Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Nov 13, 8:06 AM
    • 12,307Posts
    • 39,398Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis
    • 18th Nov 13, 8:06 AM
    0 WOW
    Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis 18th Nov 13 at 8:06 AM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

We have more, fully researched info on the John Lewis free cake and drink in our John Lewis deals note.

Big thanks to Sarah1972 for her spot.

Back to the original post...

-----------

http://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/my-john-lewis?s_afcid=af_47868&awc=1203_1384761807_d5f0481 4360cc85ede4567a49e0fe325

Sign up for a John Lewis membership card and you will be entitled to a free hot drink and cake every month in-store.

Membership also entitles you to exclusive rewards, competitions, and local events.

Please Note: allow approximately 14 days for the card to arrive in the post.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 03-12-2013 at 9:37 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 3
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 12th Dec 13, 9:46 PM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 660 Thanks
    paul2louise
    I went into town yesterday and called in JL and had a lovely piece of carrot cake and hot chocolate. Fab.
    • sumoqueen
    • By sumoqueen 12th Dec 13, 10:02 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 907 Thanks
    sumoqueen
    No wonder they give out vouchers - does anyone pay their prices for tea and cake?!! My mum and I went in on Tuesday to the expresso bar quite late in the afternoon (and the only cakes left were the more expensive ones) and if we were paying it was just short of £13!!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) 2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!!
    • Mee
    • By Mee 13th Dec 13, 12:12 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    Mee
    I find the brick size shortbread is good value. The tea is on the expensive side, but I don't mind paying a little extra for the ambience
    I'm saving my December voucher for when I'm next in London. May visit Waitrose on Oxford Street to get my free daily drink and then later/earlier a JL cafe for my drink + cake
    Last edited by Mee; 15-12-2013 at 4:07 PM.
    You can click the Thanks button if you want

• Ezmondino
    • By Ezmondino 16th Dec 13, 12:48 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    Ezmondino
    I got the vouchers and card after a few weeks and used this for the first time on Saturday (my wife did it also). Nearly £12 worth of cake and hot drink for free Although I'd never pay it!
    Last edited by Ezmondino; 16-12-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    • kentcouple
    • By kentcouple 30th Dec 13, 1:29 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    kentcouple
    Has anyone else had problems receiving their card? I ordered mine on 31 Oct and still haven't received it. They told me they had sent the first card to the wrong address and reissued it on 25 Nov when I called to see what was happening. A few weeks later I called as I hadn't received the second one to be told it can take up to 4 weeks. I contacted them again yesterday as still nothing after 4 weeks and was now told it can take 4-6 weeks. I have an email address to escalate it if it doesn't arrive in 6 weeks. I am concerned about my data being lost and sent to the wrong address not to mention offering vouchers on sign up which im not receiving.
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 30th Dec 13, 3:17 PM
    • 2,145 Posts
    • 2,367 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Has anyone else had problems receiving their card?receiving.
    Originally posted by kentcouple
    Hi

Yes, ordered mine about 3-4 weeks ago, still waiting. Hope it's worth the wait.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• Red Cat
    • By Red Cat 31st Dec 13, 8:31 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 709 Thanks
    Red Cat
    Does anyone know if you can take away? Thanks
    Originally posted by eleanor73
    I was able to get a takeaway Latte and choc muffin from Peterborough store. I was on my way to the railway station, so didn't want to miss a train and they were fine about it.
    Hoping this year is better than the last.
    • kentcouple
    • By kentcouple 7th Jan 14, 11:42 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    kentcouple
    Sorry for the late reply. I hope yours arrives soon. It's now 6 weeks since they said they reissued the card and coming up for 3 months since I originally applied and still nothing. Im not impressed, particularly with the dismissive responses I got from the "my John lewis" department. I am planning to write a formal complaint to their head office if it doesn't arrive by the end of this week. Any good will from offering these vouchers is rapidly decreasing and I am concerned about the security of my details.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 7th Jan 14, 12:06 PM
    • 12,324 Posts
    • 11,759 Thanks
    Chris25
    I'm saving my December voucher for when I'm next in London. May visit Waitrose on Oxford Street to get my free daily drink and then later/earlier a JL cafe for my drink + cake
    Originally posted by Mee
    didn't know there was a Waitrose in Oxford St - thank you, I'm going to London soon.
    • loranius
    • By loranius 7th Jan 14, 3:45 PM
    • 1,074 Posts
    • 3,294 Thanks
    loranius
    didn't know there was a Waitrose in Oxford St - thank you, I'm going to London soon.
    Originally posted by Chris25
    I think this is the Waitrose which is at the basement floor of John Lewis
  • beth01dog
    Hi
    Does anybody know if the vouchersc an be used in Knight and Lee in Southsea? It's a branch of the JL partnership so am thinking probably not but it's our nearest so would be good if we can!
    Thanks
    • Mee
    • By Mee 22nd Jan 14, 1:38 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    Mee
    Couldn't hold on to my January voucher any longer. I treated myself to an almond Bakewell tart and pot of tea. Wouldn't recommend the Bakewell tart.
    Last edited by Mee; 23-01-2014 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
    You can click the Thanks button if you want

• Tabbycat1995
    JL Tea and Cake
    Was visiting London last weekend as treat for daughter's birthday. We went for afternoon tea and cake after shopping on Oxford street. Thanks JL for restoring a bit of my sanity after shopping for a couple of hours with a teenager! I had to pay for daughter but I can't complain. The manager even carried my tray when my daughter disappeared without thinking to find a seat, leaving me with a case, two bags and a tray of cake and drinks.

• maysoo
    • By maysoo 27th Jan 14, 1:48 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    maysoo
    Got 6 "Free Drin& cake" vouchers with my new card, one per month starting from january2014 and ending june 2014, But the original offer description on MSE talked about one voucher per month without specifying it was for 6 months only.
    I guess it was too much to expect an ongoing deal. Any thoughts?
    • Ezmondino
    • By Ezmondino 27th Jan 14, 12:48 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    Ezmondino
    They'll send out more 6 month vouchers later for July onwards.
    Although I do wonder if so many join up whether this perk will continue for long.
  • Tabbycat1995
    Enjoy it will you can.
    • Jennifer_Jane
    • By Jennifer_Jane 31st Jan 14, 7:36 PM
    • 3,157 Posts
    • 4,365 Thanks
    Jennifer_Jane
    Went yesterday for my monthly cakefest. Admittedly it was Thursday, but as usual the restaurant was very full. I wasn't even asked if I was paying cash, just if I had my voucher! Perhaps I just look like someone who likes cake?

Had cappuccino and coffee and walnut cake. Planning on carrot cake for next month.
    • theediscerning
    • By theediscerning 1st Feb 14, 10:22 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    theediscerning
    Grrr at ^ - my friend wanted a coffee cake yesterday but there was none. The carrot cake is very good.

FYI you can have the deluxe hot chocolate with the vouchers as well - snaffling an extra 50p's worth per cup lol.
  • miss scrooge
    Hi
    Does anybody know if the vouchersc an be used in Knight and Lee in Southsea? It's a branch of the JL partnership so am thinking probably not but it's our nearest so would be good if we can!
    Thanks
    Originally posted by beth01dog
    Yes the vouchers can be used there.
    Prizes won 2015 :
    Feb-2 prizes
    May-gift certificate

2015/273.99
    • lea_uk
    • By lea_uk 8th Mar 14, 9:36 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    lea_uk
    I have a pot of tea and carrot cake. The cake is so nice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

227Posts Today

1,626Users online

Martin's Twitter