Wife's student loan

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question, but I just want to be sure.

My wife and I got married in Autumn 2016 and we're currently living outside the UK. I'm working, but she isn't yet.

SLC has sent a letter asking for her to update her details. If someone isn't working, they want to know how they're supporting themselves. Should we be saying that she's being supported by a 3rd party (i.e. me)?

That hardly seems right, because they want to know how much the third party gives and bank statements showing the money being transferred from account to account. We're husband and wife - we have one bank account (currently in my name only) and we work from that.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,783
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    http://www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=93,7950696&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

I'm supported by someone else

If you’re supported financially by someone else, have that person complete the Third Party Declaration on the form.

When we process your complete form, we’ll update your records to show that no repayments are required at this time.

If you have any questions about the Confirmation of Customer Details form or on the evidence required, call us on: 0300 100 0611 (Mon – Fri 8am - 8pm).
  • Jack_
    Jack_ Posts: 4
    First Anniversary
    Thanks for that.

SLC seem to make a big deal about providing evidence of being supported. Do you think we need to send any documentary evidence or should simply completing the form be enough?

Do you think I need to include a figure as to how much I'm supporting her? (I have no idea how I would calculate that - what's mine is hers - it's not as if I'm giving her pocket money!)
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,783
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Call the number given to clarify.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts