Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 27th Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    • 81Posts
    • 52Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Boston Duvet & Pillow Company
    • 27th Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    0 WOW
    Boston Duvet & Pillow Company 27th Sep 16 at 4:14 PM
    Hey forumites

We've blagged a deal at the Boston Duvet & Pillow Company, that gets you an extra 25% off already discounted posh bedding. Check out the deal here - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/boston-duvet-and-pillow-company#boston25

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Last edited by MSE Sarah; 27-09-2016 at 4:25 PM.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 2
    • Jules1508
    • By Jules1508 30th Sep 16, 12:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Jules1508
    Really good
    Just received my order and thrilled. My pillows are dorma and my duvet ulis Fogarty. Nothing wrong with them. I'm off to order more pillows before the deal ends.
    Thanks for your help.
    Much appreciated.

Jules
    • Dolliver
    • By Dolliver 30th Sep 16, 4:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Dolliver
    Both Boston and Fogarty come under the same address!? which begs the question are Fogarty using the name Boston to sell Fogartys seconds?
    I am from another planet but its ok they know me there
    • Yayay
    • By Yayay 3rd Oct 16, 8:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Yayay
    Boston Duvet Offer
    What a bargain! I bought the 10.5tog duvet and two standard pillows for £14.61 (£2.99 delivery included) and I'm really pleased with the quality. Ordered last Tuesday and arrived today, had an email telling me they would be delivered between 2.50pm and 3.50pm with the option of a text alert when they were about to deliver. Can't fault the goods or service, very happy customer

MSE Sarah[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Yayay; 03-10-2016 at 8:16 PM.
    • finetune9
    • By finetune9 3rd Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    finetune9
    bedding deals
    Interestingly the 10.5 tog double duvet was £10.50 pre discount code ....now the offer has ended the standard price shown is £9.00 so not so much of a saving. I have seen countless times that 'special deals' links take you to pages set up showing only certain deals and the items do not show on the sellers normal website. Once the offer period is over the items appear on the main website showing a price little different to the 'sale' price. I wonder if this is happening here?
    • teamgb
    • By teamgb 3rd Oct 16, 10:02 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    teamgb
    I believe that £9.00 is the price of the single duvet. They have sold all the available doubles.
    • Chuckypie
    • By Chuckypie 4th Oct 16, 2:56 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Chuckypie
    Bad quality
    Duck duvet and pillows have arrived, duvet is dirty, stinks and has made in China label. Pillows are thin and flimsy. I am not happy! Have emailed them.
    • vandanfc
    • By vandanfc 6th Oct 16, 10:09 AM
    • 1,794 Posts
    • 4,763 Thanks
    vandanfc
    Still not received my order after ordering on 28th September.
    • YellowVurt
    • By YellowVurt 6th Oct 16, 12:32 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    YellowVurt
    Ordered various pillows and duvets on the 28th Sept, arrived yesterday.

Everything in their own sealed plastic packaging and all clean, good quality. Very pleased.

Had both an email and text yesteday morning to confirm the delivery by UK Mail.
    • Jonathan157
    • By Jonathan157 15th Nov 16, 8:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jonathan157
    Dodgy
    I bought from Boston Duvet (Fogarty) last offer.

They lost the first shipment, sent a replacement shipment, which was incorrect.
    I gave up and just accepted what they felt like sending me.

I will not use them again, up to you
    • vandanfc
    • By vandanfc 15th Nov 16, 10:47 PM
    • 1,794 Posts
    • 4,763 Thanks
    vandanfc
    Still not received my order after ordering on 28th September.
    Originally posted by vandanfc
    My order did eventually turn up. Everything was sealed and brand new, branded Fogarty, so happy in the end.
    • AngeP
    • By AngeP 16th Nov 16, 6:04 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AngeP
    I used the code in September to buy a new mattress topper. I was impressed with the service and quality of the product. I'm going to use the latest code to buy a pair of feather pillows. Good find MSE this is a site I will go back to whenever there's a code. With the latest code for my pillows in effect it's free delivery. Happy customer
    • Ruth shane
    • By Ruth shane 16th Nov 16, 9:32 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ruth shane
    How do I know that the feathers and down used is not plucked from live birds? This seems to be common practice and I don't think I could sleep easy under that cruelty. Only two well known brands ensure that products used are by products of food preparation (i.e. Animals already slaughtered). Are you the third?
    • ANGLICANPAT
    • By ANGLICANPAT 16th Nov 16, 10:13 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    ANGLICANPAT
    Can you really stomach one? If you're not aware how quilt 'down' and feathers are collected, you'd probably be horrified to learn the full answer. Artifical fillings may not be quite as good, but what price compassion?

Definitely worth a quick viewing rather than buying , hearing from someone else later, and then feeling uncomfortable about it every time you go to bed. As other posters have said, theirs have been marked made in China. The cheaper the product, the more likely its going to be from China or other places that have this cruel quick way of getting the down they want.
    http://action.peta.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=5&ea.campaign.id=50952
    • Katarina_MM
    • By Katarina_MM 16th Nov 16, 11:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Katarina_MM
    I bought a duvet & 2 pillows on the Saturday and they were delivered that Tuesday. They are GREAT quality, well packaged. The labels had not been removed and the discount code worked for me. Very happy girl - thanks MSE!
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 16th Nov 16, 12:25 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    ripplyuk
    Can you really stomach one? If you're not aware how quilt 'down' and feathers are collected, you'd probably be horrified to learn the full answer. Artifical fillings may not be quite as good, but what price compassion?

Definitely worth a quick viewing rather than buying , hearing from someone else later, and then feeling uncomfortable about it every time you go to bed. As other posters have said, theirs have been marked made in China. The cheaper the product, the more likely its going to be from China or other places that have this cruel quick way of getting the down they want.
    http://action.peta.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=5&ea.campaign.id=50952
    Originally posted by ANGLICANPAT
    Gosh, that's awful. I couldn't even bear to watch the video.

No feather or down will be coming into this house. I'm not sure which suppliers can be trusted and it seems easier to just avoid it.
    • HipHopLil
    • By HipHopLil 16th Nov 16, 4:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    HipHopLil
    Boston Duvet and Pillow Company
    Just tried to order a pillow and pay via PayPal. Was not directed to PayPal.
    • matt38
    • By matt38 17th Nov 16, 8:15 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    matt38
    Impressed!
    I ordered the 13.5 tog 'eco' duvet (two duvets - 4.5 + 9 tog) for the bargain price of £15.73 including P&P. Ordered at 1.25am on Wednesday 16th November, delivered by UK Mail next day, lunchtime today, 17th. Can't fault the service!

No problems copy/pasting the discount code or paying via PayPal.

The duvets were packaged in plain plastic wrapping and have no tags but there was a sheet of paper with wash instructions.

The duvets are light and fluffy and the thicker one in particular feels very cosy. They are well made with a lovely soft cotton cover. They have large poppers in the corners to join them up for winter.

I haven't used an 'eco' duvet before but for that price I wanted to give them a try and so far it's a thumbs up from me.

Thanks MSE!
    Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light...
    • loopy_lass
    • By loopy_lass 17th Nov 16, 9:08 PM
    • 1,526 Posts
    • 553 Thanks
    loopy_lass
    ive just ordered so ill keep you informed, more good comments than bad so we will see. had no probs re code etc
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN...
    • ANGLICANPAT
    • By ANGLICANPAT 18th Nov 16, 1:05 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    ANGLICANPAT
    Gosh, that's awful. I couldn't even bear to watch the video.

No feather or down will be coming into this house. I'm not sure which suppliers can be trusted and it seems easier to just avoid it.
    Originally posted by ripplyuk
    So nice to know that there are still some people who care enough to want to avoid supporting animal suffering .Nice one ripplyuk.
    • WaxiesDargle
    • By WaxiesDargle 22nd Nov 16, 5:11 PM
    • 1,035 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    WaxiesDargle
    Uk Mail

I ordered 2 x double and 1x single duvets. Received an email from uk-mail to say they will arrive on 21 November between 16.15 and 17.15....they didn't arrive

Sent a message to uk mail on their customer services page asking where the package was but receive a bog standard reply stating I have to rearrange delivery date with no explanation why it hadn't been delivered on due date and time

Rang them up and it is an automated reply asking for consignment number...after which the automated reply came that it is due today (22nd) still nothing yet at 17.10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

277Posts Today

1,635Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin