Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvystudent
    • By savvystudent 22nd Jan 13, 8:30 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 470Thanks
    savvystudent
    Qmee - making money searching the web
    • 22nd Jan 13, 8:30 AM
    Qmee - making money searching the web 22nd Jan 13 at 8:30 AM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

You might also like to read our fully researched Top Cashback Sites guide.

Back to savvystudent's original post...

Has anyone used Qmee.com? I signed up last week via an invite and so far have cashed out £4.30 to my Paypal, and everything looks legit.

The idea is that you install an app in your browser which when you search using Google, Bing, Amazon or eBay sometimes text ads will appear next to the results along with an amount you get for clicking on them. Tends to be around 7-15p depending on the search.

It's still in beta and invite-only but I know there's a few codes around. This is the one I used and still seems to be working https://www.qmee.com/?invite=C9D41FA5
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-07-2016 at 3:03 PM.
Page 3
    • vampire-girl
    • By vampire-girl 1st May 13, 2:22 PM
    • 4,311 Posts
    • 6,865 Thanks
    vampire-girl
    I'm also thinking of installing on IE rather than on my main browser Chrome
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 1st May 13, 2:57 PM
    • 5,955 Posts
    • 11,894 Thanks
    katykicker
    Joined today, on 36p I've put it on Google Chrome as I've checked the privacy policy and seems fine to me Thanks for this post!
    • The_Jakal
    • By The_Jakal 7th May 13, 1:08 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 2,896 Thanks
    The_Jakal
    Joined today, on 36p I've put it on Google Chrome as I've checked the privacy policy and seems fine to me Thanks for this post!
    Originally posted by katykicker
    Good luck on increasing the profit Katy.

Just remember to spend a little time on the site, add things to basket etc... rather than clicking and leaving!
    • LarLar
    • By LarLar 7th May 13, 1:39 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    LarLar
    I can't seem to sign up using that code as it's been used so much is there any others? thankyou

EDIT : Managed to find a sign up code

do you just search anything?
    Last edited by LarLar; 07-05-2013 at 1:48 AM.
    Goals (Christmas 2014 Journey Started 29th June 2014)
    Savings - £170 - £1,000 by 31/07/14
    Debt - £1,400 - £1,784 by 1/01/14
    Swag - 0,764/4,949sb 0/4 by 25/12/14 Freebies 0/100
    Online Earnings - £0.00 /£100 Vouchers - £0/£100
    • Samzyzg
    • By Samzyzg 7th May 13, 11:19 AM
    • 102 Posts
    • 934 Thanks
    Samzyzg
    I'm having problems with it on chrome, trying to figure out if maybe its one of my settings but whenever I try click on an ad it won't load at all.
    Currently trying to find a way to download it for another web browser but can't seem to find that on Qmee either =/
    Anybody have any ideas?
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 7th May 13, 4:50 PM
    • 5,955 Posts
    • 11,894 Thanks
    katykicker
    Good luck on increasing the profit Katy.

Just remember to spend a little time on the site, add things to basket etc... rather than clicking and leaving!
    Originally posted by The_Jakal
    Thanks, all my searches so far have been genuine ones I'm on 88p or something, better than nothing , especially as I've not been online much this weekend and I have forgotten this is on my browser until an ad appears
    • Malti
    • By Malti 3rd Jun 13, 7:57 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Malti
    Hit and miss
    I'm finding Qmee very hit and miss - very lucky to get 2 x 5p a day, most of the time don't get anything. If anyone who is sucessfull at this wants to do a guide it would help the rest of us, ie how long you leave it between a search, what search terms you use, etc.

Their opinion and my opinion of 'searching naturally' obviously differs!
    • tuttifruiti20
    • By tuttifruiti20 4th Jun 13, 3:01 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 19,936 Thanks
    tuttifruiti20
    Just signed up recently, made over £2 already, all helps doesn't it!
    • Blackpepper1
    • By Blackpepper1 5th Jun 13, 1:42 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    Blackpepper1
    I like this it is good as long as you use it for genuine searches. Most of the time I forget it is on there and then their search results come up and I earn a bit of cash. Since we all search for things anyway it is good to earn something for using it.
    I joined on 26th May and already I have earned £1.61 for a total of 26 clicks.
    So just use it as you normally would and when you do click a result spend time on the site clicking around rather than coming off it straightaway.
    I like the fact you can request your cash owed anytime you want no minimum amount to reach.
    A very nice little earner.
    Blogging and earning online.
    • sofaman
    • By sofaman 5th Jun 13, 7:28 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    sofaman
    Thanks op.

When I signed up, they ask you which search engine do you use (Google, Amazon or eBay). I opted for Google. Is it possible to still use this with the other two and still get credit?
    • scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 5th Jun 13, 11:38 PM
    • 6,335 Posts
    • 10,322 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Thanks op.

When I signed up, they ask you which search engine do you use (Google, Amazon or eBay). I opted for Google. Is it possible to still use this with the other two and still get credit?
    Originally posted by sofaman
    Seems to, I just joined today and have recieved results on searches on both google and amazon after clicking to try it on google during the sign up process.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
    • Blackpepper1
    • By Blackpepper1 6th Jun 13, 1:46 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    Blackpepper1
    I have also had results come through on Amazon as well as Ebay.
    I requested my £1.61 this morning and it was in my Paypal Account in a few minutes.
    Blogging and earning online.
    • jonparr
    • By jonparr 13th Jun 13, 1:50 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    jonparr
    I signed up last week and got my invite yesterday and installed on Firefox. Used it on google, ebay and Amazon and got 78p in 1 day without really trying. Do agree that you need to explore the sites a bit when they show up on google and not just click on the link then close it down.
  • mikecmr
    just installed this on my old laptop, it asked me to sync my paypal account is this ok to do?
  • debtfree27thmay
    just installed this on my old laptop, it asked me to sync my paypal account is this ok to do?
    Originally posted by mikecmr

Mikecmr, I have been using Qmee for a couple of months. I've earnt just over £15 so far and it gets paid into my Paypal acct instantly. HTH
  • mikecmr
    always a bit untrusting when it comes to access to my accounts but im going to keep a close eye on it might change my password everytime I cash out just to be safe earnt 90p so far today not going to make me rich but goes in the xmas pot!
    • rebeccaharris31
    • By rebeccaharris31 14th Jun 13, 9:59 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    rebeccaharris31
    Hi, hope someone can help, please .....

I've downloaded the app, but after closing Internet Explorer as per the instructions, only Google comes up - there's nothing to say that Qmee has been installed. Is there something that I've missed doing, am I being even more thick than usual, or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help received.

Rebecca
  • mikecmr
    Hi, hope someone can help, please .....

I've downloaded the app, but after closing Internet Explorer as per the instructions, only Google comes up - there's nothing to say that Qmee has been installed. Is there something that I've missed doing, am I being even more thick than usual, or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help received.

Rebecca
    Originally posted by rebeccaharris31
    do you not see a small toolbar with a green Q in internet explorer?
    • rebeccaharris31
    • By rebeccaharris31 14th Jun 13, 2:47 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    rebeccaharris31
    do you not see a small toolbar with a green Q in internet explorer?
    Originally posted by mikecmr
    Hi - no I don't. Have just looked in Manage Add-Ons on IE and seen that Kango/Qmee isn't verified - could this be the problem? And if so, how do I go about rectifying it?

Thanks very much.
  • mikecmr
    mine also says not verified but it still works, I would try downloading the software again.

I have been searching all day and not had one result yet, waste of time
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

916Posts Today

6,958Users online

Martin's Twitter