Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 26th Mar 15, 12:00 PM
    • 92Posts
    • 54Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Giordano wine
    • 26th Mar 15, 12:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Giordano wine 26th Mar 15 at 12:00 PM
    Hey forumites

We've spotted a deal at Giordano that gets you 12 bottles of wine, a 12-piece porcelain dinner set, and 6 Italian 'food delicacies', all for £60. Check out the deal - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-wine-deals/#giordano

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Last edited by MSE Sarah; 26-03-2015 at 12:31 PM.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 2
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 12th May 15, 8:03 PM
    • 2,681 Posts
    • 3,888 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Link broken
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th May 15, 9:28 PM
    • 29,965 Posts
    • 18,974 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Link broken
    Originally posted by Feral Moon
    Did you refresh the page
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • LadyPenPS
    • By LadyPenPS 13th May 15, 8:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LadyPenPS
    Experienced no problem in paying and ordering. Very similar experience to Chea in that only wine on my order confirmation. Again very helpful; live chat with Carola re-assured. Order arrived in perfect condition. Dinnerware is very basic as described. Have not tried any wine or goodies as yet. Offer may have changed on their site now to fancy wine waiter serving set but I think you can still go through MS link for this one. One off order per household for new customers.
  • madaboutsaving
    Long standing Giordano customer
    We have been buying wines and hampers from Giordano for years and received superb quality goods which have been excellent value. We once had a white wine we disliked, called them to report this and they immediately credited us. Absolutely no complaints, would definitely recommend.
    • owlet
    • By owlet 17th May 15, 8:51 PM
    • 1,496 Posts
    • 1,450 Thanks
    owlet
    My dad has used Giordano for years. He loves the wine & always gets the freebies. They often have offers on that include plates, foods etc. They are reliable & he has never been let down. Occasionally delivery has taken 3 weeks but that's no problem for him. Good company.
    • pinkteapot
    • By pinkteapot 29th May 15, 9:33 AM
    • 6,155 Posts
    • 7,923 Thanks
    pinkteapot
    I can't find the £60 offer (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-wine-deals/#giordano) on their website now. The link on the MSE page doesn't work, and the only similar offer I can find is now £70:

http://www.giordanowines.co.uk/hampers/customer_special_selection/p_90535/

Have they scrapped the deal early?
    • Hezzawithkids
    • By Hezzawithkids 29th May 15, 11:30 AM
    • 2,958 Posts
    • 10,736 Thanks
    Hezzawithkids
    If you do order then make sure you opt out of any direct mail, emails, sales calls etc. We ordered from them once a couple of years ago then got driven up the wall by their telesales calls. Took ages & numerous requests & complaints to get our number taken off their list. Put me off for life.
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200

Proud to be an OU graduate

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • elevy
    not happy as they sent to many out and i sent them back and still got no refund
    • marjsim
    • By marjsim 10th Jun 15, 4:48 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    marjsim
    Can't progress the Order
    For some reason you can't proceed to check out so been unable to order
    • Eidion
    • By Eidion 15th Jun 15, 6:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eidion
    I recently got through most of this special offer myself and I can firstly say that I am very happy with what I got for that price (£59.95) the wine itself I am only halfway through but so far I would rate as average/decent unfortunately not great; this is perfectly acceptable considering the price.

The food extras added up to quite a lot actually and have been enjoyed so far, they actually sell these items individually for quite a high price (too high I think) but goes to show it is quality stuff. The plates were a welcome addition too as I was just about to buy some new plates before this.

So I will now say that delivery was an issue for me but this is a courier issue not Giordano, I had it sent to work as I would never be home for it I waited and waited (the allotted maximum 29 days) then rang them up, I spoke to a helpful Italian lady but she informed me that it had been delivered 2 weeks earlier and the next day e-mailed me the proof of delivery whereby it showed that it had been delivered at 3pm wed and showed a signature clearly showing someone's name (Lee D*****) this surprised me a lot as I or my work colleagues or neighbours have not heard of this name and I was at work at that time and day (so were other trusted co-workers) and we never saw a delivery.

Like I said that was a courier issue, I spoke to Giordano and sent a letter with my signature and wishes and they sent me another box with the same deal, this time it did arrive roughly 2 weeks later and I am now happy after the delay and slight worry.

Anyway I see that this offer ended 31 Dec 2015, so that is why it is still not around but they do seem to have other similar offers (if not quite so good) like the one mentioned a few posts up and also they sent a good offer/leaflet in the post to me but it is not showing properly on the website, it seems they preferred it by phone/mail order. I cannot give the link but it does not show or describe the offers fully anyway.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 16th Jun 15, 11:58 AM
    • 12,394 Posts
    • 39,529 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I recently got through most of this special offer myself and I can firstly say that I am very happy with what I got for that price (£59.95) the wine itself I am only halfway through but so far I would rate as average/decent unfortunately not great; this is perfectly acceptable considering the price.

The food extras added up to quite a lot actually and have been enjoyed so far, they actually sell these items individually for quite a high price (too high I think) but goes to show it is quality stuff. The plates were a welcome addition too as I was just about to buy some new plates before this.

So I will now say that delivery was an issue for me but this is a courier issue not Giordano, I had it sent to work as I would never be home for it I waited and waited (the allotted maximum 29 days) then rang them up, I spoke to a helpful Italian lady but she informed me that it had been delivered 2 weeks earlier and the next day e-mailed me the proof of delivery whereby it showed that it had been delivered at 3pm wed and showed a signature clearly showing someone's name (Lee D*****) this surprised me a lot as I or my work colleagues or neighbours have not heard of this name and I was at work at that time and day (so were other trusted co-workers) and we never saw a delivery.

Like I said that was a courier issue, I spoke to Giordano and sent a letter with my signature and wishes and they sent me another box with the same deal, this time it did arrive roughly 2 weeks later and I am now happy after the delay and slight worry.

Anyway I see that this offer ended 31 Dec 2015, so that is why it is still not around but they do seem to have other similar offers (if not quite so good) like the one mentioned a few posts up and also they sent a good offer/leaflet in the post to me but it is not showing properly on the website, it seems they preferred it by phone/mail order. I cannot give the link but it does not show or describe the offers fully anyway.
    Originally posted by Eidion
    Why do you say ended 31 Dec 2015 as though it has expired? We are only in June 2015
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • wineback
    • By wineback 29th Jul 15, 12:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wineback
    wineback
    Once tried making wine, wife asked me for a bottle---was well chuffed , until I saw her pouring it in the sink. She said it was the best thing she ever had for cleaning mark and stains off the steel sink--- good job I had wine left to drown my sorrows
  • Crescentmoon
    I ordered this deal online (case of red wine) and was a bit concerned when the invoice details just had “Italian Table Red Wines” on it with no reference to the extras. I opted to pay via paypal and ordered on the 31st July and my case arrived on the 13th August. Plates, bowls and food were all included. The way I looked at it was 12 bottles of wine at £5 each, the food and dishes are just a bonus. We’ve only sampled one of the bottles but it was delicious so all in all a great deal. Thank you for the original post.
    • CAHA
    • By CAHA 2nd Sep 15, 10:01 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    CAHA
    Ordered 5th August and still nothing heard or received
    Bit concerned as I placed my order on 5th August - told my son about the deal and he placed his order on the 6th August. Apart from an initial order acknowledgement have had no further contact. Have tried to send a message or an email but failed and as the only other option is to dial an 0844 number will try a variety of electronic methods before using this as a last resort. Sadly first impressions not good !
    Regards

Chris
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 2nd Sep 15, 8:59 PM
    • 1,792 Posts
    • 1,011 Thanks
    Ian011
    ... the only other option is to dial an 0844 number ...
    Originally posted by CAHA
    Regulation 41 of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 requires that where they provider a telephone number for post sales contact that it must begin 01, 02, 03 or 080.

Where they fail to do so, Regulation 41(2) gives you the right to a refund of your call costs over and above whatever the equivalent call to an 01, 02 or 03 number would have cost.

These regulations apply to retailers, traders and passenger transport companies and have been in place since 13 June 2014. Breaches of the regulations can be reported to Trading Standards via the Citizen's Advice national Consumer Helpline on 0345 404 0506.
    Last edited by Ian011; 02-09-2015 at 9:02 PM.
    • bcooney
    • By bcooney 11th Sep 15, 11:51 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bcooney
    A hopeless company: Avoid!
    I ordered the offer of wine, food and plates from this company on 6 August and received an automated acknowledgement indicating that delivery would be in 10 days or, at most 28 days. I contacted them on 31 August (through their web site chat), and received assurances that the parcel would definitely be delivered before I go on holiday on 15 September. I contacted them again on 9 September and was told the delivery was on its way and would arrive on 16 September! I have asked them to cancel the order and refund the money. Still no sign of the refund. I fear I may have to pursue them through Paypal. I was really looking forward to receiving my order, and had already picked out the next things I wanted to order from them. Now, I would avoid them like the plague.
    • RA15
    • By RA15 30th Sep 15, 12:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RA15
    Much like bcooney, I ordered this at the start of September in the hope that it would arrive by the end of September as it was meant to make up part of a birthday hamper but since the first automated email I have had no response to my emails through their website. There has not even been a charge to my card which makes me wonder if the parcel is going to turn up at all.

I would definitely not recommend using the company.
    • bargain_babs
    • By bargain_babs 7th Oct 15, 10:29 AM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 14,804 Thanks
    bargain_babs
    fab offer - received mine with the white wine, plates etc - everything has been wonderful. Can I go back and order the red wines as well? - seemed to take a little while to arrive but I don't have a problem with that. I would order again.
    • bubbleflower
    • By bubbleflower 31st Oct 15, 10:59 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    bubbleflower
    Giordano Wine Offer
    We ordered the wine, food and plates offer for £59.95 including delivery on 19 October, and it was delivered on 30 October. Very pleased with the quality and delivery time. Not tasted wine or food yet, but it looks goid, and previous reviews look promising. Would order again. Might give some as Christmas gifts.
    Got married to Jamie!!
    Thursday 19 September 2013

Aphrodite Beach Wedding Venue, Ayia Napa, Cyprus

Loved every minute!!

• carol57
    • By carol57 12th Nov 15, 7:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    carol57
    Offer does not seem to be there now on their website
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,130Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin