Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 23rd Jan 13, 3:39 PM
    • 8,097Posts
    • 20,004Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Forum Introduction Guide official discussion
    • 23rd Jan 13, 3:39 PM
    Forum Introduction Guide official discussion 23rd Jan 13 at 3:39 PM

MSE Official Update:

In April 2015 we launched a new Forum design. If you'd joined the Forum before then you have the choice of using either the old green or new blue versions. If you joined after you are using the new blue version. This Forum Introduction Guide is a guide to the old green Forum.

A new guide is in the pipeline. Meanwhile, this discussion is here for reference for any forum users still using the old green version.

--------------------------------
    Hi everyone!

This thread's specifically for discussing the Forum Introduction Guide. Feedback is welcome. Please reply below to let us know your thoughts.

Just click 'reply' to discuss it

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 06-11-2015 at 9:29 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 7
    • Bekahlina
    • By Bekahlina 25th Jan 17, 6:18 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bekahlina
    Help
    I have a question about tax that I want to ask the forum. How do I do this?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 25th Jan 17, 6:50 PM
    • 6,741 Posts
    • 6,690 Thanks
    pogofish
    Originally posted by Bekahlina
    You follow the instructions in the FIG.
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 25th Jan 17, 10:00 PM
    • 2,035 Posts
    • 11,235 Thanks
    Misslayed
    Originally posted by Bekahlina
    I've sent you a PM (Private Message), hope it helps.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • suejquinn
    • By suejquinn 28th Jan 17, 5:55 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    suejquinn
    I can't see the new thread button when I click on a forum.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 28th Jan 17, 6:22 AM
    • 746 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    I can't see the new thread button when I click on a forum.
    Originally posted by suejquinn
    Welcome to the forums suejquinn.

On this forum it's top left between Sub Forums and Threads in Forum, (which are highlighted in dark green.)

Other forums - top left above Threads in Forum, (highlighted in dark green.)

hth

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • theshed
    • By theshed 31st Jan 17, 8:57 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    theshed
    Hi
    I have posted before so should know how to, but I forget and cannot find any help on the introduction guide.
    Any guidance appreciated.
    Thank You
    • Gloryb
    • By Gloryb 31st Jan 17, 9:07 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gloryb
    I am a new member. I am in the new forum and I'm trapped. Please where is the Log out button??? I have been logged in for over 90 mins and I can't find it anywhere.
    • BargainGalore
    • By BargainGalore 1st Feb 17, 10:01 AM
    • 3,163 Posts
    • 2,731 Thanks
    BargainGalore
    Logout button

See below link

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5568251
    • Graham Readman
    • By Graham Readman 4th Feb 17, 10:30 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Graham Readman
    mortgage protection and ppi
    We took out a mortgage with HSBC in 2001, it came with Mortgage Protection. Can I claim PPI on the Mortgage or the Protection
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 4th Feb 17, 10:50 AM
    • 6,741 Posts
    • 6,690 Thanks
    pogofish
    We took out a mortgage with HSBC in 2001, it came with Mortgage Protection. Can I claim PPI on the Mortgage or the Protection
    Originally posted by Graham Readman
    Why not get it all back? - If you can't understand the FIG basics, then HSBC were very remiss in giving you a mortgage in the first place.

No get thee to an appropriate forum.
    • Carole thistleton
    • By Carole thistleton 5th Mar 17, 12:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carole thistleton
    IAccidently made an in app purchase on a game called toyblast can I cancel the payment on my debit card
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 13th Mar 17, 8:15 PM
    • 51,232 Posts
    • 21,647 Thanks
    grumbler
    The correct places to ask would be Budgeting & Bank Accounts
    or Consumer Rights boards.

In short, no, you can't 'cancel the payment' unless it was fraudulent/unauthorised (neither was the case).

For goods bought online there is a cooling-off period, but, AFAIK, not for software (unless it's faulty) - see MSE article Consumer Rights Armour

EDIT: I misread 'in-app' purchase as 'app purchase', so the above advice might be not correct.

Have a look at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/advanced-search.php?q=in-app%20purchase&searchtype=guides, but I think you are extremely unlikely to get a refund.
    Last edited by grumbler; 13-03-2017 at 9:49 PM.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 13th Mar 17, 9:39 PM
    • 7,932 Posts
    • 17,224 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    Welcome back, grumbler.
    • Barneyboyz336
    • By Barneyboyz336 16th Mar 17, 10:12 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Barneyboyz336
    Made open a business account because of bad credit.
    This is the first time I have ever done a post so I'm not sure if it's in the right place. So firstly let me apologise in advance and also just say hello to everyone! This started a few years ago my bank of Ireland account was closed down so I went to Ulster bank to open a new one. I seen the manager at the time and was told I would have to open a business account as my credit was poor at that time. This was 13 years ago and I have been paying quarterly for 13 years for an account I never wanted to open or needed as I never ran a business. Would I be able to reclaim my money if they see no business was ever ran from this account? Thank you for your time and again I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 16th Mar 17, 10:57 AM
    • 7,932 Posts
    • 17,224 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    Barneyboyz336,
    your post will probably be seen by more people, and get a better response, if it were on the 'Bank Accounts' board.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20
    (A board is just a sub-division of a forum. We are currently on the 'Site Feedback' board of the MSE forum.)
    There are people who read that board who are pretty much experts in that area ... many who work in banks, some who have been branch managers.
    In fact, there are so many threads, about so many different aspects of banking, on that board that I would not be surprised to find that this issue has already been raised there by someone else.

If this had been a separate new thread (rather than a post in an existing thread), I would have suggested that you contact a Board Guide and ask them to move the thread to the other board. Clearly they can't do that here.

It might therefore be best if you go to the Bank Accounts board, and see if there is an appropriate existing thread there to ask your question on - or start your own new thread there.

You can also try using the 'forum search' option to find related threads from the past, but it would not be immediately obvious which search terms to use to pin things down.
    Last edited by Mandelbrot; 16-03-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    • Barneyboyz336
    • By Barneyboyz336 16th Mar 17, 12:48 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Barneyboyz336
    Oh thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me I'm very grateful I will try and do that now. As I said I never ever posted anything anywhere before but I will try. Thank you again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,255Posts Today

7,337Users online

Martin's Twitter