Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 1:23 PM
    • 8,095Posts
    • 19,996Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 1:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 1:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 8:51 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 3
    • CathWales
    • By CathWales 11th Apr 13, 6:13 PM
    • 3,000 Posts
    • 4,368 Thanks
    CathWales
    Hi John - just been directed to this new thread.

I still have not had an update on my missing cashback from Carphone Warehouse, its been a while since you said you'd put in a manual request for me and I wondered if you had any news please?
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi Adendem,

There are a few missing, but many are from those who pay monthly. Given that yours is paid in full, I would have expected it by now. I am speaking to the merchant's network on this and hopefully will have a solution soon. If you email in, I will be able to locate your account and make sure that we are definitely chasing yours.

@CathWales, I will ask claims to post again for you- sorry that this is not resolved yet.

Many thanks,
    John
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Georgiegirl256
    • By Georgiegirl256 12th Apr 13, 10:18 AM
    • 6,594 Posts
    • 18,730 Thanks
    Georgiegirl256
    Hi Georgiegirl256,

That's good news! Please post back if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
    John
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Actually, I do have one more....sorry two more questions....

1, On Snap & Save, will you ever change it so that you can redeem an offer more than once?

2, I have a Paddy Power payment that says it should be confirmed between 15-45 days, well it's over 45 days, and it's still pending? Do they usually take a long time?

Thanks!
    • bevally
    • By bevally 12th Apr 13, 11:04 AM
    • 268 Posts
    • 1,072 Thanks
    bevally
    Hi John,

Few things!

1. I have a missing casback claim for Vistaprint, submitted 9th Jan, so now over 3 months - could this be looked into please.

2. Made a purchase from Game cashback has tracked but at purchase price minus VAT. I know a lot of merchants do this but it is normally clear on their page, couldn't see it on the Game page. Not a big difference in cashback, so not a massive deal, just think it should be clear.

3. Big from me for instore cashback. Item purchased yesterday, confirned within 1hr of uploading receipt & payable today. So thanks, TCB!

Thanks John for always replying
    • toshkininny
    • By toshkininny 12th Apr 13, 2:14 PM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    toshkininny
    Tesco payments
    Hi John

Think you have your hands full with us lot!

I have a Topcashback account and so does my other half. We have a joint Tesco account. The Topcashback website won't let me change my payment via Tesco points because my other half has already used our Tesco clubcard account number against his topcashback account.

Can you have a look for me please?

Thanks in advance.
    Good Afternoon everyone,

@toshkininny, a Clubcard can only be registered on TopCashback once, so it will be the case that the system won't let you enter the same one as you other half.

@bevally, glad you are enjoying snap and save! I have asked the claims team to get you an update on Vistaprint and have also asked if we can confirm that Game do not pay cashback on the VAT portion of the sale and will get a message added for you.

@Georgiegirl256, the limit of 1 item per member is set to stay for the foreseeable future, but we are constantly reviewing the offers. Paddy Power transactions have confirmed up until the end of February, so can you allow another couple of weeks? If nothing has changed then, can you post back?

Best wishes,
    John
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • bevally
    • By bevally 12th Apr 13, 3:01 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 1,072 Thanks
    bevally
    Thanks John, will hopefully hear something soon then!
    • toshkininny
    • By toshkininny 12th Apr 13, 3:53 PM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    toshkininny
    Good Afternoon everyone,

@toshkininny, a Clubcard can only be registered on TopCashback once, so it will be the case that the system won't let you enter the same one as you other half.

@bevally, glad you are enjoying snap and save! I have asked the claims team to get you an update on Vistaprint and have also asked if we can confirm that Game do not pay cashback on the VAT portion of the sale and will get a message added for you.

@Georgiegirl256, the limit of 1 item per member is set to stay for the foreseeable future, but we are constantly reviewing the offers. Paddy Power transactions have confirmed up until the end of February, so can you allow another couple of weeks? If nothing has changed then, can you post back?

Best wishes,
    John
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi, thanks for answering. So, am I supposed to create a new Tesco account just for me then? It seems a bit silly to do that just so that I can change my payments to Tesco clubcard points.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 12th Apr 13, 3:54 PM
    • 9,986 Posts
    • 20,614 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Hi John

Think you have your hands full with us lot!

I have a Topcashback account and so does my other half. We have a joint Tesco account. The Topcashback website won't let me change my payment via Tesco points because my other half has already used our Tesco clubcard account number against his topcashback account.

Can you have a look for me please?

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by toshkininny

Snap!

I was just about to post exactly the same question.

Is it possible to change the clubcard registration from my Ohs account to mine as I use my account more than he does?
    • toshkininny
    • By toshkininny 12th Apr 13, 3:57 PM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    toshkininny
    Snap!

I was just about to post exactly the same question.

Is it possible to change the clubcard registration from my Ohs account to mine as I use my account more than he does?
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    I've tried, but it doesn't let you!
    • washable
    • By washable 13th Apr 13, 4:22 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    washable
    Hotelopia
    Hi John, I have a query for the above merchant. It states on TCB site

9.09%

Get an amazing 10% off with our exclusive code + earn an exclusive 9.09% cashback! Ends 14 Apr 2013.
    There is no mention of the exclusive code and the offer finishes tomorrow 14th April.
    Can you help.
    Thanks.
    • wookie6
    • By wookie6 14th Apr 13, 7:49 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    wookie6
    Hi,

I would like to use TopCashBack to take out breakdown cover, I understand I need to be a new customer that has not received a renewal in the last 60 days.

I am currently named on a joint breakdown policy that was purchased by my partner and she has received a renewal letter, therefore this being the case does this mean I am already a customer as I am named on that policy, or would I qualify as a new customer as the current policy wasn't purchased by me and I am only named on the policy?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend.

@wookie6, which merchant are you planning on using?

@washable, my records show that the discount code 'topcash10' was showing on the merchant page, directly under the cashback rate, until 23.59 last night. Did you check here under 'Hotelopia Discount Codes'-

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/hotelopia/

@toshkininny and POPPYOSCAR, you will be able to add a new card as the number wouldn't have been entered by any other member.

You can also switch clubcards between accounts but only before a payment request is made. POPPYOSCAR, if your OH hasn't requested anything yet, this would work. If they have, as I suspect toshkininny's has, the system would block the change.

I hope that this helps explain things and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,
    John
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 15th Apr 13, 3:50 PM
    • 1,827 Posts
    • 1,435 Thanks
    Herbalus
    Hi John,

Regarding the Santander 'Validation Period' - what does this mean exactly? I applied for the 123 account on 27th march and it was successfully tracked but shows a £0 cashback balance as pending. I was going to lodge a claim but couldn't decide if the issue was incorrectly tracked or not tracked at all, and then found out the Santander validation period would apparently put any claim on ice until near the end of May.

Am I correct in understanding that at the end of this validation period the cashback will proceed as normal? (The reasoning would be that Santander want to know the account is kept before offering cashback.) How long is this validation period going to take?

Best wishes,
    Herb
  • BenjiBoy
    Payment not being made
    Hi,

I have had a TCB account for a while & use it for EVERYTHING including my job which involves me travelling around the world so all my hotels & everything I book through TCB.

on 2nd April I had £40 become payable which I requested & then and then another £42 became payable a few days later which was also requested.

Both these payments are sat in "Payment Requested". I raised a ticket & got a response asking if I was linked to an account with an certain email address, I confirmed I wasnt & explained the situation yet I have had no response & my cashback still hasnt been paid?

Why would this be?
    • wookie6
    • By wookie6 15th Apr 13, 6:09 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    wookie6
    Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, I'm planning on using The AA.
    Good Morning!

@wookie6, thanks for that. I have checked on this for you and you would still get cashback. As you were only named on the policy and your partner was the policy holder, you are classed as a new customer.

@BenjiBoy, this will be with the payments team for approval now, but if you can email mse@topcashback.co.uk, I can access your account and chase this up for you.

@Herbalus, this should track at £0.00 initially and uplift within 30 days. You are correct in assuming that this is a validation period so that the merchant can see that the account is active and hasn't been cancelled. If you don't see the cashback after 42 days, please do submit a claim, but be careful as the notes state-

"You may only submit a Missing Commission Claim after 42 days of opening a Santander account and no later than 70 days"

If you were to do this before the 42 day period is up, we would simply put it 'on ice' until then.

I hope that this helps but please get back to me if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,
    John
    • johnk
    • By johnk 16th Apr 13, 11:39 AM
    • 422 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    johnk
    Hi, John, TCB normally tracks very quickly for me (thank you!) but these few days i have three transactions yet to track (which worries me a bit). The click-throughs are all recorded in my account (you see them if you go through the "claim" link). Is there any delay at the moment on reporting tracks on your side? I also have a claim over 4-month old on a transaction from last year that's still waiting for merchant. I "nudged" once - should I "nudge" again and wait a bit longer? Thanks a lot.
    • bevally
    • By bevally 16th Apr 13, 12:45 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 1,072 Thanks
    bevally
    Message for John
    Hi John,

Few things!

1. I have a missing casback claim for Vistaprint, submitted 9th Jan, so now over 3 months - could this be looked into please.

2. Made a purchase from Game cashback has tracked but at purchase price minus VAT. I know a lot of merchants do this but it is normally clear on their page, couldn't see it on the Game page. Not a big difference in cashback, so not a massive deal, just think it should be clear.

3. Big from me for instore cashback. Item purchased yesterday, confirned within 1hr of uploading receipt & payable today. So thanks, TCB!

Thanks John for always replying
    Originally posted by bevally
    Further to the above
    I have received contact re: the missing cashback claim for Vistaprint. The claim has been declined stating 'cashback cannot be traced' & that they cannot prove that the sale was due to a TCB referral.

I completely understand that cashback is never guaranteed but situations such as this are particularly frustrating when i have the confirmation email (timed at 13.02) & on your website my last click to Vistaprint is the same date, timed at 12.04.

It seems that despite such clear evidence merchants are free to claim whatever reason they like in order to decline cashback which just appears dishonest. I am presuming there is nothing that can be done about this.

Also, any news re Game +/- VAT???
    Thanks
    Bev
    Afternoon Everyone,

@bevally, I can see that this is frustrating given that you have the confirmation. The merchant does have the final say, but I have asked the claims team to look into this a little further. I do hope that they manage to overturn this or at least get some more information. They will post on your claims thread as soon as they have an update.

Regarding Game, cashback is not paid on the VAT portion of a sale and I will get a note added to make this clear.

@johnk, there haven't been any specific tracking delays reported, but it can take up to 7 days for a transaction to track. If yours is still missing after this point, please lodge a claim, but also get back in touch as I may be able to advise further.

Nudges direct the claims team's attention, but are not generally responded to. If you like, please send an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk and I will get you an update.

Best wishes,
    John
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,305Users online

Martin's Twitter