Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 26th Mar 15, 12:00 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 56Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Giordano wine
    • 26th Mar 15, 12:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Giordano wine 26th Mar 15 at 12:00 PM
    Hey forumites

We've spotted a deal at Giordano that gets you 12 bottles of wine, a 12-piece porcelain dinner set, and 6 Italian 'food delicacies', all for £60. Check out the deal - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-wine-deals/#giordano

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Last edited by MSE Sarah; 26-03-2015 at 12:31 PM.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 3
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 12th Nov 15, 8:30 AM
    • 12,581 Posts
    • 40,022 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Offer does not seem to be there now on their website
    Originally posted by carol57

They seem to have pulled it early:

Due to exceptional demand, this offer is no longer available.
    However, we now have a new offer – please click below

Latest Deal is just as good though https://www.giordanowines.co.uk/landing/WP/UK90580/index_affiliation.php

I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • capondoug
    • By capondoug 24th Feb 16, 6:29 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    capondoug
    Communication impossible
    I ordered and then changed my mind. I have used their contact tool 3 times since 15th Feb t cancel and chase up a response but have not had a single acknowledgement. Contacted again tonight to chase up my refund - they were very quick at taking payment!
    Not impressed
    • skid112
    • By skid112 2nd Mar 16, 7:34 AM
    • 276 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    skid112
    I ordered and then changed my mind. I have used their contact tool 3 times since 15th Feb t cancel and chase up a response but have not had a single acknowledgement. Contacted again tonight to chase up my refund - they were very quick at taking payment!
    Not impressed
    Originally posted by capondoug
    I too ordered Feb 2nd three attempts at contacting and nothing
    • poorRob
    • By poorRob 6th Mar 16, 2:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    poorRob
    Mine arrived a few days ago, after just over 2 weeks.
    The two reds I've tried so far have been very tasty and certainly worth the money.
    Does anyone know if the crockery is dishwasher and microwave safe?

Edit: scrub that question, I've just read on their latest offer that they are safe.
    Last edited by poorRob; 06-03-2016 at 2:32 PM.
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 6th Mar 16, 2:41 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    merrydance
    These wines are really nice. Ours were all corked bottles, which I am useless at removing so a couple got "corked" which was a bit of a waste.
    • Michelle101
    • By Michelle101 7th Mar 16, 3:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Michelle101
    Ordered on 10th February but still not received. Spoke with someone 2 weeks ago via the quick chat link and was told there was high demand but would be shipped that week. The quick chat link is now gone and still no delivery. Have submitted another query today. Not impressed!
    • lord donothing
    • By lord donothing 8th Mar 16, 12:44 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lord donothing
    exactly the same, ordered 10th February, spoke via quick chat, told order was now being sorted, 2 weeks later still not received. status showing as stage 3 for over a week now, supposed to have been shipped. just received auto acknowledgement of todays query, but no answer yet. poor customer service. Hope I don't have cause to try and get refund!
    • lord donothing
    • By lord donothing 8th Mar 16, 5:30 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lord donothing
    order arrived this afternoon. well packaged, all fine.
    • ts1
    • By ts1 16th Apr 16, 11:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ts1
    Mine arrived this week, probably 2 weeks from ordering, about what I expected. Our local YODEL guy's are brilliant and always leave items where told via special instructions.

The wine seems very good for the money, the crockery is decent stuff and the food items are good quality. Overall, very pleased.

Does anyone know if customers can repeat the order or is it a One per Household deal? I'm keen to buy a couple more for family members.
    • lincolndiveguy
    • By lincolndiveguy 20th Apr 16, 11:02 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lincolndiveguy
    Got this deal, arrived in 12 days. Not drunk all of the wines yet but they are quite reasonable and well worth £5 a bottle. Pasta dishes and plates are a good size and appear to be in a material similar to "arcorok", The olive oil is a good quality, have not used any of the other freebies. Worth ordering as we have wine regularly and it was too good an opportunity to miss the deal.
    • Jax 72
    • By Jax 72 22nd Aug 16, 1:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jax 72
    Terrible customer service - suggest you avoid
    The short story: The customer service at Giordano Wines is appalling. I ordered something that never arrived and it took me over two months and many expensive phone calls to obtain a refund.

The long story: I ordered the offer of 12 wines, dinner service, Italian good etc and was looking forward to it arriving. Three weeks in, nothing. So I rang to find out where it was - they said it had already been delivered and sent the delivery note as proof.

When I checked the note, I saw that they had put the wrong address! This was the company's fault as they also sent the confirmation of order with the right address. When I pointed this out, they said that they needed me to send a copy of my signature to Italy to verify the one that was signed for. I ended up faxing this to them but that was only the start of the drama.

They kept telling me the money would be refunded - it wasn't. They said they would ring me - they didn't. I must have spoken to seven different customer service operators with varying degrees of rudeness. It is also incredibly difficult to get in contact with them - the live chat doesn't work. They don't provide an email address. There is a form on the website but this works intermittently. So, the only option is to call the 0844 number to speak to them.

When I checked my bill, I had spent around £10 on phone calls. This may not seem much but it's adding insult to injury with the frustration of having to repeatedly call them to get my own money back!

Giordano said that they would not refund me this money but instead would provide two bottles of free wine with my next order of ten wines. The company is deluded - I would never order from it ever again.
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 22nd Aug 16, 5:44 PM
    • 1,862 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    Ian011
    They don't provide an email address. There is a form on the website but this works intermittently. So, the only option is to call the 0844 number to speak to them.

When I checked my bill, I had spent around £10 on phone calls. This may not seem much but it's adding insult to injury with the frustration of having to repeatedly call them to get my own money back!
    Originally posted by Jax 72
    Regulation 41 of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 requires an 01, 02, 03 or 080 number.

Regulation 41(2) gives you the right to to a refund of your call costs.
    • supepsi
    • By supepsi 27th Aug 16, 3:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    supepsi
    Ordered one and we were so impressed we ordered a second. Best bargain this year (August 2016). Thanks Martin.

In answer to your questions......

- Did you like it? Absolutely loved it
    - Have you used it? Wine almost finished and on the second order - bliss
    - Did you have any issues? Delivery excellent and packaging perfect - everything in immaculate order. Cannot fault.

Pasta dish set is fabulous and great value. We use it all the time.
    Food - great value, good selection and superb quality

In summary. Sublime:
    Last edited by supepsi; 27-08-2016 at 3:53 PM.
    • Hightrees
    • By Hightrees 29th Aug 16, 11:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hightrees
    GIordino wine deal through Topcashback????
    Can find this deal through clicking the 'get deal' button on MSE, but NOT when going to the Giordino site through Topcashback. Anyone managed to find this deal through the Topcashback portal please?
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 30th Aug 16, 6:25 AM
    • 12,581 Posts
    • 40,022 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Can find this deal through clicking the 'get deal' button on MSE, but NOT when going to the Giordino site through Topcashback. Anyone managed to find this deal through the Topcashback portal please?
    Originally posted by Hightrees
    No, when I ordered it I put it in my basket through MSE link and then I went through toipcashback and the deal was still in my basket but cash back wasn't paid.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • DenisT
    • By DenisT 31st Aug 16, 2:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DenisT
    HOPELESS - steer clear
    I ordered, I paid, I waited, and waited, and waited.
    When I contacted their "Customer Service"(!), they told me the courier had smashed the wine and returned it (but they hadn't thought to let me know obviously). Their estimate to send another case was 10-20 days (okay, it must be coming on the back of a donkey!).
    I waited.
    Then I suggested this was too long and they said the courier had just tried to deliver but I had refused to accept it!!! (Absolute lie from someone). They gave me a link to Yodel to allow me to see the tracking. Yodel said "don't know anything about this -refer to supplier).
    A month later and I have my money back, which they seemed rather pleased about. I'm happy to have my money back but Giordano were incapable of delivering in the UK and their customer service failed to address the issue remotely adequately. Their last communication with me in intelligible English was "we hope this hasn't put you off from ordering from us again" - I would have told them not to hold their breath but the pain of having to raise a new complaint each time I wanted to contact them (their cust svce email is noreplay@girodano (sic)!!!
    Save yourself some aggravation - Lidl's wine and delivery service is great.
    • alggomas
    • By alggomas 3rd Sep 16, 3:46 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    alggomas
    Giordano Wine special offers and others.
    Not sure if this will be posted!
    I read some much older posts and many people seem to have had a poor experience.
    I have bought 2 cases. one recently [now], and one a few months ago.
    These were not bought directly from them but through Wowcher and other "special offer" websites.
    It does take a long time to arrive. I think they ship from Italy.
    Anyway I think that by ordering in this way you avoid confusion and can get the website to help.
    I have had no problem with the wine as it seems fine for the price so it must be down to communication.
    Regarding the cost of phoning register with 18185 and the calls will be much cheaper.
    1 case was a dinner set and some Italian food [and 12 wines!],
    2nd. case was some Italian food, a box with wine opening tools and 13 bottles of wine.
    AS far as comments about cost, well £60 is not bad.
    You can get 12 bottles from Laithwaits £39. [only once] but it is an intro to get you to join club [no obligation to buy].
    Virgin wines the same. Still a great bargain.
    • alggomas
    • By alggomas 3rd Sep 16, 3:57 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    alggomas
    Giorando wines and help.
    Mine arrived this week, probably 2 weeks from ordering, about what I expected. Our local YODEL guy's are brilliant and always leave items where told via special instructions.

The wine seems very good for the money, the crockery is decent stuff and the food items are good quality. Overall, very pleased.

Does anyone know if customers can repeat the order or is it a One per Household deal? I'm keen to buy a couple more for family members.
    Originally posted by ts1
    You can order as many as you like......
    If you go through the website wowcher [search wine] it should turn up and you can order. You can order more as gifts.
    Offers vary though so may not get crockery etc.
    If you order direct from them you MAY have communication problems. I think they have an Italian number, TRY:
    +39 02 45901067
    Worried about costs of phoning abroad ? Register with 18185 and check their rates.
    Personally though having read about the problems that people who have ordered direct, I would go through the website Wowcher.[There may be other similar websites]
    • flutterbymum
    • By flutterbymum 14th Sep 16, 12:00 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    flutterbymum
    Thank you

Thanks for this! I have just ordered. Looking so very forward to receiving it.
    • Andrea Caldwell
    • By Andrea Caldwell 28th Sep 16, 2:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Andrea Caldwell
    Giordano wine offer
    I took advantage of a similar offer last year. It is very good value. BUT be prepared to be pestered by them for ages after until you have managed to block all the different numbers they call you from!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

409Posts Today

5,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin