Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 16th Feb 17, 9:38 AM
    • 51,388Posts
    • 21,755Thanks
    grumbler
    "Travel Credit Cards" article - why "credit"?!
    • 16th Feb 17, 9:38 AM
    "Travel Credit Cards" article - why "credit"?! 16th Feb 17 at 9:38 AM
    Yes, why? To confuse people?
    Any chance Helen S or Johanna are from some foreign country where they call all cards "credit"?

The fact is that the article is about credit cards and debit cards.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
Page 1
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 21st Feb 17, 2:27 PM
    • 8,464 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 21st Feb 17, 2:27 PM
    • 21st Feb 17, 2:27 PM
    Hi grumbler, I've passed this on to Helen. She's working on tonight's weekly email at the moment but I'll ask if she can get back to you in the next day or so.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • MSE Helen Saxon
    • By MSE Helen Saxon 24th Feb 17, 10:38 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    MSE Helen Saxon
    • 24th Feb 17, 10:38 AM
    • 24th Feb 17, 10:38 AM
    Hi grumbler

Apologies for the delay in replying

The guide focuses on credit cards for the majority of it, so this is why we give the guide this title.

But if people do want to switch bank, or open an additional account, we give useful cards for that too, and this is made clear in the anchors at the top, where you can jump to the debit card section if you wish.

Helen
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 13th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 51,388 Posts
    • 21,755 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    Hi grumbler

Apologies for the delay in replying

The guide focuses on credit cards for the majority of it, so this is why we give the guide this title.
    Originally posted by MSE Helen Saxon
    Well, I disagree, although you don't have to convince me.

Many people don't use credit cards or can't get them. However, they travel abroad. They come to MSE, click "Travel & Motoring' in the blue bar above, then "Holidays & Flights" - and then they see "Travel Credit Cards Get one for one of the cheapest ways to spend abroad" and "Prepaid Travel Cards Lock in a top rate before you go ". One has to be a clairvoyant to know that information on debit cards is hidden in the 'Credit cards' article.

BTW, in the popup of the same "travel and motoring", the link to the very same same article is called "Top Travel Spending Cards", - that is correct and not misleading.
    Why is it if the "guide focuses on credit cards for the majority of it, so this is why you give the guide this title"?

But if people do want to switch bank, or open an additional account, we give useful cards for that too, and this is made clear in the anchors at the top, where you can jump to the debit card section if you wish.
    You lost me. What does this have to do with switching? I don't think that anyone would want to switch only for the sake of saving 3% on spending abroad.
    Last edited by grumbler; 13-03-2017 at 8:37 PM.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,830Posts Today

5,263Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin