Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Fraser
    • By MSE Fraser 7th Sep 15, 3:46 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Fraser
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Robin Hood Energy
    • 7th Sep 15, 3:46 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Robin Hood Energy 7th Sep 15 at 3:46 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Robin Hood Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 4
    • Jander00
    • By Jander00 16th Feb 17, 1:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jander00
    Overall I would say thumbs down so far
    Overall people on the phone have tried to be helpful but to be honest they cannot seem to resolve anything!

I switched to Robin Hood in November - all fine. They then asked for opening meter readings. The website broke when I tried to enter these, so I emailed them in. They ignored these and then estimated some very wrong numbers. Now I cannot ever enter in meter readings online because the true ones are below their estimated ones and it just gets worse and worse each month.

I spoke to them on the phone and they said they never got the email (I got the auto response so this is plainly wrong). This was over a month ago and they still have not corrected the readings with the correct ones I supplied. I've spoken to them a second time when I had to supply updated meter readings and they said it would be resolved within the next week but nothing has changed and I really have no confidence in them at this point.

So basically they made a mistake at the start but now seem incapable of fixing it. So based on my experience, I can't recommend them. This has a flow on effect as well because we have to pay Eon for the period before they took over and this is up in the air as well.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 16th Feb 17, 1:47 PM
    • 3,556 Posts
    • 1,901 Thanks
    Hengus
    Overall people on the phone have tried to be helpful but to be honest they cannot seem to resolve anything!

I switched to Robin Hood in November - all fine. They then asked for opening meter readings. The website broke when I tried to enter these, so I emailed them in. They ignored these and then estimated some very wrong numbers. Now I cannot ever enter in meter readings online because the true ones are below their estimated ones and it just gets worse and worse each month.

I spoke to them on the phone and they said they never got the email (I got the auto response so this is plainly wrong). This was over a month ago and they still have not corrected the readings with the correct ones I supplied. I've spoken to them a second time when I had to supply updated meter readings and they said it would be resolved within the next week but nothing has changed and I really have no confidence in them at this point.

So basically they made a mistake at the start but now seem incapable of fixing it. So based on my experience, I can't recommend them. This has a flow on effect as well because we have to pay Eon for the period before they took over and this is up in the air as well.
    Originally posted by Jander00
    Hi - welcome to the forum. The important thing to check is that the opening readings on your new account agree with the closing readings on your old account. If they don't, they contact the gaining supplier.

All meter readings on switch go to a 3rd party for verification. Once verified, these are passed back to the two suppliers. If the closing/opening meter readings agree, then do not worry. You will not pay for the same energy twice. You will only pay for the standing charge until your meter reading passes the opening reading.

I had a similar situation last year when my gas meter reading was out by one hundred and twenty cubic metres. It took me 3 months to reach the opening reading.
    • Alecr
    • By Alecr 28th Feb 17, 2:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alecr
    Joined 8th February 2017 and as of 28th February I had heard nothing from them, so I decided to phone them.
    That was my first mistake as I had to wait over an hour on the phone for them to reply, the C/S lady was pleasant enough but kept saying that I had been sent numerous emails, anyhow I asked for details so I could at least log in online as you need an account number to do it.I then asked her to send the the emails again which she went off to find out how to do it, she came back to tell me the emails were on their way, they never arrived after 5 minutes and by this time I had registered online and spotted a mistake in the email address, which she did correct (simple typo ).
    An hour later I went online to submit meter readings that they required and guess what? The website flatly refused to take them, telling me to wait for it-------PHONE THEM , 35 minutes later I got through and the C/S lady entered them for me with no problem, I asked her for the correct format which she gave me and I said that is what I had done before, she did offer the excuse that their system was better and that they were very busy.
    Would I recommend them NO
    Would I go with them again NO
    Hope this review helps someone else in their thought process.
    N/B The emails mentioned had been put in my account section online and without an account number I could not register to see them.
    • warhead
    • By warhead 28th Feb 17, 10:16 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    warhead
    My experience with them has been positive.

I signed up with them on January 16th and received and instant response email welcoming me as a new customer and within ten minutes I had set up an online account and got a customer reference number.
    Two weeks later I received a request for opening meter readings and the transfer of supply took place one week later on the account start date in the first week in February. Just to be sure I rang customer services after 6pm the day I entered the readings online and had to wait just 8 minutes for my call to be answered and the readings confirmed.
    The direct debit was correctly taken on the due date and I am currently waiting to enter readings for the first month's energy bill which is due at the end of the first week in March.

So far so good
    Last edited by warhead; 28-02-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 3rd Mar 17, 4:38 PM
    • 275 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    sheff6107
    In month 3 and the bills seem to be a bit higher than I was used to (probably just because Jan and Feb have been colder than last year).

But thankfully can make payments online so I don't fall behind. GB Energy might have still been in business if they'd bothered to put the facility on their website. Bizarre that they only took telephone payments.
    • Neri
    • By Neri 9th Mar 17, 11:29 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Neri
    Not existent
    Tried their 0800 030 4567, is not recognised is a message, email option not working, site is down. I do not dare to proceed with switch, it looks dysfunctional. Can energy club state this clearly before they appear first on comparison electricity site.
    • warhead
    • By warhead 9th Mar 17, 12:33 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    warhead
    Update to my earlier post.

Entered first months readings on website, double checked by phoning in and received bill two days later - correct to the penny as compared with my own spreadsheet.

Staff are courteous, website works faster than Eon's website although it is more basic and so far I am well pleased with the switch as it will save me £350 compared with staying with Eon's fixed 1 year deal.

Robin Hood Energy get a thumbs up from me.
    • rogcal
    • By rogcal 13th Mar 17, 11:58 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    rogcal
    Only praise so far
    I missed my meter reading date which meant a bill based on an estimated reading was generated.

I rang RH, gave them the actual reading and within two minutes a new bill had been generated based on the actual reading which was spot on when compared with my own calculation.

Nothing but praise for RH.
    • kathygrif
    • By kathygrif 15th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kathygrif
    I joined them on 1st March and got a switch confirmation message, so far so good.
    Contacted them via their website form, after waiting a week with no reply I sent an email to their customer service and received an automated "message received" response, but 6days later still no answer.
    Not like I wanted anything difficult!
    I am just requesting a change to my contact email and a question as to why my agreed direct debit had not been taken.
    If I get zero response from something so simple I hate to think what will happen if I get a real problem!
    Still, not on a fixed term so can switc/leave anytime I want
    • kathygrif
    • By kathygrif 16th Mar 17, 7:16 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kathygrif
    Follow up to my post above.

Robin Hood did get back to me eventually and have sorted everything out.
    So all OK in the end. Just a little slow to action.
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 18th Mar 17, 11:58 AM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 933 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    RH do seem quite proactive on their facebook page, you shouldn't have to go via social media really, but needs must if you do have an issue!

my switch date from EDF is 22nd & RH emailed requesting a read a few days ago. the property has been unoccupied since purchased a few weeks ago & it's a new build, so i'm fully expecting 'computer says NO' when it goes through the reading verification process...we'll see
    • mfowlis
    • By mfowlis 20th Mar 17, 11:47 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mfowlis
    WARNING - Robin Hood Energy Large Price Hikes!!!! (27 April)
    Just completed switch to Robin Hood Energy today. Today I also get an email advising they are putting up their prices as of 22nd April 2017 !

This is for the Robin Hood Energy Evergreen E7 Tariff:

Standing charge stays at 21.99p per day

Day rate increased from 11.82p per kWh to 19.28p per kWh
    Night rate increased from 6.57p per kWh to 9.97p per kWh

As both of these are significant increases I wanted to let people know as the Energy club calculator still shows the current (old) tariff rates.

Also if you have an Economy 7 meter, Robin Hood Energy cannot put you on a single rate tariff only their Economy 7 ones !
    http://img35.exs.cx/img35/9710/micheal5kr.gif
    • npr1uk
    • By npr1uk 21st Mar 17, 9:36 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    npr1uk
    I've just witched my electricity only at the end of the British Gas Collective Switch. The letter doesn't show the percentage increase but it has gone up rom 11.29 p kWH to 15.40 and my projected spend has gone up from £715 to £957. Hopefully the details on the Energy Club calculator will be updated as it looks like its time to shop around again after a month.
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 21st Mar 17, 10:35 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    The Price Increase 22/04/17
    It isn't true that if you have a E7 Tariff with RHE you can't have a single rate tariff.

The price increase on Evergreen is high but there is a 12 month fixed Prime V8 available or Nottingham fixed V8 if you live in Nottingham.

Worth checking out those tariffs too
    • johndough
    • By johndough 21st Mar 17, 11:21 AM
    • 573 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    johndough
    Hi

Robin Hood energy, everything seems to be questionable.

The answers given are not substantive.

Really poor all round.

Now with a price hike of almost 50% they are now robbing the poor to pay the rich?

Ebico zero is their suggested alternative.

My problem is my calculation of my annual usage differs greatly.
    • Andypolack
    • By Andypolack 21st Mar 17, 1:33 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Andypolack
    Have been with Robin Hood for about 5 months and haven't had any problems that haven't been sorted quickly on the phone.

But with the impending price rise, I'm plumping for Iresa. We'll see how that goes...
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 21st Mar 17, 1:47 PM
    • 275 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    sheff6107
    I've been with them for 3 months. Time to switch again.

The market is a joke
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 21st Mar 17, 1:59 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 933 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    oh well, that didn't last long, took a gamble when requested switch 3 weeks ago & didn't go for a fixed rate, silly me! not due to switch until tomorrow, but even with our low use on electricity only, it's going to be increasing by 25% on the standard rate from 22.04.17.

off we go again...! IRESA look the cheapest at the moment, 12 month fix & no exit fees. not the best reviews, but other providers are all new names too, so worth taking a punt, probably!
    Last edited by AbbieCadabra; 21-03-2017 at 2:08 PM.
    • Smiley Dan
    • By Smiley Dan 21st Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    • 931 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    Smiley Dan
    Yep, same here. Fire up the browser tonight. Over 60% increase for us!

Next time Government promise us all "choice" maybe consider these shenanigans. I saved a couple of hundred quid in the first year I switched, since then it's like treading water. Combined with the yearly insurance phone call "oh we've magically found you a saving of £100 on the premium we sent you" phone call I'm getting decidedly tired of this brave new world of "choice".
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 21st Mar 17, 2:30 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 933 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    crikey, just read the feedback thread on here for IRESA & their facebook/twitter, don't think i'll bother with them! cheap, yes, but would appear almost impossible to contact & they don't reply to any communication. lots of complaints...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

1,230Users online

Martin's Twitter