Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Josmorgun
    • By Josmorgun 31st Dec 16, 9:37 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Josmorgun
    0 WOW
    Can I get a NYE refund due to illness?
    • 31st Dec 16, 9:37 AM
    0 WOW
    Can I get a NYE refund due to illness? 31st Dec 16 at 9:37 AM
    Advice please....We booked a UK holiday for a week to include New Year's weekend. I booked a New Year's Eve meal/party for my family of 6 in the hotel. It was expensive, about 100 each, but we thought we'd splurge this year. When I booked it was stated the tickets were non refundable, which was OK as we had every intention of going. However my husband, daughter and I have all been suffering with very heavy flu like coughs and colds. We are recovering but really cannot sit in a restaurant and enjoy a fancy meal feeling the way we do. Not really fair to other diners either. The hotel have agreed to serve us dinner in our room, but not the same NYE menu, and it's certainly not the same cost as what we paid. Can I legitimately ask for a refund...or at least refund half of what I paid? Does the fact they stated the tickets were non refundable have any relevance?
Page 1
    • ericsson68
    • By ericsson68 31st Dec 16, 12:54 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    ericsson68
    • 31st Dec 16, 12:54 PM
    • 31st Dec 16, 12:54 PM
    You can ask, nobody can stop you doing that. But you're not entitled to any refund so I would go at it politely whatever the response.
    • DomRavioli
    • By DomRavioli 31st Dec 16, 1:26 PM
    • 3,006 Posts
    • 5,131 Thanks
    DomRavioli
    • 31st Dec 16, 1:26 PM
    • 31st Dec 16, 1:26 PM
    Advice please....We booked a UK holiday for a week to include New Year's weekend. I booked a New Year's Eve meal/party for my family of 6 in the hotel. It was expensive, about 100 each, but we thought we'd splurge this year. When I booked it was stated the tickets were non refundable, which was OK as we had every intention of going. However my husband, daughter and I have all been suffering with very heavy flu like coughs and colds. We are recovering but really cannot sit in a restaurant and enjoy a fancy meal feeling the way we do. Not really fair to other diners either. The hotel have agreed to serve us dinner in our room, but not the same NYE menu, and it's certainly not the same cost as what we paid. Can I legitimately ask for a refund...or at least refund half of what I paid? Does the fact they stated the tickets were non refundable have any relevance?
    Originally posted by Josmorgun
    Yes, the fact they stated the tickets were non refundable is both relevant and your answer.

If they offer you anything that is goodwill, you should take it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,916Posts Today

5,322Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin