Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    • 12,500Posts
    • 39,780Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread
    • 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread 18th Jun 15 at 10:49 AM
    Please use this thread to chat about the free cinema ticket offers and films.

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details.

This is a continuation of this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3766197
    Last edited by sarah1972; 19-06-2015 at 6:04 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 2
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 15th Jul 15, 3:19 PM
    • 12,500 Posts
    • 39,780 Thanks
    sarah1972
    The next level up to you can change them too (You had this done a few weeks ago as well)
    Originally posted by geordie_ben
    The next level up is the OP
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 15th Jul 15, 3:22 PM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 9,140 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    The next level up is the OP
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    I'm sure you asked the forum team the other week - or I may be totally wrong haha
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 15th Jul 15, 3:22 PM
    • 12,500 Posts
    • 39,780 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I'm sure you asked the forum team the other week - or I may be totally wrong haha
    Originally posted by geordie_ben
    And who is Andrea?
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 15th Jul 15, 3:26 PM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 9,140 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    And who is Andrea?
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    Bocelli?!
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 15th Jul 15, 5:48 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 3,512 Thanks
    Poochface
    Hi.

Can someone please put the link for this new thread on the main (no chat thread) it still currently links to the old thread.

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Mitchmente
    Or you could just go to the All Stickys part of the Freebies to find all the current links.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 16th Jul 15, 12:32 AM
    • 13,414 Posts
    • 141,248 Thanks
    quoia
    COMING SOON

For SUN PERKS subscribers

TRAINWRECK

www.imdb.com/title/tt3152624

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Subject to change)

Certificate - 15

Tuesday 4th August

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

Acton
    Birmingham
    Bolton
    Bristol Cribbs
    Bury - The Rock
    Cardiff
    Croydon Grants
    Edinburgh Ocean Terminal
    Finchley Road
    Gateshead
    Glasgow Fort
    Hull Princes Quay
    Islington
    Leeds Light
    Leicester
    Manchester Lowry
    Northampton
    Plymouth
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Sheffield
    Shepherds Bush
    Stratford City
    Thurrock Lakeside
    Watford

From the guy that brought you Bridesmaids, comes an outrageous and heartfelt comedy about love and relationships in the modern world.
    Written by and starring the next breakout comedy superstar, Amy Schumer.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • Mitchmente
    • By Mitchmente 16th Jul 15, 3:18 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Mitchmente
    Thanks. It has now been added to the code summary post on the main thread. Saved me two clicks lol.
  • beastjones
    I am waiting for Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation movie. I am sure this movie will be best movie of 2015
    • Queenriderbrekke
    • By Queenriderbrekke 23rd Jul 15, 9:30 AM
    • 5,379 Posts
    • 51,102 Thanks
    Queenriderbrekke
    Well! On Monday I saw Maggie for free, it looked like a college project, I don't know who Arnie was doing a favour for but boy it was slow plodding and unimaginative with a plot full of holes.

Last night I saw Terminator Genisys. What a difference a budget and fantastic story line make.

My film of the year so far, better seen if you have also seen the first Terminator as there are so many nuances to compare that make the film a charming re visitation but it also would work for somebody who hasn't seen any of the series at all.

Excellent acting from the Mother of Dragons and bad boy Jai Courtney (Divergence) managed to convince me to like him as Kyle Reese which was always going to be hard as I just loved Michael Biehn.

Not sure why it is being called a flop, oh well I loved it!
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
    • potatosan
    • By potatosan 23rd Jul 15, 10:20 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    potatosan
    I wanted to watch MI: Rogue Nation but was disappointed the screening is not available in Bristol. We don't pay for movies anymore. Booked Trainwreck however.
    *Insert inspirational quote*
    • The Old Bag
    • By The Old Bag 23rd Jul 15, 8:22 PM
    • 4,546 Posts
    • 22,191 Thanks
    The Old Bag
    Well! On Monday I saw Maggie for free, it looked like a college project, I don't know who Arnie was doing a favour for but boy it was slow plodding and unimaginative with a plot full of holes.
    Originally posted by Queenriderbrekke
    I must admit I 'enjoyed' Maggie, and was pleased to see Arnie expand his repertoire beyond the slapstick Kindergarden Cop and Robotic all action Terminator roles.

I saw the whole 'plodding' pace you complain of as a much more realistic and human take on 'a zombie plague' then the usual trite bloodfest.
    If you have ever nursed a family member through a terminal illness..... everyone waiting for the inevitable, never knowing when the last moment will arrive. No one talking about it, pretending everything is normal, yet at the same time wanting to savour every second with the 'patient' and make each moment count.....
    The belief that you can 'follow the rules', but the reality that rules go out of the window when your child is involved.... all much more believable than World War Z and Dawn of the Dead EPICs.
    I found the 'waiting for the end' to be very touching and realistic...
    and I was VERY pleased with how they ended the film.
    I felt the whole film and story line was very moving and sensitively handled rather than sensationalized.
    • andrewmp
    • By andrewmp 24th Jul 15, 8:26 AM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    andrewmp
    Has anyone managed to get Trainwrecked tickets, for some reason it's saying Gateshead is sold out already!!
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 24th Jul 15, 9:54 AM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 3,512 Thanks
    Poochface
    Has anyone managed to get Trainwrecked tickets, for some reason it's saying Gateshead is sold out already!!
    Originally posted by andrewmp
    When you say "already", the alert was posted 8 hours before your comment. Tickets go in minutes let alone hours. I'd be very surprised if there were still tickets available to be honest.

However, I would advise you keep trying as tickets can become available again if people cancel them.
    • andrewmp
    • By andrewmp 24th Jul 15, 1:33 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    andrewmp
    When you say "already", the alert was posted 8 hours before your comment. Tickets go in minutes let alone hours. I'd be very surprised if there were still tickets available to be honest.

However, I would advise you keep trying as tickets can become available again if people cancel them.
    Originally posted by Poochface
    Usually with The Sun Perks, tickets are available for a while, you can still get Mission Impossible ones for tomorrow.
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 24th Jul 15, 1:46 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 3,512 Thanks
    Poochface
    Usually with The Sun Perks, tickets are available for a while, you can still get Mission Impossible ones for tomorrow.
    Originally posted by andrewmp
    They sometimes release the tickets in batches which is why people should always keep checking.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 24th Jul 15, 3:04 PM
    • 13,414 Posts
    • 141,248 Thanks
    quoia
    COMING SOON

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1638355

Certificate - 12A

Thursday 13th August

LOCATIONS

Birmingham
    Bluewater
    Bolton
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Cardiff
    Derby - Cinema De Lux
    Edinburgh Ocean Terminal
    Finchley Road
    Glasgow
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Lee Valley
    Leeds
    Leicester - Cinema De Lux
    London - Greenwich
    Milton Keynes Stadium
    Norwich
    Nottingham
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Sheffield
    Shepherds Bush
    Stratford City
    Teesside
    Trafford Centre
    York

Henry Cavill (“Man of Steel”) stars as Napoleon Solo opposite Armie Hammer (“The Social Network”) as Illya Kuryakin in director Guy Ritchie’s “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” a fresh take on the hugely popular 1960s television series.
    Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the Cold War, “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” centers on CIA agent Solo and KGB agent Kuryakin. Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization, which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo’s only lead is the daughter of a vanished German scientist, who is the key to infiltrating the criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and prevent a worldwide catastrophe.
    Last edited by quoia; 27-07-2015 at 2:56 PM.

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • andrewmp
    • By andrewmp 24th Jul 15, 3:07 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    andrewmp
    They sometimes release the tickets in batches which is why people should always keep checking.
    Originally posted by Poochface
    Thanks for your PM, I got the tickets!
    • quoia
    • By quoia 24th Jul 15, 3:15 PM
    • 13,414 Posts
    • 141,248 Thanks
    quoia
    COMING SOON

LEGEND

www.imdb.com/title/tt3569230

Certificate - 18

Monday 7th September

LOCATIONS

Basingstoke
    Birmingham Broadway Plaza
    Bluewater
    Bournemouth
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Cardiff
    Colchester
    Coventry
    Derby - Cinema De Lux
    Edinburgh Wester Hailes
    Glasgow Braehead
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Lee Valley
    Leeds
    Leicester - Cinema De Lux
    London - Greenwich
    Manchester Printworks
    Mansfield Leisure Park
    Milton Keynes Stadium
    Nottingham
    Rochdale
    Sheffield
    Southampton
    Teesside
    Telford

From Academy Award® winner Brian Helgeland (L.A. Confidential, Mystic River) comes the true story of the rise and fall of London’s most notorious gangsters, Reggie and Ron Kray, both portrayed by Tom Hardy in an amazing double performance.

LEGEND is a classic crime thriller taking us into the secret history of the 1960s and the extraordinary events that secured the infamy of the Kray Twins.
    Last edited by quoia; 30-07-2015 at 7:01 PM.

S ω6.59 so far ..
    • onceuponatyne
    • By onceuponatyne 25th Jul 15, 9:40 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    onceuponatyne
    Hi Guys,

In the general understanding that Mission Impossible is tonight (queuing from about 6.15)??

Only ask as they sent me the "what did you think of the film" email at about 8am this morning??
    • kenyan
    • By kenyan 25th Jul 15, 9:43 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    kenyan
    I got the same email....
    Hi Guys,

In the general understanding that Mission Impossible is tonight (queuing from about 6.15)??

Only ask as they sent me the "what did you think of the film" email at about 8am this morning??
    Originally posted by onceuponatyne
    I'm here because I have the same question. If nobody knows, I'll call the cinema this afternoon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,551Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin