Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 27th Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 56Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Boston Duvet & Pillow Company
    • 27th Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    0 WOW
    Boston Duvet & Pillow Company 27th Sep 16 at 4:14 PM
    Hey forumites

We've blagged a deal at the Boston Duvet & Pillow Company, that gets you an extra 25% off already discounted posh bedding. Check out the deal here - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/boston-duvet-and-pillow-company#boston25

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Last edited by MSE Sarah; 27-09-2016 at 4:25 PM.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 3
    • wilddominatrix
    • By wilddominatrix 10th Jan 17, 11:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    wilddominatrix
    VAT added
    Went to order prices came up as on MSE site but then VAT was added at checkout didn't complete order
    • Teacher2
    • By Teacher2 11th Jan 17, 8:44 AM
    • 500 Posts
    • 2,530 Thanks
    Teacher2
    Not used them myself nor would I, all sounds a bit suss to me.
    1. the prices are way to low to be quality bedding. If its too good to be true then it probably is!
    2. why are they removing the labels? which begs the question are they genuine products!
    Originally posted by Dolliver

You would think the Boston Company's offers were 'too good to be true'. However, due to the extreme cheapness of the last offer coupled with the extra discount secured by the MMF website I gave the last one a go. What had I to lose at that price? I ordered two feather pillows and a double duvet delivered for £20 and they were, indeed, of the highest quality. I was extremely impressed and have just ordered another double duvet on the latest offer code.
    • Ness26
    • By Ness26 11th Jan 17, 9:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ness26
    Got Foggerty quilt and Debenhams pillows at pocket change prices. Brilliant quality and brilliant deals.
    • Mewend
    • By Mewend 11th Jan 17, 9:43 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mewend
    MSE code
    Just ordered a quilt and pullows,man made material as I wouldn't order feathers if made in China for obvious reasons .
    Went to checkout put in MSE code didn't work !!
    • Mewend
    • By Mewend 11th Jan 17, 9:46 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mewend
    MSE code wasn't taken off balance at checkout
    • nickyhedge
    • By nickyhedge 11th Jan 17, 10:19 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nickyhedge
    Single Duvet
    Jut had a look at the site and found they now only have Super King Size duvets on offer.
    • sazzaa
    • By sazzaa 11th Jan 17, 10:57 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sazzaa
    How do I know that the feathers and down used is not plucked from live birds? This seems to be common practice and I don't think I could sleep easy under that cruelty. Only two well known brands ensure that products used are by products of food preparation (i.e. Animals already slaughtered). Are you the third?
    Originally posted by Ruth shane

I emailed and got this response:

We have an ethical policy that governs its trading relationships with suppliers.

All duck and goose feather and down used in Fogarty product is produced as a by-product of the food industry. Fogarty does not buy direct from farms or abattoirs but only from approved feather-processing suppliers where its purchasing conditions prohibit the supply of live plucked material.

The company’s main sources of feather and down are from Asia where live plucking is not generally practised and birds are killed before processing. In Eastern Europe the practice of live plucking is more commonplace, however many farms are subject to TUV certification scheme which covers best practice for animal husbandry. Although Fogarty uses a small quantity of European down such raw materials are also obtained via its suppliers in Asia and are subject to its normal trading conditions. All Fogarty feather and down suppliers in Asia are also subject to routine ethical audits and ISO 9001 quality accreditation.
    • angharad
    • By angharad 11th Jan 17, 11:28 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    angharad
    It's FOGARTY bedding!!
    Not used them myself nor would I, all sounds a bit suss to me.
    1. the prices are way to low to be quality bedding. If its too good to be true then it probably is!
    2. why are they removing the labels? which begs the question are they genuine products!
    Originally posted by Dolliver
    I just ordered a king size duvet and 2 pillows, reduced outlet prices and on top got a 25% discount. Made up, excuse the pun!
    They've had 3000 orders this morning and it took 3 attempts to place the order, so busy are they. Good old MSE! Thank you.
    I don't think it's suss. Fogarty is a fabulous make.
    • Fatdad62
    • By Fatdad62 11th Jan 17, 1:32 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Fatdad62
    I have had issues with a previous order. The codes worked fine and I ordered a 13.5 Tog Duvet and a pair of pillows as a set.

The duvet turned up on its own, there was no sign of the pillows or any mention of them on the paperwork. Worse than this was that the duvet was very thin and did not even seem to be 10.0 Tog (albeit I am not a duvet expert, just have 35 years of experience in using them). After numerous emails it was agreed that they would send out 'enhanced' pillows due to the shortfall and packaging to allow me to send the duvet back for them to check the rating of it.

The pillows arrived and whilst not rubbish, I am glad I did not get the lower quality item. I also received a freepost envelope to send back the duvet.

I sent the duvet back two weeks before Xmas using the envelope provided and Boston are now claiming 'the item never arrived' back with them which is suspicious to me considering I had queried what they had sent me in the first place. Their response is that I should have obtained proof of postage even though the item was being sent freepost and perhaps they are correct.

However considering the time and emails and unrequired journey I had to make to post the item back to them I wish I had never read the MSE email which mentioned this offer. I would suggest all readers should act with caution when dealing with this company.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 11th Jan 17, 2:12 PM
    • 12,581 Posts
    • 40,022 Thanks
    sarah1972

the duvet was very thin and did not even seem to be 10.0 Tog (albeit I am not a duvet expert,

A 10.00 tog duvet will be very thin, thats a spring/autumn tog perfect for a bedroom with heating on.

I sent the duvet back two weeks before Xmas using the envelope provided and Boston are now claiming 'the item never arrived' back with them which is suspicious to me considering I had queried what they had sent me in the first place. Their response is that I should have obtained proof of postage even though the item was being sent freepost and perhaps they are correct.

Absolutely correct, how else can you prove you posted it unless you obtained proof of posting which should be obtained when returning any item
    Originally posted by Fatdad62
    I think they have done exactly what can be expected to be honest.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • jokent84
    • By jokent84 11th Jan 17, 2:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jokent84
    No worth the bother
    I bought these apparently luxury pillows. They were cheap yes but I only got them as they were recommended by MSE.

They are really rubbish...complete waste of money and would unfortunately not recommend these .
    • piglet25
    • By piglet25 11th Jan 17, 5:19 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 1,048 Thanks
    piglet25
    Code not working
    • blackcat50
    • By blackcat50 11th Jan 17, 5:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blackcat50
    Looked to be a great offer, but their geography is very poor!
    Checked with excluded areas for delivery, none of which applied to where I live - however, once order was being placed, it informed me that they don't deliver to 'Highlands & Islands'.
    I live in Aberdeen, which is NOT in the Highlands and Islands.
    Also, Post Office delivers to our door, six days a week, so wonder what this company's problem is?
    Last edited by blackcat50; 11-01-2017 at 5:49 PM.
    • Amandawallace
    • By Amandawallace 11th Jan 17, 6:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Amandawallace
    Unfortunately they don't deliver to Northern Ireland
    • Fatdad62
    • By Fatdad62 11th Jan 17, 9:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Fatdad62
    It was supposed to be a 13.5 Tog, not less than 10.....

Christmas crowds in post office, delivery box for parcels, pre paid postage envelope...was there really an option?

If they had not mucked the order up in the first place I may have accepted a poor item and been done with it....now I have paid over the odds for some pretty poor pillows.

Just saying to people be wary.
    Last edited by Fatdad62; 11-01-2017 at 9:16 PM. Reason: didnt complete before posting
    • Diana74
    • By Diana74 12th Jan 17, 2:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Diana74
    Have used this company twice and been extremely satisfied with both quality and service both times. Code worked well.
    • Techno
    • By Techno 13th Jan 17, 10:23 PM
    • 1,040 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    Techno
    Just received my king size, wool, mattress cover and duvet. The mattress cover is a fogarty and the duvet is M&S (marker pen used to erase names on both labels but could read them) Taken out of packaging and given a good shake and all looks to be very promising. Will put on bed tomorrow.
    If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
    • pinkgal
    • By pinkgal 19th Jan 17, 4:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pinkgal
    Not a good deal
    Just bought a 'super kingsize supersoft mattress protector' using your code, total £19.87. Really disappointed when it arrived with a 'Fogarty' label on. Your website claims that Boston supply 'posh bedding' to upmarket stores and that savings of up to 70% can be made. However I don't consider Fogarty to be an upmarket brand as it's sold in Debenhams, Dunelm and Asda. The protector feels like it's made from cheap material and is flimsy and scratchy. Today I saw the exact same product on the shelves in Dunelm with 20% off for just £17.99. Therefore I am £2 out of pocket by using your code. I would have been better off going to Dunelm. Feel like I've been totally misled. People, don't bother buying from Boston. Complete waste of money.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 19th Jan 17, 4:58 PM
    • 12,581 Posts
    • 40,022 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Just bought a 'super kingsize supersoft mattress protector' using your code, total £19.87. Really disappointed when it arrived with a 'Fogarty' label on. Your website claims that Boston supply 'posh bedding' to upmarket stores and that savings of up to 70% can be made. However I don't consider Fogarty to be an upmarket brand as it's sold in Debenhams, Dunelm and Asda. The protector feels like it's made from cheap material and is flimsy and scratchy. Today I saw the exact same product on the shelves in Dunelm with 20% off for just £17.99. Therefore I am £2 out of pocket by using your code. I would have been better off going to Dunelm. Feel like I've been totally misled. People, don't bother buying from Boston. Complete waste of money.
    Originally posted by pinkgal
    Did you not read this thread before ordering?

At least 4 posts on this thread mention Fogarty
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Logen
    • By Logen 19th Jan 17, 5:25 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Logen
    Checked with excluded areas for delivery, none of which applied to where I live - however, once order was being placed, it informed me that they don't deliver to 'Highlands & Islands'.
    I live in Aberdeen, which is NOT in the Highlands and Islands.
    Also, Post Office delivers to our door, six days a week, so wonder what this company's problem is?
    Originally posted by blackcat50
    Duvet delivered today to an Aberdeen address. The address was accepted by the Boston website with no issues.
    I had expected a duvet with a microfibre cover and was pleasantly surprised that it had a polycotton cover. Interestingly, in light of comments in this thread about other retailers labels on their products, the duvet I received had a Boston label attached.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

409Posts Today

5,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin