Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 7:47 AM
    • 5,214Posts
    • 66,788Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 7:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 7:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 7:31 AM.
Page 2
    • By 3010 18th Aug 13, 9:29 AM
    • 5,214 Posts
    • 66,788 Thanks
    This intrigued me. What happened?
    Originally posted by TanH
    Basically a magistrate was caught using stamps that has not been franked because the collection staff had become suspicious.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Magistrate-resigns-admitting-postal-fraud/story-13259457-detail/story.html#axzz2cJOXo33g
    Last edited by 3010; 18-08-2013 at 9:37 AM.
  • TanH
    Thanks for posting that link, interesting story 65 parcels in one week, wowsers!!
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 18th Aug 13, 1:52 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 2,192 Thanks
    Saetana
    My 6 months posting session started whilst I was on holiday (I did tell them !) but I returned to 2 lots of posting schedules. I posted them at the same time they should have been posted but in the week I returned. Since then I have received nothing....I have emailed them but have had no reply. Anyone any idea what might have happened ? Do you think I have been taken off posting anything else ?
    Originally posted by P2TKL
    I'd give them a ring, they can take up to two weeks to reply to emails. Its not your fault if you told them when you were on holiday and its fine to post items on a different week so long as you post on the same day of the week
    2017 Wins: Lambswool Throw & Cushions, Skincare Set, T-Shirt, This Works Sleep Kit, Soup and Mug x 2
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 18th Aug 13, 4:26 PM
    • 8,427 Posts
    • 6,007 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    I'd give them a ring, they can take up to two weeks to reply to emails. Its not your fault if you told them when you were on holiday and its fine to post items on a different week so long as you post on the same day of the week
    Originally posted by Saetana
    Took 3 weeks to reply to me - when the reply was no longer of any use as the time had passed. Phone - once they answer - must be quicker.
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 19th Aug 13, 12:06 AM
    • 2,599 Posts
    • 21,482 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    Just got my first posting schedule this will be my 2nd time now.
    March Wins: Soup & Mug, JVC lt-40c750 smart 40 led tv. DVD hell or high water. £20 amazon voucher.
    • neilwoods
    • By neilwoods 19th Aug 13, 10:51 AM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 1,183 Thanks
    neilwoods
    Do royal mail keep stopping and starting the sending packs. On my 2nd time with them now, then got email last week saying they are over subscribed and will continue in 2 weeks. Then got another email today saying welcome, we will send out first starter pack.
    Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 19th Aug 13, 11:02 AM
    • 8,367 Posts
    • 51,732 Thanks
    LEJC
    Do royal mail keep stopping and starting the sending packs. On my 2nd time with them now, then got email last week saying they are over subscribed and will continue in 2 weeks. Then got another email today saying welcome, we will send out first starter pack.
    Originally posted by neilwoods

for some people this does seem to be the case thats its a bit stop start and seemingly disorganised...

Although ive been doing the postal panel for several years,and touch wood have not really experienced many of the problems others describe....im on a rest time at the moment and hope to be invited back as I have been previously in the next few months.

Just as re clarification...its not royal mail who monitor the panel...but I might just be nit picking today sorry!
    • neilwoods
    • By neilwoods 19th Aug 13, 11:31 AM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 1,183 Thanks
    neilwoods
    for some people this does seem to be the case thats its a bit stop start and seemingly disorganised...

Although ive been doing the postal panel for several years,and touch wood have not really experienced many of the problems others describe....im on a rest time at the moment and hope to be invited back as I have been previously in the next few months.

Just as re clarification...its not royal mail who monitor the panel...but I might just be nit picking today sorry!
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Yeah it's kantar, currently with there shopandscan, food on the go and screenwise panel.

As long as they keep sending some stamps. I don't mind
    Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's
  • Sibylia
    Good morning,

I'm a bit of a newbie with this Royal Mail survey thing and have my first letter to post out today and one tomorrow. Do they need to both be posted from the same postbox or can it be from different ones?

Also, I'm trying desperately to log on to the website. It took 10 minutes for the website itself to load and now been waiting 5 minutes to log in. Is that normal or is there a problem with the website today?

Thank you very much for your help!

Sibylia
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 20th Aug 13, 10:44 AM
    • 8,367 Posts
    • 51,732 Thanks
    LEJC
    you can log several post boxes on to your account so pick the ones that are convenient to you....

I think there is a limit of 10 as long as you post in one of those boxes and log the details onto the system thats fine...all the boxes you post in must be in your post code area though...as you cant post outside an area...
    ive got about 5 post boxes listed and 2 post offices so that gives me a good selection in the local area,but a lot will depend on how many postboxes you actually have within a reasonable distance to you...for some people they only have one post box and one post office!

the first part of your postcode is the area in which you should ideally post

Details of how to add postboxes are in the training section of the website.

Ive checked the website today and am logging in quickly and easily so it may be that you are running slow on your computer.
    Last edited by LEJC; 20-08-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 20th Aug 13, 10:57 AM
    • 2,198 Posts
    • 1,913 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    The website was down when I tried to log in earlier this morning but seems to be running okay now.
    • Kirri
    • By Kirri 20th Aug 13, 11:17 AM
    • 6,089 Posts
    • 20,407 Thanks
    Kirri
    Just finished my 3rd lot of training - see they are sending out a guide this time! Are they getting more organised?!
  • tbrown.eu
    SMARTS - Query
    Hello!

New to MSE, frequent visitor, first time poster!

Just received my first actual Survey pack, after training. However, I have a query RE: SMARTS. They come in a plastic wrapper, and after reading the manual / guide thoroughly, I still have a question - do I take them out the plastic when putting them into the relevant envelope, or do I leave them in the plastic? Such a simple thing, yet I don't know the answer!

Also, the stamps I received are brilliant. I am by no means a collector, however these are truly spectacular!

Thanks!
    • Locky
    • By Locky 20th Aug 13, 11:26 AM
    • 922 Posts
    • 2,736 Thanks
    Locky
    However, I have a query RE: SMARTS. They come in a plastic wrapper, and after reading the manual / guide thoroughly, I still have a question - do I take them out the plastic when putting them into the relevant envelope, or do I leave them in the plastic? Such a simple thing, yet I don't know the answer!
    Originally posted by tbrown.eu
    Leave them in the wrapper! It helps to protect them in their journeys around the country!
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 20th Aug 13, 11:26 AM
    • 8,367 Posts
    • 51,732 Thanks
    LEJC
    Hello!

do I take them out the plastic when putting them into the relevant envelope, or do I leave them in the plastic? Such a simple thing, yet I don't know the answer!

Thanks!
    Originally posted by tbrown.eu

leave the smarts exactly as they are....just pop them in with your postings when required
  • tbrown.eu
    leave the smarts exactly as they are....just pop them in with your postings when required
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Leave them in the wrapper! It helps to protect them in their journeys around the country!
    Originally posted by Locky
    Thank you for the speedy response! I shall leave them in the wrappers and get them sent on their way as per the schedule!
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 20th Aug 13, 11:52 AM
    • 2,151 Posts
    • 2,354 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    The website was down when I tried to log in earlier this morning but seems to be running okay now.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Hi

Took me ages to log my sent items-received a couple of error messages. A bit better now when I did the Correctly Delivered and Unaddressed Mail surveys.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• zoescrims
    • By zoescrims 20th Aug 13, 12:14 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 5,223 Thanks
    zoescrims
    Hello,

Im new to all this and after a year or so of waiting i've finally received my first pack!!

In my pack i have two unaddressed envelopes with labels,some stamps for me and a guide book.
    Just a question i didn't receive a 'smart' thingy,should i have.Ive been given two dates to post the letters would a smart go in these all the time.Finally where can i find the R- number (receiver) i've looked in the guide book and all the paper work but cant see anything.

Sorry to ramble and thanks in advance!
    Zoe
    2017 Jan;Cafe Rouge meal,£25 one4all,Skippy the rat,Flexitol cream Feb: Football, £100 Tesco giftcard,£30 spa treatment,Kit kat personalised,book,razor,fruit bowl March: £20 Waterstones,bottle of soy sauce,facemask,£250 hotel stay,bbq sauce,
    • Kirri
    • By Kirri 20th Aug 13, 12:29 PM
    • 6,089 Posts
    • 20,407 Thanks
    Kirri
    Hello,

Im new to all this and after a year or so of waiting i've finally received my first pack!!

In my pack i have two unaddressed envelopes with labels,some stamps for me and a guide book.
    Just a question i didn't receive a 'smart' thingy,should i have.Ive been given two dates to post the letters would a smart go in these all the time.Finally where can i find the R- number (receiver) i've looked in the guide book and all the paper work but cant see anything.

Zoe
    Originally posted by zoescrims
    Smarts only start once you've completed initial training (which usually involves sending 2 letters a week to a certain Mr * for a set number of weeks) so don't worry about smarts yet. They will be listed on your posting schedule once you are required to start adding them.

The R number is on the sticky label - you won't start getting items to mark as received again till initial training is completed. (If you want to see what one looks like they are on the printed A4 sheet of labels you will send out too - one sticky label gets attached to the bit of paper inside every posted item).
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 20th Aug 13, 12:32 PM
    • 2,151 Posts
    • 2,354 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Hello,

Zoe
    Originally posted by zoescrims
    Hi

When I did my retraining, I didn't have to send any smarts with the postings.

When you start to receive post from other panellists you'll have some smarts plus TNS sometimes send them.

The R number will on a label on a sheet/piece of paper when you start to receive post. Something like R1234.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

916Posts Today

6,958Users online

Martin's Twitter