Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 613Posts
    • 374Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 1
    • firsttimemover
    • By firsttimemover 28th Sep 16, 7:14 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    firsttimemover
    • 28th Sep 16, 7:14 AM
    • 28th Sep 16, 7:14 AM
    Anyone? I'm on the brink of signing with these guys as as a low user, the low standing charge makes them a fair bit cheaper than any others. There are a handful of not so great reviews on another site, but we all know people are more likely to leave bad than good reviews! Anyone got any success stories?
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 28th Sep 16, 10:50 AM
    • 6,387 Posts
    • 5,158 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    • 28th Sep 16, 10:50 AM
    • 28th Sep 16, 10:50 AM
    I've been with them since the end of July for my electricity. No problems with the switchover or since. Regular emails from them asking for readings or telling me DD payments are being taken. Website is straightforward as is giving readings.

The one bill I've had and the online bill/payment history is typical bill speak which probably makes sense if you speak bill language.

I'm happy I moved. Currently no complaints about them.
    Last edited by Norman Castle; 28-09-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.
    • PKPK
    • By PKPK 3rd Nov 16, 12:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PKPK
    • 3rd Nov 16, 12:47 PM
    Iresa LTD
    • 3rd Nov 16, 12:47 PM
    Hi firsttimemover,

Did you change your current energy supplier to Iresa LTD? I ask as I am also wanting to do the same for my elderly parents. If so are you happy with Iresa. Their customer service etc. Please let me know as I would like to know your experience with same company before I make that switch for my parents.
    • PKPK
    • By PKPK 3rd Nov 16, 1:05 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PKPK
    • 3rd Nov 16, 1:05 PM
    • 3rd Nov 16, 1:05 PM
    Hi,

I'm not sure whether I am doing this correctly but can anyone advice if they have had any experience with Iresa Ltd a new enegy provider. I ask I ask as I am also wanting to do the same for my elderly parents. If so are you happy with Iresa, their customer service etc. Please let me know as I would like to know your experience with same company before I make that switch for my parents for .
    • molerat
    • By molerat 3rd Nov 16, 4:25 PM
    • 17,469 Posts
    • 11,694 Thanks
    molerat
    • 3rd Nov 16, 4:25 PM
    • 3rd Nov 16, 4:25 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5454979

Reports generally don't seem too good. Maybe another ExtraEnergy in the making, started off OK but once they got a reasonable number of customers they did not have the infrastructure to cope ?
    Last edited by molerat; 03-11-2016 at 4:28 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • PKPK
    • By PKPK 5th Nov 16, 2:22 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PKPK
    • 5th Nov 16, 2:22 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 2:22 PM
    Thank you for your feedback. Having looked at the polls as well, I guess I won't be switching my parents dual energy with Iresa Limited. However, I recently changed my dual energy from First Utility to Avro Energy as it gave the best savings at the time unfortunately, that only had 50% great from the polls.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 5th Nov 16, 3:08 PM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 5th Nov 16, 3:08 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 3:08 PM
    PKPK, I switched to Iresa last night, decided after a lot of pondering and reading of the reviews etc to give it a go as for me they are the cheapest. I`m keeping my fingers crossed and being positive its going to be a good choice.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 5th Nov 16, 3:44 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 1,491 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    • 5th Nov 16, 3:44 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 3:44 PM
    I signed up with them on 22nd October. Cooling Off period just expired and been given the log on details for the account. Direct Debit already set up and 1st payment to be taken next week. No problems so far!
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • firsttimemover
    • By firsttimemover 5th Nov 16, 3:52 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    firsttimemover
    Hi firsttimemover,

Did you change your current energy supplier to Iresa LTD? I ask as I am also wanting to do the same for my elderly parents. If so are you happy with Iresa. Their customer service etc. Please let me know as I would like to know your experience with same company before I make that switch for my parents.
    Originally posted by PKPK
    Yes, I decided to go for it, for me the savings were worth it, coupled with the fact there is no exit fee on their 1 year fix and interest paid on credit and seems to have gone very smoothly. I officially "switched" and gave my first meter readings yesterday, correspondence has been good, online account and direct debit set up correctly, and they were really nice when I phoned up to query if they would accept an economy 7 meter on standard rates, so really can't fault them so far.

I'll report back once I've had my final bill from E.on and first bill from Iresa for those that are interested.
    • PKPK
    • By PKPK 7th Nov 16, 12:43 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PKPK
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for your quick responses from the people who changed their energy supplier to Iresa LTD. I feel more positive now for my parents to switch to the same company. I also did a quick search from the uSwitch site and behold Iresa LTD came up with best savings even though uSwitch do not help with the switching to this company themselves. So, I will consider from your experiences that it's 1 year fixed plan and there is no exit fee.
    Again, thank you.PKPK
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 7th Nov 16, 6:46 PM
    • 4,635 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for your quick responses from the people who changed their energy supplier to Iresa LTD. I feel more positive now for my parents to switch to the same company. I also did a quick search from the uSwitch site and behold Iresa LTD came up with best savings even though uSwitch do not help with the switching to this company themselves. So, I will consider from your experiences that it's 1 year fixed plan and there is no exit fee.
    Again, thank you.PKPK
    Originally posted by PKPK
    Their market-leading dual-fuel deal appears to have been withdrawn earlier today.

We currently don't have the desired tariff. Please contact our Sales team
    Contact us : http://www.iresa.co.uk/how-to-contact-us/
    Phone number: 01157270982
    Last edited by Hengus; 07-11-2016 at 6:53 PM.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Nov 16, 11:50 AM
    • 4,635 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    Hengus
    Just checked. Their latest fixed deal (for me) would equate to a 6% increase and still no exit fees.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 10th Nov 16, 12:49 PM
    • 17,469 Posts
    • 11,694 Thanks
    molerat
    A bit naughty on their quote prices. The unit & sc prices do not include VAT but the annual cost does.

Not quoting for electric only at the moment though.
    Last edited by molerat; 10-11-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Nov 16, 12:55 PM
    • 4,635 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    Hengus
    What is clear here is that the market is in some turmoil at the moment. The latest collective quote that I have at the moment (with EDF) equates to a 15% increase. I just wonder whether suppliers are just trying to see how far they can increase prices following the CMA report and BREXIT.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 22nd Nov 16, 7:34 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 1,491 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    For those that have already switched to Iresa, how long after receiving the "Welcome to Iresa" email did they get round to asking for a meter reading for the switch to take place?

I signed up with them on 22nd October, but am still waiting for them to ask for meter readings.

I have contacted them to ask, but not received a reply. Hoping this is not a sign that I should not have bothered signing up with them
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 22nd Nov 16, 8:09 PM
    • 4,635 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    Hengus
    For those that have already switched to Iresa, how long after receiving the "Welcome to Iresa" email did they get round to asking for a meter reading for the switch to take place?

I signed up with them on 22nd October, but am still waiting for them to ask for meter readings.

I have contacted them to ask, but not received a reply. Hoping this is not a sign that I should not have bothered signing up with them
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    Their site states that they do nothing for the first 14 days and then the transfer should be 16 days later. I would have thought about now.
    • firsttimemover
    • By firsttimemover 23rd Nov 16, 1:16 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    firsttimemover
    Yes, that's correct, I initiated the transfer on 5th October, transfer process began on 19th October (and direct debit was set up and went out a few days later) then was asked to take my meter readings on my "go live" date which was 3rd November, so roughly a month after I applied to them.

The only thing I am now waiting for is my final bill from Eon. My second direct debit has just gone out with Iresa, but my one with Eon is still set up and going out as normal as they tell you to keep it set up until the credit is transferred back. I spoke with Eon yesterday and they haven't received the meter readings I gave to Iresa yet, but apparently these take around 3 weeks to receive these days, so should be any day. I tried to call Iresa to see if they had sent them over yet but was 16th in the queue and 15 minutes later was still 11th, so customer service isn't seeming quite as good as my first impressions. It was lunchtime, though so I might try again this afternoon.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching from E.ON
    Yes, that's correct, I initiated the transfer on 5th October, transfer process began on 19th October (and direct debit was set up and went out a few days later) then was asked to take my meter readings on my "go live" date which was 3rd November, so roughly a month after I applied to them.

The only thing I am now waiting for is my final bill from Eon. My second direct debit has just gone out with Iresa, but my one with Eon is still set up and going out as normal as they tell you to keep it set up until the credit is transferred back. I spoke with Eon yesterday and they haven't received the meter readings I gave to Iresa yet, but apparently these take around 3 weeks to receive these days, so should be any day. I tried to call Iresa to see if they had sent them over yet but was 16th in the queue and 15 minutes later was still 11th, so customer service isn't seeming quite as good as my first impressions. It was lunchtime, though so I might try again this afternoon.
    Originally posted by firsttimemover
    Hello firsttimemover and sorry to lose you. Thought it might help if I give you a bit of information about what happens with a change of supplier.

It's important we close our account to the same readings used by your new supplier to start their account. This makes sure the same energy is only charged once. It's the responsibility of the new supplier to send us these readings. Before reaching us, the readings go through a third party who checks they're in line with past usage for the property. Sometimes a change is made and both suppliers need to use the same reading. Guessing but it could be we're waiting for the third party to forward on the readings. Also, the electricity and gas readings go to different third parties so can come through separately.

Once we receive the verified readings, we'll close our account and issue your final bill. If the Direct Debit's still open, we'll refund any credit balance directly to your bank. If not, we'll send a cheque but this takes a bit longer.

Switches usually go through in about two and half weeks provided both suppliers have signed up to faster switching. We have but I don't know about your new supplier. If they haven't, the switch can take between 4-6 weeks.

Are we still taking a monthly payment? Under faster switching, this usually stops fairly quickly into the changeover. It's longer when not transferring under the faster route.

Hope this is useful firsttimemover.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 23rd Nov 16, 5:50 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 1,491 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer

Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    I knew it should be around 16 days after the Welcome email, but had still not heard anything. Fortunately, with chasing them up for a date, they have now told me 1st December for providing readings and it is also the actual switch date. They have now also contacted e.on, our current provider; so at last things seem to be happening.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,700Posts Today

7,599Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin