Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 27th Feb 17, 4:33 PM
    • 15,604Posts
    • 127,396Thanks
    JackieO
    Love Food, Hate Waste
    • 27th Feb 17, 4:33 PM
    Love Food, Hate Waste 27th Feb 17 at 4:33 PM
    I have been surfing around the internet this afternoon and found a site about Stop Wasting Food I think had quite a good idea ,in that instead of restricting ourselves from certain stuff during Lent perhaps it would be better to limit the over buying, and use up the initial stuff we already have .There is apparently a Russian young lady who seemingly has reduced the amount that Dennmark wastes by changing peoples out look in the supermarkets, and they have significantly reduced the amount of stuff being binned into landfill

Now to me that seems like a pretty good idea. The supermarkets have reduced amounts binned by instead of offering BOGOFFs they have reduced single purchases so its more economical to buy less. Doesn't sound like a bad idea ,I can understand people buying large amounts if they have larger families, but how often have we all been swayed by BOGOFFs,myself included. What do you all think ?

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

If you like this you might also like our ZeroWaste and Recycle Week discussions.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 02-10-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
Page 8
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 16th Mar 17, 5:38 PM
    • 4,600 Posts
    • 45,237 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Whilst we're on the subject of pesto, Heron Foods (similar to Farmfoods) had some standard Dolmio basil pesto in at 69p for 180g. I read that it could be used on bread, so tried it.. I did enjoy it. Great as a base for another topping or just by itself.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 16th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    • 15,604 Posts
    • 127,396 Thanks
    JackieO
    Brilliant stuff YorksLass you really have got the bit between your teeth and all the others who like me are really going for it .

Love the idea of the broken biscuit crumb base, also Ginmonster terrific idea about the pesto Its so expensive to buy ,yet reasonably easy to make and uses up stuff brilliantly.

Day 16 and only a couple of things on my shopping list, but nothing I can't do without, and replace with something else instead.

I am using up one of my sauce mixes tonight with my bangers and mash. I also have dug out of the cupboards some evaporated milk so hope to use that to make some custard to go with my LO fruit crumble made from an OOD tin of pie filling yesterday. Tasted OK to me and was only a couple of months OOD

Tomorrow nights dinner will be fish from the freezer and I found a bag of wedges at the back of the freezer that I have forgotten about so some of them will be used up instead of me making some from fresh spuds I also have some mushy peas in a tin I want to use up if I can

Frugally onwards chums
    JackieO x
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 17th Mar 17, 7:07 AM
    • 15,604 Posts
    • 127,396 Thanks
    JackieO
    Found this recipe back in 2008 on here and thank you to Joey and Emma who posted it .I have used it lots of times ,especially when I have ;leftover broken cream crackers in the bottom of the barrel

I make Southern Style "Fried" Chicken by whizzing up in blender equal quantities of ready salted crisps and left over cream cracker crumbs into fine breadcrumbs. I then add some cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder (fresh garlic burns) and salt and pepper.

Get skinless chicken pieces; coat them in seasoned flour first, then beaten egg, then the crumbs. Shove it on a baking tray at about 180' until its all cooked through.

I prefer (and find it cheaper) to make it with thighs and drumsticks (bones still in make it moister).Really is a quick cheapie was of getting the 'southern fried' flavour if your short of pennies and uses up stuff indoors
    • YorksLass
    • By YorksLass 17th Mar 17, 3:07 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 4,341 Thanks
    YorksLass
    The pigs in Goa eat Human waste!
    Originally posted by candygirl
    Yuk!!!

Didn’t have the tin of rice pud yesterday as we were quite full after the salad (decided on tuna in the end) so it lives for another day but at least it’s on my radar to use up.

Today - Breakfast: Grapefruit & toast, Lunch: soup & crispbakes, Dinner: nice and easy today - battered haddock & mushy peas (from freezer) with b&b, tinned pears & ice-cream.

Today’s spends £3.85 – a box of 240 teabags £2.85 (these will last us for a month) and 4 pts milk £1.

I have a wholemeal loaf baking in the BM (smelling fab) so using up some flour and yeast. I was going to do some baking tomorrow but bad back has put paid to that. It’s not a disaster though as I have an apple pie and some mandarin cheesecake in the freezer, plus a twin pack of jaffa cakes in the cupboard if we want any treats with our afternoon cuppa.
    Be kind to others and to yourself too. Life has its ups and downs, use the ups to overcome the downs!

Dec £0/£160 0/28 NSDs
    Nov -£2.60 Oct +£9.92 Sep +£42.85 Aug +£84.62 July +£7.98 June -£3.13 May +£10.37

• Ginmonster
    • By Ginmonster 17th Mar 17, 3:28 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 3,048 Thanks
    Ginmonster
    That Southern fried coating recipe sounds lovely JackieO. I'm veggie so I wouldn't use chicken but I think it might work nicely on slices of aubergine (not that I have any of that right now) or even potato wedges. I probably have a half open packet of crackers somewhere in a cupboard. Although with my husband around there's next to no chance there will be any spare crisps.

mcculloch29 - I've used that Jack Monroe recipe before myself and it's nice To be honest, that's what gave me the idea you could basically put anything in pesto. I'd never have thought of it before. I've also put walnuts in when I've happened to have them and that's lovely too. I've got loads of cashews at the moment as I got an enormous bag from Approved Food a couple of months ago. I'm putting them in everything!
    • usernameisvalid
    • By usernameisvalid 18th Mar 17, 12:20 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    usernameisvalid
    I use the crushed crisp and crackers for the coating of scotch eggs

Cheese and onion crisp are particularly good

Saw it on a hairy bikers show
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 18th Mar 17, 9:06 AM
    • 15,604 Posts
    • 127,396 Thanks
    JackieO
    I must try that usernameisvalid I saw the original recipe for making southern fried coating on this forum around 2007 and stuck it in My Online Cook book.

Using cheese and onion crisps sounds brilliant as my DD always has those left over when she gets one of those big packets as only DGS Jack eats them,and not that often .

I never buy crisps as I'm not that keen on them ,but will happily use up left over ones in a recipe.I shall snaffle some from DDs when I am there next

Not much using up today as I am off out this afternoon to stay at my sis-in-laws for the evening,then to my DDs tomorrow afternoon and won't be back home to my house until late tomorrow night.I got a couple of sausages out from the freezer last night so may cook those this morning for lunch.I am also baking a lemon drizzle cake and some scones this morning as I have a fancy for a warm scone with a cuppa at my sis-in-laws this afternoon.She is taking me out tonight for a belated birthday dinner as she has been away in Mexico for three months ,so we have a lot of catching up to do.

No shopping needed until probably next Wednesday I have a very small list of things by the kettle ,but nothing that won't wait and I can juggle what I have for a few more days

Have a good weekend chums and hang on to your purses

JackieO xx
    • usernameisvalid
    • By usernameisvalid 18th Mar 17, 1:58 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    usernameisvalid
    Jackie, what they also done with the scotch egg was to use pickled eggs

It was in their series The Chicken and The Egg , think it's on I player still. They had a competition with the makers of the best scotch eggs in the uk and those chefs agreed the pickled eggs and crisps ones were lovely so I gave it a go. I used soft boiled eggs though and just some cheap pork sausage meat I had in the freezer which I jazzed up with herbs and spices

Exceedingly scrummy and even though I was full half way through mine, I kept at it lol. I don't usually like scotch eggs but they were good
    • YorksLass
    • By YorksLass 18th Mar 17, 4:12 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 4,341 Thanks
    YorksLass
    Jackie: I’ve saved your idea for the Southern Style Fried Chicken and will try that next time we have any crisps floating about (we don’t get them often and only buy ready salted, not keen on the flavoured type). And yes, I also use chicken thighs and drumsticks as a cheaper alternative to breast meat.

usernameisvalid: Of course you have to persevere with finishing off a whole scotch egg; it would be rude not to, wouldn’t it, especially when you’ve taken the time and effort to make them!

Today’s meals: Brunch (late start to the day) – Ham sandwiches (a YS pack from freezer) + mustard (DH had English and I finished off some wholegrain – woohoo, another jar gone) Dinner –mussels and prawns (from freezer), tomato wedges, hm wholemeal bread and butter, plus a slice of mandarin cheesecake for afters

I’ll be making up a meal plan again for this week to use up as much as possible of what’s left of the fresh foods; it seems to make life so much easier. Four meals already in mind:

Sunday dinner: beef in gravy (from freezer), last of cauli and broccoli, potatoes

A pasta bake (last 2 rashers of bacon/last 3 mushrooms along with some peppers from freezer, a packet mix for the sauce, dried pasta, grated cheese topping)

A salad with ???? (to use up lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber)

Sausage from freezer – maybe a toad in the hole with potatoes and carrot & swede mash

I love to read everyone’s posts on here and to pick up new ideas - every day’s a learning day - and I relish the challenge of making something from not much; best of all it’s purse-friendly!
    Be kind to others and to yourself too. Life has its ups and downs, use the ups to overcome the downs!

Dec £0/£160 0/28 NSDs
    Nov -£2.60 Oct +£9.92 Sep +£42.85 Aug +£84.62 July +£7.98 June -£3.13 May +£10.37

• JackieO
    • By JackieO 19th Mar 17, 3:39 PM
    • 15,604 Posts
    • 127,396 Thanks
    JackieO
    A quick nip in to say Hi as I am in transit between my sis-in-laws and my DDs.Sis-in-law gave me some coriander spice and also a large half full catering jar of both baking powder and mixed spice.She used to run a small tea house on a local golf course near to where she lives and only gave it up at Christmas just before she went off to Mexico for several months She says she won't use them now she no longer bakes cakes etc daily for the tea shop so I came home with them,plus some red colouring gel for cake icing
    NSD today, or at all until possibly Wednesday so all is good
    Glad everyone is having a go at reducing their waste and shopping bills so well
    Cheers chums

JackieO xx
    • YorksLass
    • By YorksLass 19th Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 4,341 Thanks
    YorksLass
    A quick nip in to say Hi as I am in transit between my sis-in-laws and my DDs.Sis-in-law gave me some coriander spice and also a large half full catering jar of both baking powder and mixed spice.She used to run a small tea house on a local golf course near to where she lives and only gave it up at Christmas just before she went off to Mexico for several months She says she won't use them now she no longer bakes cakes etc daily for the tea shop so I came home with them,plus some red colouring gel for cake icing
    JackieO xx
    Originally posted by JackieO
    How did I know you'd come back with something?

Breakfast this morning: sausage, eggy bread & baked beans
    Lunch: Cheese & biscuits
    Dinner tonight: Roast beef in gravy (from freezer), cauli, broccoli (not enough of each to make 2 portions so cooking together), mash, Yorks pud

And for tonight, while we're watching the new series of Vera, we'll be having popcorn; found a box at the back of the cupboard.

Dec £0/£160 0/28 NSDs

• suki1964
    • By suki1964 19th Mar 17, 6:25 PM
    • 10,083 Posts
    • 24,862 Thanks
    suki1964
    Haa, popcorn, just realised I've a packet of microwave stuff so as my guests are away tomorrow I shall nuke that tonight
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it

still singing, loud and clear
    • Rachiedabbler70
    • By Rachiedabbler70 19th Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 1,845 Thanks
    Rachiedabbler70
    Hi All
    JackieO great thread - just read it all. I'm on the grocery challenge but suspect I have the makings of a couple of weeks worth of meals in the house so might follow your lead until 31st March and see how little I can spend of the £30 I have left in my budget.
    Pay Your Debts off by Xmas 2015 - success - DFD 19/09/2015
    Mortgage start June 2016 - 152k, 151.3k, 150.3k, 149.4k, 148.8k, 147.6k, 146.6k 145.9k
    145.1k 144.4 143.5 142.6k141.3k
    Savings £1633/£10000
    2017 GC £1610.87/£3250
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 20th Mar 17, 8:36 AM
    • 15,604 Posts
    • 127,396 Thanks
    JackieO
    Go Rachiedabbler Its interesting to find new ways with old stuff.

Tonight's dinner is going to be a salad from the fridge with lettuce,tomatoes,cucumber,beetroot, grated cheese, some pickles and a small tin of sardines from the cupboard and perhaps one of the small potatoes from the veg box scrubbed and cooked in its jacket in the microwave and crisped up for the last 10 minutes in my remoska, for I like the skin crispy.

I will dollop a spoonful of onion chutney on top with a squirt or two of some of the flavoured mayo from the fridge .More than enough to fill my boots and everything is stuff I already have in store.

Lunch will be some soup from the cupboard that I found last week that I had forgotten about.

I had bought these tins before Christmas when my local tescos were selling them off and kept them as a back up in case we had bad weather in January and I couldn't get out to buy fresh veg

I have about 6 tins of various flavours and they had been reduced to 25p a tin so a tin of mixed veg soup with some crackers and perhaps some grated cheese with fill my lunchtime tum up.

Cereal for breakfast and that's today's food all done and dusted .Nothing to buy at all and more food moved out from the stocks.

Its Day 20 of the trial of using up what I have and I am so pleased its all going to plan. I do have a small list of stuff to buy,probably on Wednesday but at the moment nothing I can't do without

YorksLass I was really pleased with the stuff my dear sis-in-law Jan gave me bless her and on Sunday before I came home after me telling here about Love Food Hate waste we did a stock take of her kitchen cupboards and we unearthed lots of things that she is going to use up this week She thought it was a great idea, as she too has far too much stuff.I was really pleased with the odds and ends as she said its unlikely she will need them now so I was welcome to them She knows I bake quite a bit for my DGS so the mixed spice and baking powder will be very handy. The coriander will be used when next Aldis or Lidls have a special offer on carrots as I like carrot and coriander HM soups and when I make it I make quite a bit and it gets stored in the freezer in soft zippy pouches. This morning in fact I am making a fruit cake and will be using some of the mixed spice already Its one of those Chefs catering jars so it may take a bit of time to use it up but Jan said she only got it when she was doing a lots of baking for the golf club tea house.

I took her a victoria sponge cake and a dozen scones when I went down on Saturday and she was very pleased with those.

Saw my DD yesterday afternoon and she says she has ordered me Mary Berry's baking bible so I am looking forward to getting that

Right enough waffling, time to get a wriggle on. Hope every one has a good week and manages to use up some more of their food mountains

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
    • YorksLass
    • By YorksLass 20th Mar 17, 6:20 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 4,341 Thanks
    YorksLass
    Welcome Rachiedabbler, keep dropping in on this Forum and you’re sure to get plenty of ideas on how to stretch out your food stocks!

Today’s meals:

Breakfast: Cinnamon flavoured cereal (that I love but only ever buy when it’s on offer as it’s expensive), toast & lime marmalade

Lunch: Chicken & root veg soup (the freebie carton I got the other week) + a small crispy roll (from freezer)

Mid-afternoon: Cup of ginger & lemon tea with a piece of Xmas cake (yep, there’s still some left) + Cheshire cheese

Dinner: Salad with frittata – used up most of the salad stuff in the fridge (a bit of lettuce and two tomatoes left, a sarnie tomorrow lunch-time maybe?) and the frittata was made from yesterday’s LOs from dinner (potato, broccoli, cauli plus 3 eggs, some grated cheese and minced garlic). It was very tasty and filling and, best of all, didn’t cost a fortune.

This afternoon I chopped up what was left of the celery and bagged that up for the freezer. Tomorrow I shall be looking at doing something with an almost full swede and what seems to be a mountain of carrots; a batch of swede & carrot mash springs to mind and possibly some kind of veg soup.

The popcorn last night was pretty good, considering it had a BB date of Dec 2015! It tasted just fine and most of it “popped” OK.

The list of items that I’ve run out of is getting longer but there’s still nothing I’m desperate for yet, thanks to using up existing stocks and a bit of imagination. Happy days

Dec £0/£160 0/28 NSDs

• candygirl
    • By candygirl 20th Mar 17, 7:16 PM
    • 26,088 Posts
    • 105,741 Thanks
    candygirl
    Got an online Morrisons shop yesterday, as my car is poorly I definitely have enough in now for at least two weeks, barring bread n dog food.
    Anyhow, I made potato n leek soup today, which will last for about 4 meals.I'm going to follow our JACKIE O'S advice, n do a freezer n cupboard inventory. I know there's tons of stuff i've forgotten about.
    Just had some of my soup, with pumpkinn sunflower bread It was lush, n the dogs had a bit each on top of their food :-P
    Think some kind of pasta concoction is on the cards for tomorrow :-D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 21st Mar 17, 8:08 AM
    • 15,604 Posts
    • 127,396 Thanks
    JackieO
    YorksLass we are sisters under the skin.I too am a lover of the cinnamon cereal, Tescos had it a few weeks ago at half price for £1.24, and I snaffled a couple of boxes then, as you say its quite expensive.

Back in the days when I used to eat bread I would make cinnamon toast for myself and my two DDS. Basically just lightly toasted bread buttered with a little brown sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top then whacked back under the grill ,mmm I am drooling just thinking about it.

The flavour of cinnamon is to die for mixed with butter and soft brown sugar ,but it was usually a special treat

This morning I have some mini shredded wheat instead with milk and a bit of left over single cream from Sundays coffee.,Single Elmlea 'light' cream is another treat that I only have once a week with my fresh ground coffee and a pot usually lasts me until mid week I had some in an omelette yesterday morning with some grated cheese, the rest I will finish off the pot this morning.

Lunch will be a small jacket spud with the half tin of beans from the fridge and possibly some grated cheese on top and a small side salad.

Then I don't eat again until around 8.45pm tonight as its quiz night and I get some supper in with the price of the quiz so no cooking this evening

This morning though as I have some apples in the fruit bowl I am going to make an apple and cinnamon cake for my cake tin,as I am usually filling up my DGS tins mine are rather empty

The book my DD ordered for me on Sunday, the Mary Berry Baking Bible arrived yesterday Amazon are amazingly quick with their delivery, and looking through it last night I have spotted some really nice recipes for cakes that will help me use up some of my stockpile of stuff in the cupboard.
    Several involving marmalade, which I have an unopened pot of . I have several pots of various flavours of jam and curds to use as well. Often I get these as Christmas presents which is lovely, but as I don't eat bread anymore I am sometimes at a loss to use them all up.I have been putting a desert spoon into a small dish of plain greek yogurt to make a sort of 'mueller corner ' desert and adding crushed biscuits or bran flakes for a bit of 'crunch ' and that seems to work OK.

Its a case of thinking outside the box sometimes to use bits up. I found a recipe on line that helps to use a small tin of sardines up along with a tin of potatoes, I see if I can find it and post it on here as it looks very easy to do and I know I have several tins of sardines and at least a couple of tins of potatoes in the cupboard ,bought in case of bad weather during the winter

My main shopping list stuff that I will go out for tomorrow is some fresh fruit and veg as I need some mushrooms a pepper or two and some green veg and oranges ,also some washing up liquid and some loo rolls. Hopefully I think around £20 odd should cover everything required for the rest of this month which as its Day 21 means I will have halved my normal spends this month, and next week will make a donation to the Trussell Trust.I shall carry on this way until at least east if not beyond until my food stores are down to a reasonable level and not the GNP of a small country

Onwards and upwards fellow frugallers and its great to see how many people are joining in

YorksLass your carrot mountain how about some carrot and coriander soup, or a carrot cake I love it when the carrots are on special offer in Aldis or Lidls and buy a couple of bags.In the soup I will dollop some lazy garlic or a bit of cumin as well to spice it up a bit.Cook some carrots and microwave your swede as it cuts down on cooking time mash together with butter and portion up for the freezer if you can't think of anything else Or shredded carrot in a box in the fridge to be used as a small side salad.

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 21st Mar 17, 8:39 AM
    • 15,604 Posts
    • 127,396 Thanks
    JackieO
    This is the recipe I found on the eat not spend website There are lots of recipes on there for larger families or for just one or two people
    This is a recipe for just one person using probably stuff we may all have indoors looking at the photo of it looks quite tasty could easily adapt it for two people by just using up all the tinned stuff
    I tried to copy and paste the photo but for some reason I couldn't do it .Great site for really useful recipes

Fish Cakes with Mini Chips and Mint Peas

Ingredients for the fish cakes

1/3 of tin of sardine, wipe the tomato sauce off
    1 crust of the loaf grated for fresh bread crumbs
    1/2 tin of potatoes mashed
    Salt and Pepper
    Squeeze of lemon juice
    Glug of cooking oil

Ingredients for the mini Roasties

1/2 tin of potatoes
    1 tablespoon of cooking oil

Ingredients for the minted peas

1/2 tin of peas
    Handful of mint
    Salt and pepper to season
    Method

Firstly preheat your oven to 180°C.

Then drain and mash half the potatoes and mix them with the 1/3 of tin of fish, lemon juice and seasoning.

Next add the bread crumbs and mix again then divide into 3 or 4 and roll into balls, squeeze them into patties and place on a plate in the fridge while you get on with the rest of the meal.

Mix the other half of the potatoes in a little oil and cook in the oven as mini roast potatoes. It’ll probably take 20-35 minutes.

While the potatoes are cooking heat up the peas in a saucepan with some finely chopped mint and salt and pepper. Squash them slightly and mix with a fork.

When your potatoes are halfway ready, put some oil in a shallow frying pan and careful heat up.

Cook the fish cake in the pan for a few minutes on either side until golden then carefully place them next to the roasting potatoes to finish cooking.

When everything is cooked, serve up with a wedge of lemon if you have it or the lemon juice if you don’t.

eatnotspend.wordpress.com/1-a-day-budget-day-2/
    • Ginmonster
    • By Ginmonster 21st Mar 17, 9:05 AM
    • 291 Posts
    • 3,048 Thanks
    Ginmonster
    I've decided to try a slow cooker home made baked beans recipe that was posted on a thread specifically about making your own baked beans. I didn't have enough dried cannellini beans so I've bunged in some dried pinto beans as well. I also subbed in a yellow pepper for the specified green one and some wholegrain mustard for the specified mustard powder. The key to using up your stores is definitely being flexible with recipes! Who knows how long ago I bought the dried beans but they've been there a looooong time as I've been too lazy to soak and boil them. They're in for 8-10 hours in the slow cooker today so we'll see how it all turns out (I did soak them overnight as well).
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 21st Mar 17, 9:26 AM
    • 4,894 Posts
    • 70,529 Thanks
    VJsmum
    I have a veggie curry bubbling away on the stove

Yesterday i saw that i had a lot of "scraggy" bits of veg floating about - courgette, pepper, leek, sweet potato, half a butternut squash, and so forth. I bought some celery and carrots and I will add a tin of tomatoes, chick peas and coconut milk. I reckon i will get around 7 - 8 portions out of it.

I can't really get into my freezers to inventory them (I have two) but did notice rather a lot of chilli in there yesterday, so we will have that tomorrow. I have mine with avocado and kimchi as i am low carbing - OH will have the same. DS will have some rice and doritos.

On Sunday, as it's Mother's Day, we were going to go out for a curry but i have also noticed a lot of frozen bits of takeaway curry in there. So we will probably get all those out and have them. I have a lot of madras sauce as DS only takes the chicken out, so i freeze the leftover sauce and i will fry up a chicken breast and he can have some of that. That will probably save around £70

I am holding off from doing a 'big' shop as long as possible....
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

565Posts Today

4,351Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin