Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mr_ottermole
    • By mr_ottermole 22nd Nov 16, 9:23 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 1Thanks
    mr_ottermole
    Gb energy leaving issues and refund
    • 22nd Nov 16, 9:23 PM
    Gb energy leaving issues and refund 22nd Nov 16 at 9:23 PM
    Hello

I'm looking for advice on switching suppliers and getting a final bill and refund from gb energy.

I moved on 11 November but haven't had anything through from gb such as a final bill. I have worked out my last bill and I think they owe me 65 which is three months bills for me.

I've tried contacting gb through twitter and email and website with no response. Their phones are always busy.

Csn anyone advise how long I have to wait and what to do if I don't get a reply. I need the money so I can pay my new supplier. If I dont get this money back I may be forced to take a loan to cover the winter use and I am worried about being in debt to the new supplier as well

I had no issues with n power so why can't I get my money back from gb energy

Advice welcome thanks
Page 2
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 20th Mar 17, 5:21 PM
    • 2,779 Posts
    • 1,527 Thanks
    matelodave
    My refund came through automatically about four weeks after I'd switched, without asking
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    • Haley P
    • By Haley P 3rd Apr 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Haley P
    Hello. It's my first time on here so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. At the moment I'm current £156 in credit with my gas/electric from GB Energy. I have asked for a full refund (as a clean slate). They're 'advising' me to keep £140 in case my bills are over the estimated amount. Surely I'm allowed to have MY money bank. They'll be earning interest on my money. Can anybody help me?
    Also the phone is always engaged. Correspondence has taken place via e-mail.Thanks.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 3rd Apr 17, 8:38 PM
    • 3,069 Posts
    • 1,169 Thanks
    footyguy
    Hello. It's my first time on here so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. At the moment I'm current £156 in credit with my gas/electric from GB Energy. I have asked for a full refund (as a clean slate). They're 'advising' me to keep £140 in case my bills are over the estimated amount. Surely I'm allowed to have MY money bank. They'll be earning interest on my money. Can anybody help me?
    Also the phone is always engaged. Correspondence has taken place via e-mail.Thanks.
    Originally posted by Haley P
    Give your supplier an actual, up to date meter reading, then they can work out what the proper account balance should be

More info here:
    www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits

If they (and you) genuinely believe you will use £140 more energy than you anticipate, I suggest you hit the comparison sites with that revised consumption level, as the best supplier/tariff will probably be different.
    Last edited by footyguy; 03-04-2017 at 8:43 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

1,230Users online

Martin's Twitter