Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Nov 13, 8:06 AM
    • 12,168Posts
    • 39,181Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis
    • 18th Nov 13, 8:06 AM
    0 WOW
    Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis 18th Nov 13 at 8:06 AM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

We have more, fully researched info on the John Lewis free cake and drink in our John Lewis deals note.

Big thanks to Sarah1972 for her spot.

Back to the original post...

-----------

http://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/my-john-lewis?s_afcid=af_47868&awc=1203_1384761807_d5f0481 4360cc85ede4567a49e0fe325

Sign up for a John Lewis membership card and you will be entitled to a free hot drink and cake every month in-store.

Membership also entitles you to exclusive rewards, competitions, and local events.

Please Note: allow approximately 14 days for the card to arrive in the post.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 03-12-2013 at 9:37 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 2
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 21st Nov 13, 5:56 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    paul2louise
    I am very unhappy to have signed up thinking there was a JL in Manchester Centre when in fact the closest one is the Trafford Centre. Had to give my vouchers away
    Originally posted by LouFace
    And Cheadle retail park or is that too far
    • LouFace
    • By LouFace 21st Nov 13, 6:03 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    LouFace
    And Cheadle retail park or is that too far
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    About the same distance.
    I am the master of all I create. So this bacon sandwich better do as it's told.
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 21st Nov 13, 6:11 PM
    • 16,795 Posts
    • 25,571 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    hi does anyone know if they do any gluten free cakes ? please
    Originally posted by sweetsister
    I don't know if it's all of them but Aberdeen does have gluten free cakes.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • lea_uk
    • By lea_uk 24th Nov 13, 12:44 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    lea_uk
    What vouchers did people get? I'm buying some Christmas presents in JL, and I'm hoping they'll come in handy.
    I love the idea of free hot drink and cake.
    • glitterpuss
    • By glitterpuss 24th Nov 13, 1:17 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    glitterpuss
    I got some vouchers for a free tea/ coffee and cake once a month.
    Also a card which should be presented in store when buying.

No vouchers for products yet though
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 2nd Dec 13, 4:29 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Any idea how long it takes for the card and vouchers to arrive, I can't wait. Thanks
    • stonecircle
    • By stonecircle 2nd Dec 13, 7:02 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    stonecircle
    I got some vouchers for a free tea/ coffee and cake once a month.
    Also a card which should be presented in store when buying.

No vouchers for products yet though
    Originally posted by glitterpuss
    I used my card at the weekend, yesterday I received an e mail saying if I spend £50 in one transaction before 24 Dec, I will received a £5 voucher in January. So looks like you need to spend to receive.
  • cardiff2007
    Any idea how long it takes for the card and vouchers to arrive, I can't wait. Thanks
    Ordered one for my daughter a week ago and it has just arrived so hers came pretty quickly
    • bluebeary
    • By bluebeary 4th Dec 13, 10:02 PM
    • 7,315 Posts
    • 13,798 Thanks
    bluebeary
    card and vouchers arrived today, thanks sarah x
    • LilacLillie
    • By LilacLillie 4th Dec 13, 10:25 PM
    • 2,873 Posts
    • 9,851 Thanks
    LilacLillie
    Can the card be used any day of the month, once a month, or only on certain days IYSWIM???
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

---------------------------------------------------
    • Crabman
    • By Crabman 4th Dec 13, 11:46 PM
    • 9,548 Posts
    • 6,947 Thanks
    Crabman
    Can the card be used any day of the month, once a month, or only on certain days IYSWIM???
    LL
    Originally posted by LilacLillie
    Each voucher has a month printed on them. I can see no restrictions on the free cake and hot drink voucher regarding time/day of redemption.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly & I can move & merge posts there. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• wiorika
    • By wiorika 5th Dec 13, 7:31 AM
    • 372 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    wiorika
    i signed up for it over 2 weeks ago and im still waiting for the card
    • lavendergirl
    • By lavendergirl 5th Dec 13, 1:08 PM
    • 257 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    lavendergirl
    Each voucher has a month printed on them. I can see no restrictions on the free cake and hot drink voucher regarding time/day of redemption.
    Originally posted by Crabman
    OH and I with separate cards and vouchers had our November cake and drink on a Monday late lunchtime in Newcastle upon Tyne store with no probs
    • pineapple123
    • By pineapple123 5th Dec 13, 4:16 PM
    • 704 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    pineapple123
    Still waiting for my vouchers too.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 5th Dec 13, 5:28 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    paul2louise
    My vouchers and card have arrived . Do you know if you have to show the membership card with the voucher only my hubby has offered me to use his December voucher so I could take my mum and treat her instead
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 5th Dec 13, 6:19 PM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 2,134 Thanks
    m1kjm
    My vouchers and card have arrived . Do you know if you have to show the membership card with the voucher only my hubby has offered me to use his December voucher so I could take my mum and treat her instead
    No, you don't have to show your card.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 5th Dec 13, 6:27 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    paul2louise
    No, you don't have to show your card.
    Originally posted by m1kjm

thanks looking forward to my cake next week. yum
    • lavendergirl
    • By lavendergirl 5th Dec 13, 6:43 PM
    • 257 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    lavendergirl
    No you just need your voucher, card is for use when spending in shop or online
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 5th Dec 13, 7:47 PM
    • 1,703 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    littlewren
    Got my card and vouchers today.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
    • hgv1driver
    • By hgv1driver 12th Dec 13, 9:34 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    hgv1driver
    Signed Up
    yes i signed up and got a card and a voucher book went into John Lewis last week had a mince pie and mulled wine at the door went upstairs to the cafe and had coffee and cake i know what you are all going to say Merry Christmas!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,814Posts Today

8,951Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin