesn't give a Blue Badge because there's no mobility part.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Thanks
    I believe that the reason for the PIP failure is entirely down to how the Jobcentre filled the form out for me. The evidence I have is excellent.
    So with a better completed application form surely they will look at the content and not refer back to the mess created by the JC?
    OK. My BB expires in September and as I don't drive anymore it really isn't a problem. My wife who does the driving has her own BB.
    As I have said, I'm not bothered what rate I am offered or where it comes from just as long as it covers the cost of the road tax.
    It would be acceptable to me for the government to acknowledge my disabilities by making such an award.
    I can't find any reference to the descriptors for Attendance Allowance - does anyone have any info please?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Mar 17, 9:40 AM
    • 990 Posts
    • 860 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:40 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:40 AM
    Thanks
    I believe that the reason for the PIP failure is entirely down to how the Jobcentre filled the form out for me. The evidence I have is excellent.
    So with a better completed application form surely they will look at the content and not refer back to the mess created by the JC?
    OK. My BB expires in September and as I don't drive anymore it really isn't a problem. My wife who does the driving has her own BB.
    As I have said, I'm not bothered what rate I am offered or where it comes from just as long as it covers the cost of the road tax.
    It would be acceptable to me for the government to acknowledge my disabilities by making such an award.
    I can't find any reference to the descriptors for Attendance Allowance - does anyone have any info please?
    Doesn't make any difference you still got refused. If you were that certain it was filled out wrong you would continue with your PIP MR. So many people have give you so much advice and now you're moving onto AA. I have no idea what the sense of that is. I recently read a few stories of someone in your possition who was on DLA before and was asked to transfer to PIP, they were refused PIP decided not to ask for the MR instead applied for AA. They were refused that too. If you're certain of the fact the form was filled out wrong then continue with the MR. Anyway i'm done with advicing you because we're just going round in circles.. i wish you good luck.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 13th Mar 17, 10:41 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Doesn't make any difference you still got refused. If you were that certain it was filled out wrong you would continue with your PIP MR. So many people have give you so much advice and now you're moving onto AA. I have no idea what the sense of that is. I recently read a few stories of someone in your possition who was on DLA before and was asked to transfer to PIP, they were refused PIP decided not to ask for the MR instead applied for AA. They were refused that too. If you're certain of the fact the form was filled out wrong then continue with the MR. Anyway i'm done with advicing you because we're just going round in circles.. i wish you good luck.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    I can only be that certain if and when the DWP send me a copy of the PIP2. But given what I found when looking at the first 5 or so pages and the refusal to consider any of the evidence submitted it only makes me believe that it is the claim form that caused the problem.
    Others have said on here that if I go along and challenge the content of the claim form via a MR or appeal, it is only going to give rise to them thinking that I don't really have any difficulties or needs and that I am trying to amend what was said on the form to get an award.
    I would look a complete idiot at a Tribunal if I was asked to explain why I am challenging my own claim.
    I cannot believe that every claim made had the backing of professional welfare advice, there must be many others who failed to give a good enough account of their needs.
    Making a fresh claim for a totally different benefit and delaying sending it in for as long as it takes to get proper advice and help seems to me to be the best way forward.
    You are under no obligation to give me any advice if that is your stance. Maybe others will be more forgiving?
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 13th Mar 17, 10:52 AM
    • 1,163 Posts
    • 3,640 Thanks
    cbrown372
    Hey, some help here using one of your previous user names....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135957

and another re your blue badge

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5198504

proof of posting

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5146955
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 13th Mar 17, 11:11 AM
    • 10,067 Posts
    • 18,585 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    lol.. priceless.... an attention seeker for whom the truth probably lies somewhere between the various claims... yet another thread necessary to announce the game is up.. but a new one starting. So if we're to believe the other posting he lost DLA when he 'jumped the gun' in needlessly applying for PIP and failing. If there was any truth to that then this would be the latest PIP claim that has failed. But quite frankly none of it may be true... I find it hard to believe someone can be so reckless with their claims in the most basic regards yet at the same time feel competent enough to give people advice on such benefits that is accurate but with a deliberate false twist.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 13-03-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 13th Mar 17, 11:14 AM
    • 10,067 Posts
    • 18,585 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    I would look a complete idiot at a Tribunal if I was asked to explain why I am challenging my own claim.
    Don't you recall that episode of Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em... where Frank Spencer unwittingly gets embroiled in drug couriering. He was so incompetent in court in defending himself that the judge concludes he couldn't possibly be involved in organised crime and so acquits him. You could be well advised to imitate the tactic... in that a tribunal may be convinced you do have significant support needs across the board in order to avoid harm to yourself... especially regarding categories like Dealing with money, people or cooking. I imagine someone who throws away a good lifetime award for DLA to apply for PIP and then applies for PIP without studying what they're submitting... would also be someone you wouldn't want left looking after an oven or pot of vegetables... or organising household finances.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 13-03-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 13th Mar 17, 11:33 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    What on earth have those postings got to do with me? They aren't even mine.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 13th Mar 17, 11:56 AM
    • 856 Posts
    • 889 Thanks
    NeilCr
    Here you go

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/attendance-allowance/claiming-attendance-allowance/help-with-attendance-allowance-form/

To be honest given that you have been claiming DLA for years you should have a pretty good idea re AA - which is, in general terms, much the same as the care element of DLA

ETA. There is no lower rate with AA (the cooking test)
    Last edited by NeilCr; 13-03-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 13th Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Here you go

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/attendance-allowance/claiming-attendance-allowance/help-with-attendance-allowance-form/

To be honest given that you have been claiming DLA for years you should have a pretty good idea re AA - which is, in general terms, much the same as the care element of DLA

ETA. There is no lower rate with AA (the cooking test)
    Originally posted by NeilCr
    Thanks

I no longer have a DLA award as you know. All I can remember when I last filled out a DLA claim pack was that I made reference to the difficulties that I had how often I had them and how I managed to circumvent them. What I do know is that my GP sent the DWP a factual report to them and on the strength of that report I was awarded HRM & MRC indefinitely.
    I do however have to be honest and say that I was gobsmacked with what they said I was entitled to and to this day I still can't work it out why they awarded. But hey I wasn't one to complain.

That link is a bit complicated to follow. Do they really expect me to time everything day and night? And then keep a 24/7 diary of events?

I'll have to get someone to fill the form in for me like most people do.
    Last edited by rockingbilly; 13-03-2017 at 7:08 PM.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 13th Mar 17, 7:51 PM
    • 856 Posts
    • 889 Thanks
    NeilCr
    Point of the diary

Here's a copy of the form

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/540578/AA1-interactive-claim-pack.pdf

Have a good look and see how often it asks for the number of times a day you do/have trouble with things. When I fill in the form with someone who hasn't done a diary more guesswork/estimation comes in to play
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th Mar 17, 7:52 PM
    • 7,872 Posts
    • 4,695 Thanks
    teddysmum
    It's no great loss ,as in another thread you say you give it all away to family.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 13th Mar 17, 8:03 PM
    • 10,067 Posts
    • 18,585 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    Thanks

I no longer have a DLA award as you know. All I can remember when I last filled out a DLA claim pack was that I made reference to the difficulties that I had how often I had them and how I managed to circumvent them. What I do know is that my GP sent the DWP a factual report to them and on the strength of that report I was awarded HRM & MRC indefinitely.
    I do however have to be honest and say that I was gobsmacked with what they said I was entitled to and to this day I still can't work it out why they awarded. But hey I wasn't one to complain.

That link is a bit complicated to follow. Do they really expect me to time everything day and night? And then keep a 24/7 diary of events?

I'll have to get someone to fill the form in for me like most people do.
    Regarding the bolded.. the decision letter should have told you....'we have awarded you x because you need y'. I would have requested the GP factual report at the time and it may have helped understand if not also have had potential future use. But in all honesty.. I don't believe your claims here any more than others you make.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 13-03-2017 at 8:08 PM.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 14th Mar 17, 12:29 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Regarding the bolded.. the decision letter should have told you....'we have awarded you x because you need y'. I would have requested the GP factual report at the time and it may have helped understand if not also have had potential future use. But in all honesty.. I don't believe your claims here any more than others you make.
    Originally posted by Muttleythefrog
    Your choice, you don't know me and you have never met me.
    Of course it said why. I was gobsmacked with the level of the award. I could not in all honesty match the reasons for the award with how I saw myself - if that makes any sense.
    I found out about the report that the DLA people asked my GP to complete when I asked for a copy of my medical file from the GP - a copy was in the pack that he had sent.
    I still have it - dated Nov 2011. Didn't see that there was any relevance in it for the PIP claim as the two benefits are totally different in the same way that Attendance Allowance differs from DLA.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

822Posts Today

6,905Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin