Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    • 12,239Posts
    • 39,283Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread
    • 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread 18th Jun 15 at 10:49 AM
    Please use this thread to chat about the free cinema ticket offers and films.

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details.

This is a continuation of this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3766197
    Last edited by sarah1972; 19-06-2015 at 6:04 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 3
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 25th Jul 15, 9:45 AM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 3,511 Thanks
    Poochface
    Sky have sent out the survey early. Nothing to be concerned about.
    The screening is tonight as it states on your ticket.
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 25th Jul 15, 10:02 AM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 9,136 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    It's tonight. The emails have the wrong time on

The website (and if you click the ticket link on the email) have the correct times on
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 25th Jul 15, 6:51 PM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 9,136 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    Seems its all kicking off at Odeon Metro Centre tonight - they had no idea about the showing
    • titchylin
    • By titchylin 25th Jul 15, 11:11 PM
    • 1,355 Posts
    • 53,096 Thanks
    titchylin
    Metro wasnt on Sun showings
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 25th Jul 15, 11:15 PM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 9,136 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    How else did I have tickets then
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 25th Jul 15, 11:17 PM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 9,136 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    Hmmmmmmm

For SUN PERKS subscribers

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION

www.imdb.com/title/tt2381249

Certificate - 12A

Saturday 25th July

18:30 for 19:00

Basildon
    Birmingham
    Bluewater
    Cardiff
    Dublin - Parnell Centre
    Glasgow Braehead
    Ipswich
    Liverpool One
    Manchester Printworks
    Metrocentre Gateshead
    Milton Keynes Stadium
    Sheffield
    Southampton

http://perks.thesun.co.uk/public-perks/sun-screening-mission-impossible

With the IMF disbanded, and Ethan (Tom Cruise) out in the cold, the team now faces off against a network of highly skilled special agents, the Syndicate. These highly trained operatives are hellbent on creating a new world order through an escalating series of terrorist attacks. Ethan gathers his team and joins forces with disavowed British agent Ilsa Faust (Rebecca Ferguson), who may or may not be a member of this rogue nation, as the group faces their most impossible mission yet.
    Originally posted by quoia
    • titchylin
    • By titchylin 25th Jul 15, 11:21 PM
    • 1,355 Posts
    • 53,096 Thanks
    titchylin
    ooh thats naughty - wasnt on link I claimed mine from -
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 25th Jul 15, 11:26 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 3,511 Thanks
    Poochface
    It's been the same cinemas all along. Only the time altered.

ooh thats naughty - wasnt on link I claimed mine from -
    Originally posted by titchylin
    • quoia
    • By quoia 26th Jul 15, 12:26 AM
    • 13,311 Posts
    • 141,039 Thanks
    quoia
    Seems its all kicking off at Odeon Metro Centre tonight - they had no idea about the showing
    Originally posted by geordie_ben
    How else did I have tickets then
    Presume you weren't alone with your slip of paper and that there were a few others that had the same expectancy ?
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • jubileee
    • By jubileee 26th Jul 15, 7:54 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    jubileee
    There was no issue at all with the metro centre screening from what I saw.

There was a special table with a poster so you knew exactly where to hand flyer into and a red carpet outside the screen itself.

I've no idea why anyone would think the staff didn't know anything about it, they had clearly prepared?
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 26th Jul 15, 8:10 AM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 9,136 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    The person we spoke to had no idea about it and rang Sun, passed our details over and they're gonna send us free tickets. How odd!
    • jubileee
    • By jubileee 26th Jul 15, 9:08 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    jubileee
    The person we spoke to had no idea about it and rang Sun, passed our details over and they're gonna send us free tickets. How odd!
    Unless you were the first ones there and they quickly got prepared. We were there around 6.15 and were quite obviously expected then.

Did you not get to see it at all then? The build up was a bit long winded but thoroughly enjoyed the film
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 26th Jul 15, 9:17 AM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 9,136 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    We ended up having to pay to watch Self Less
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 26th Jul 15, 10:02 AM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 3,511 Thanks
    Poochface
    Very strange! I know people who went to this cinema and had no issues getting in whatsoever.
    Just because one member of staff doesn't know doesn't mean that the cinema isn't prepared. The person in the know is the projectionist and that's who staff/management should contact to check if a preview is showing.
    • hamster007
    • By hamster007 26th Jul 15, 10:17 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    hamster007
    People were still coming in at 7pm at the Metrocentre! A lot of people were going out to take seflies with the cardboard cut out with Tom Cruse for a free bottle of pop. So most of the staff would have know what was going on last night. Did the member of staff not ask their manager as both managers were kept coming into the screening.
    • samm043
    • By samm043 26th Jul 15, 10:28 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    samm043
    Good day everyone

Just cancelled 4 tickets for 'Diary of a Teenage Girl' for Mon, 3rd Aug, 18:30 @ Wimbledon Odeon.

Hopefully they're useful for someone else.
    • pinkgynn
    • By pinkgynn 26th Jul 15, 12:07 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    pinkgynn
    Metro Center Mission Impossible,

Went with Sky rewards, anyone could have walked in to see this film, staff took print out from us at premier desk, then asked us to stand in queue at opposite side of cinema. When allowed into screening staff asked for printout said didnt have it so just let us in no checking, apart from that the film was good so was orange juice.
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 26th Jul 15, 12:22 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 3,511 Thanks
    Poochface
    Metro Center Mission Impossible,

Went with Sky rewards, anyone could have walked in to see this film, staff took print out from us at premier desk, then asked us to stand in queue at opposite side of cinema. When allowed into screening staff asked for printout said didnt have it so just let us in no checking, apart from that the film was good so was orange juice.
    Originally posted by pinkgynn
    I'm beginning to think that Ben went to the wrong cinema or at the wrong time.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 27th Jul 15, 2:58 PM
    • 13,311 Posts
    • 141,039 Thanks
    quoia
    LOCATIONS added

COMING SOON

For SUN PERKS subscribers

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1638355

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Subject to change)

Certificate - 12A

Thursday 13th August

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

Birmingham
    Bluewater
    Bolton
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Cardiff
    Derby - Cinema De Lux
    Edinburgh Ocean Terminal
    Finchley Road
    Glasgow
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Lee Valley
    Leeds
    Leicester - Cinema De Lux
    London - Greenwich
    Milton Keynes Stadium
    Norwich
    Nottingham
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Sheffield
    Shepherds Bush
    Stratford City
    Teesside
    Trafford Centre
    York

Henry Cavill (“Man of Steel”) stars as Napoleon Solo opposite Armie Hammer (“The Social Network”) as Illya Kuryakin in director Guy Ritchie’s “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” a fresh take on the hugely popular 1960s television series.
    Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the Cold War, “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” centers on CIA agent Solo and KGB agent Kuryakin. Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization, which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo’s only lead is the daughter of a vanished German scientist, who is the key to infiltrating the criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and prevent a worldwide catastrophe.
    Originally posted by quoia
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • psarinuk
    • By psarinuk 27th Jul 15, 4:27 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    psarinuk
    Hi,
    Any idea if it is absolutely necessary to get the HEAT magazine page for "TRAINWRECK" preview on Monday 03/08?
    I am not a Heat magazine reader, and the ticket says photocopy not accepted, so I guess there is no other way than to buy a copy of HEAT?

Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

277Posts Today

1,635Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin