Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,688Posts
    • 70,487Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8th April 2011, 1st baby boy born 26th September 2012 , Poppy born 8th November 2015
Page 2
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 14th Apr 16, 11:38 AM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    newthrift
    Why do AF & Preg symptoms have to be so similar
    Really can't decide if AF is going to show her annoyin face or I'm going to finally get a BFP.
    Baby dust to everyone xx
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year
    Baby Newthrift due June 2017
    • newcook
    • By newcook 14th Apr 16, 12:42 PM
    • 4,894 Posts
    • 8,260 Thanks
    newcook
    afternoon all! lovely shiny new thread - thanks sexymouse!!!

pretty sure I OV'd over the weekend so time to sit and wait for 2 weeks trying not to think about it!

went for dinner a friends house last night who is 25 weeks pregnant - made me more broody than I thought possible!
    we were also talking about a mutual friend who is 48 and 27 weeks pregnant so thats given me a little bit more hope that I'm not getting too old to conceive lol!
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 14th Apr 16, 5:00 PM
    • 5,688 Posts
    • 70,487 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Well the witch well and truly got me overnight. Luckily I had anticipated it, but since losing Poppy my cycles have got shorter and shorter. I thought that they were stabilising as the last two had been 27 days, but this cycle was 24! I guess I'm back to the not knowing when I'm due on again and when to test for a BFP.

Sorry for anyone else who AF is visiting.

I think I've caught everyone for the user list now - I'm thanking as I go along so that I know if I've put your info in.

I've put myself as TTC #3 as I count Poppy as #2. I've put a rainbow for this one as that is hopefully what they'll be. If anyone else would like me to add a rainbow for them, I'm more than happy to?

I hope you don't mind Mancmama, but I've added a rainbow for you too. Did you want me to keep you as TTC #1 or would you like me to change it to #2? I hope you don't mind me asking and if you'd prefer me to, I'll remove the rainbow if you would rather not have it on there. xx
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8th April 2011, 1st baby boy born 26th September 2012 , Poppy born 8th November 2015
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 14th Apr 16, 5:02 PM
    • 5,688 Posts
    • 70,487 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD20 angel11 - 5DPO
    CD19 Rachylou1981 - 6DPO
    CD18 Tinks05 - 7DPO
    CD36 cats2012 - 9DPO
    CD25 Keekee - 9DPO
    CD27 Milliebob - 12DPO
    CD35 newthrift - 17DPO
    CD31 pinkmagpie - 18DPO

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD12 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov
    CD15 newcook - Awaiting ov
    CD15 MancMama4 - Awaiting ov
    CD15 Meepmeep - Awaiting ov
    CD21 Apple1985 - Awaiting ov
    CD22 pink petal - Awaiting ov
    CD29 the_insider - Awaiting ov
    CD31 Jojo_fry - Awaiting ov
    CD79 clarabell19894 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD1 sexymouse - Awaiting ov
    CD2 big5 - Awaiting ov
    CD4 little angel - Awaiting ov
    CD5 Alex_88 - Awaiting ov
    CD5 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD5 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov

Those we haven't heard from in a while

chocolatelover93

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 14th Apr 16, 5:14 PM
    • 1,123 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    cats2012
    I love the Rainbows mouse they are such a lovely idea. I don't know if you meant them to be though but on my phone they are huge and distort the list quite a bit.

Not that I mind I just thought I'd let you know :-)

So sorry AF has arrived :-(
    Last edited by cats2012; 14-04-2016 at 5:18 PM.
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby due March 2017
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 14th Apr 16, 5:29 PM
    • 5,688 Posts
    • 70,487 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Oh I'm sorry cats - I've not looked at them on my phone - I know that pictures can do sometimes. I'll see if I can find a smaller one somewhere and redo them. I'll check them out on my phone to see when I've edited. Thanks for letting me know.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 14-04-2016 at 5:47 PM.
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 14th Apr 16, 5:40 PM
    • 5,688 Posts
    • 70,487 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Do these ones work better cats? Which is nicer? The blue background or the small full rainbows?
    Last edited by sexymouse; 14-04-2016 at 5:47 PM.
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 14th Apr 16, 6:20 PM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    newthrift
    Sorry AF had arrived mouse with regards to the rainbows yes both are now smaller and both look lovely xx
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 14th Apr 16, 6:27 PM
    • 1,123 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    cats2012
    Both are lovely and I think honestly either is fine.

Really didn't mind the big ones though just to clarify...!!
    • Apple1985
    • By Apple1985 14th Apr 16, 6:53 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Apple1985
    New thrift...I know what you mean. I convinced myself last month and I was pregnant by analysing symptoms and I wasn't X
    • angel11
    • By angel11 14th Apr 16, 6:59 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 453 Thanks
    angel11
    Sorry the witch got you mouse

Ladies, I hope you don't mind me asking, do you get PMS? What symptoms do you have? How long does it last? I think mine is starting this evening, a week before AF is due. My moods are really badly effected - I seem to either be in floods of tears, or biting the head off anyone who has the misfortune to be near me. Since the start of the year it seems to be getting worse, starting earlier in my cycle & lasting longer. I had thought about chatting to GP about it, but I don't want to seem like I'm wasting their time.
    Last edited by angel11; 14-04-2016 at 7:24 PM.
    • midget_1907
    • By midget_1907 14th Apr 16, 8:04 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    midget_1907
    Sorry AF got you mouse

angel so glad I'm not the only one struggling after coming of the pill. As for the PMT I get that a lot but think it is my hormones not being settled

Good luck to all those in the 2ww.

As for me still bleeding heavily on day 5 stupid witch!
    • big5
    • By big5 14th Apr 16, 8:28 PM
    • 349 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    big5
    Sorry AF has shown up early for you too mouse.

The rainbow icons are cute. I read an interesting blog piece a while ago about the use of the term 'rainbow baby' and why some people like/don't like it. Will try to find the link if anyone's interested.
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 14th Apr 16, 9:51 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    MancMama4
    I love the rainbows thank you mouse. I'll stay as TTC #1 please Xx
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 15th Apr 16, 5:41 AM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    newthrift
    AF due however currently not here. I have got a BFN first wee this morning (been holding it in until DH went to work as want to be able to surprise him when he comes home). However I feel very similar to how I did in December when I got a BFP, although it took me until the 2nd day of missed AF to get a positive.
    Last time I pee'd on the stick whilst DH was getting ready for work so we found out together which was really nice but I've seen a lovely way to tell him this time, especially since we lost the previous pregnancy.
    Angel I struggle more with PMS since I came off the pill last year. I can start anywhere from a week before AF is due. Usually get sensitive boobs all day everyday near enough the couple of days up to it, cramping which becomes more continuous for the day I'm due plus the first day then it eases and I basically always ache/soreness in the top of my legs.

Sorry that was a long post. Going to try and get another couple hours sleep
    • LisaLou1982
    • By LisaLou1982 15th Apr 16, 7:54 AM
    • 1,257 Posts
    • 1,453 Thanks
    LisaLou1982
    Hi ladies

Hope it's ok for me to post here. I've been reading the last TTC thread for a few weeks and thought it might be time to add my story!

I came off the pill in Jan 2016 and as yet still no AF! 106 days and counting!!! Has anyone else had this experience??

I was taking Cerazette for around 6 years which was a wonder for me, but side effects coming off it the first few weeks were awful and tbh it's made me seriously consider ever going back on it in the future.

OH and I are NTNP for #1 so no testing or anything has been done. I've got a doc app next week to see what the doc thinks. I've had a weird aching in my groin/hips/really low down for the last week which I don't know what that is! It's a first for me!! Heartburn has been horrific for the last 6 weeks and boobs are bigger and definitely a little sore! My back and hips are hurting more than usual but again not sure if that's just hormonal or a result of doing more driving that usual. My appetite has changed and I've gone off some foods but again maybe this is just hormonal too? Brushing my teeth makes me gag and I'm definitely not able to eat as much as I used to which I guess isn't a bad thing!! I just get full really quickly!! Not seen any weight drop off yet tho! Lol

I've found myself googling the symptoms of coming off the pill and like me, some ladies have had a terrible time but most seem to be at least having some spotting or bleeding by now?! I bought a couple of tests last week from boots but haven't plucked up the courage to take them as yet. I know I'll have to before my doc apt next week. Just a little scared of what it might say! Does that make sense? I don't want the disappointment of a BFN. I'm quite a control freak by nature so have deliberately stayed away from temping and checking as I think i would get myself far too stressed.

Edited to add we are currently staying at my mums due to our house sale not completing. If I am pg then it would be v difficult for me and OH to have some private time together to digest the info on our own and talk in private. It'd be a first GC for all of our family on both sides so excitement would run rife and I think we need the time to digest the info ourselves without having to share it too early Iykwim

Anyway sorry for the long post! Keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP for you all and if anyone has any words of wisdom for me I'd love to hear them!
    Last edited by LisaLou1982; 15-04-2016 at 8:15 AM.
    £2 Savers Club #156!
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016!
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 15th Apr 16, 8:20 AM
    • 1,123 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    cats2012
    Morning Lisa. I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom except you should definitely test at some point just to be sure!! There are plenty of stories of people catching very quickly.

So in the meantime just keep on your folic acid and not drinking etc just in case :-)
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 15th Apr 16, 8:57 AM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    newthrift
    lisa I echo what cats has said. If you do get a BFP maybe you could plan a night/couple nights away over the weekend together to try and get that bit of alone time to discuss it. Just keep up with your folic acid and maybe eat/drink as if you are pregnant xx
    • angel11
    • By angel11 15th Apr 16, 9:25 AM
    • 405 Posts
    • 453 Thanks
    angel11
    Lisa I agree with the others, def test asap. You could've caught straight away, or it could be the hormones leaving your body. Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure unless you test.

Midget & New how long have you both been off the pill? I came off it 10 months ago. I'd really hoped the hormones would've settled down by now, but instead they just seem to be getting worse Midget poor you, AF can really be such a witch sometimes
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 15th Apr 16, 9:55 AM
    • 1,123 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    cats2012
    I've been off the pill almost a year now and still not settled. The thyroid meds have helped but not loads - don't think I've actually had 2 cycles of the same length!!

Drives me nuts, I'm never going back on it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,502Users online

Martin's Twitter