Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 23rd Jan 13, 4:39 PM
    • 8,328Posts
    • 20,433Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Forum Introduction Guide official discussion
    • 23rd Jan 13, 4:39 PM
    Forum Introduction Guide official discussion 23rd Jan 13 at 4:39 PM

MSE Official Update:

In April 2015 we launched a new Forum design. If you'd joined the Forum before then you have the choice of using either the old green or new blue versions. If you joined after you are using the new blue version. This Forum Introduction Guide is a guide to the old green Forum.

A new guide is in the pipeline. Meanwhile, this discussion is here for reference for any forum users still using the old green version.

--------------------------------
    Hi everyone!

This thread's specifically for discussing the Forum Introduction Guide. Feedback is welcome. Please reply below to let us know your thoughts.

Just click 'reply' to discuss it

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 06-11-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 2
  • SLP123
    I have a question I want to ask and can't see anyway of being able to do this...
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 6th Oct 13, 2:00 PM
    • 67,660 Posts
    • 124,664 Thanks
    torbrex
    I want to learn a lot here and hope to have a good friend who can share something useful information
    Originally posted by rendy78f9b194
    smells like a new spammer has joined the forum
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 6th Oct 13, 5:07 PM
    • 10,973 Posts
    • 14,302 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    smells like a new spammer has joined the forum
    Originally posted by torbrex
    Yes, and check out their signature.

It might be just me because I'm getting old and cynical, but I smell a large pile of anchovies...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
  • debcraze4
    Hi
    How do I post a topic onto a forum?

Thanks Deb
  • Slowhand
    Hi
    How do I post a topic onto a forum?

Thanks Deb
    Originally posted by debcraze4
    Navigate to the forum and click on the 'New Thread' button on the top left of the page.
  • Piscescat
    New post problem!
    Just signed up but although I can access forums there is no way I can see where to post something.
    Originally posted by cranefly
    Thank you cranefly - I've just spent about 20 minutes trying to find out how to post a question!!!!!!!! There might be something already here but don't want to spend time searching through existing fora/posts!!!!!

How do we do it???

Piscescat x
  • Josie407
    I'm just new to this forum... Well it's the first forum I've used. So I have to post replies or be a member for a certain time before I'm able to ask a question on the main forum?? Thanks
  • Errata
    I'm just new to this forum... Well it's the first forum I've used. So I have to post replies or be a member for a certain time before I'm able to ask a question on the main forum?? Thanks
    Originally posted by Josie407
    Welcome to MSE. You've just posted your first question
    You can post a question or post a reply on any forum.
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
  • SaveMoney2014
    Confused.com!!! New question to ask! Really need a response - quickly
    Thank you cranefly - I've just spent about 20 minutes trying to find out how to post a question!!!!!!!! There might be something already here but don't want to spend time searching through existing fora/posts!!!!!

How do we do it???

Piscescat x
    Originally posted by Piscescat

I too have been online, but for a lot longer than 20minutes, trying to figure out how to start a new thread without other topics.

A response from someone; anyone would be much appreciated.

I'll ask my 2 questions here, if I may?:

1 - is it worth me waiting for new years day "sales" to buy a macbook pro at currys, with a student discount? or is it worth me just going to the apple store? i feel so confused about what to do, as im not sure whether Currys will give a discount on the PC in addition to it, possibly, being on sale as well. Any ideas - anyone?

2 - does anyone know of any websites that will tell me the most reliable brand of fridge freezer and TV - not which, who would like to take £9.99 from me for the privilege

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can reply with a lead. Also, I need the info, like yesterday, as I need to buy the products before I leave London at the beginning of the new year.
    Mission is to save in 2014
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 31st Dec 13, 2:41 AM
    • 67,660 Posts
    • 124,664 Thanks
    torbrex
    I too have been online, but for a lot longer than 20minutes, trying to figure out how to start a new thread without other topics.

A response from someone; anyone would be much appreciated.

I'll ask my 2 questions here, if I may?:

1 - is it worth me waiting for new years day "sales" to buy a macbook pro at currys, with a student discount? or is it worth me just going to the apple store? i feel so confused about what to do, as im not sure whether Currys will give a discount on the PC in addition to it, possibly, being on sale as well. Any ideas - anyone?

2 - does anyone know of any websites that will tell me the most reliable brand of fridge freezer and TV - not which, who would like to take £9.99 from me for the privilege

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can reply with a lead. Also, I need the info, like yesterday, as I need to buy the products before I leave London at the beginning of the new year.
    Originally posted by SaveMoney2014
    I can't help you with your questions I'm afraid but starting a new thread is quite easy.

1. Find the board on the Forum Index most suited to the question you are asking and open that board by clicking on the title ie. Student Money Saving for your first question or Techie Stuff for your second one.

2. When the board opens, you will see a button like this at the left hand side just above the second green toolbar, click on it to start your thread.

This information is in the guide but I hope that I have been of some help in simplifying it.
  • joc - stockport
    help - Parking eye yet again, I parked in Aldi, went in shop, out again within 33 minutes, got a ticket through the post from parking eye saying I overstayed, and didn't put my car reg details in machine on exit in Aldi, is this a ticket or and invoice? Do I have to pay?, i know there are old post on here, but they are closed. I don't want to end up facing a larger "ticket"
    someone advise me with correct information please
  • Niesen AB
    Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance
    I am confused - is this totally different to PPI and if so can you claim for miss-selling even if you want to continue with the product due to threat of impending redundancy?

NB I have no idea if this is posted in the right place as I couldn't download the video - is this available to download as a text guide?
    Last edited by Niesen AB; 07-02-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot to add the NB
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 7th Feb 14, 3:27 PM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 4,742 Thanks
    Biggles
    I assume this thread is to ask existing users what they think of the Forum Introduction Guide.

That being the case, I think it's not a very good idea to include a fracking great big link to this thread on a page of the main site aimed at new users. They might come on here in great numbers and not know why. Er, as they have.
  • hadenoughconsumer
    Utility companies taking your account without your consent
    Please be vigilant!
    I found out from my current duel fuel provider (EON) that my account had been transferred to First Utility, without my knowledge or permission!
    Make sure you check that this has not been done to you!
  • Judithkay
    Posting a new thread?
    My god, the video is so slow, but not clear how to post a new thread! I'm so frustrated!
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 21st Mar 14, 9:47 PM
    • 67,660 Posts
    • 124,664 Thanks
    torbrex
    My god, the video is so slow, but not clear how to post a new thread! I'm so frustrated!
    Originally posted by Judithkay
    and yet you started one 50 minutes before you posted this.
  • Conifers
    Anglo Wealth
    Does anyone know about Anglo Wealth and if it's safe to invest my money in it?
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 8th May 14, 3:26 PM
    • 51,388 Posts
    • 21,755 Thanks
    grumbler
    Investing is never safe.

You have chosen probably the worst place at MSE for asking this question.
    I think Savings & Investments board is a much better place.

I assume this thread is to ask existing users what they think of the Forum Introduction Guide.

That being the case, I think it's not a very good idea to include a fracking great big link to this thread on a page of the main site aimed at new users. They might come on here in great numbers and not know why. Er, as they have.
    Originally posted by Biggles
    MSE like asking for a feedback, but hardly ever listen as many months later and with this thread full of erroneous posts the link seems to remain where and how it was shortsightedly placed originally.
    Last edited by grumbler; 08-05-2014 at 4:08 PM.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • retset
    got a question
    How do you post new threads? PLEASE HELP.
  • Satc
    flight cancellation - KLM
    Hi,

My KLM flight was cancelled in 2010 and I want to submit my claim online but the "Contact Customer Care" form - departure date hasn't got a drop down for year 2010. Does anyone know KLM complaint/claim address please?

Many thanks

Satc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,617Posts Today

5,269Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin