Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cutestkids
    • By cutestkids 2nd Jan 12, 3:03 PM
    • 1,637Posts
    • 8,146Thanks
    cutestkids
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ?
    • 2nd Jan 12, 3:03 PM
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ? 2nd Jan 12 at 3:03 PM
    Hi I know that there is a what have you baked today, what is in your slow cooker today and the weekly meal planner threads already but there does not seem to be a What are cooking for dinner tonight thread.

I just wondered if anyone would like to join me in this perhaps we can get tips and inspiration from each other.

To start us off I am doing Homemade chilli with spicy wedges today

I have made a huge vat of chilli there is enough for the four of us to have 4 meals so will be freezing three lots later on.
    Last edited by cutestkids; 02-01-2012 at 3:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    1 Sealed Pot Challenge # 1480
    2 Stopped Smoking 28/08/2011
    3 Joined Payment A Day Challenge 3/12/2011
    4 One debt vs 100 days part 15 £579.62/ £579.62New challenge £155.73/£500
    5 Pay off as much as you can in 2013 challenge!£6609.20 / £7500
Page 2180
    • katkin
    • By katkin 20th Mar 17, 8:05 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 6,653 Thanks
    katkin
    Home late from work, I had far to travel and ferries were involved. Just about to pop defrosted freezer roast pork and cabbage, leeks and bacon into the oven. LO new tatties for hubby can get roasted off in there too. I even found a wee portion of apple sauce all portioned and wrapped with the pork in the freezer. Hungry so looking forward to it.

I love my freezer!
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 21st Mar 17, 7:30 AM
    • 11,122 Posts
    • 140,804 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Tomato and Basil Soup for lunch using some of our frozen tomatoes (of which there are a lot) with roast chicken for me and toast for He Who Knows and supper this evening is going to be a Quorn Steak strip and Mushroom Stroganoff using 0% Greek yoghurt served with green salad and new potatoes and I've some tinned peach slices in juice with more 0% Greek yoghurt to fill gaps if there are any after that!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 21st Mar 17, 3:55 PM
    • 2,886 Posts
    • 33,139 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Dinner tonight is Turkey Escalopes with Ham and Cheese with Salad and Coleslaw
    CURRENTLY READING A SPRING AFFAIR - MILLY JOHNSON
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2017 £20
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2017 - £410/£667
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 21st Mar 17, 3:56 PM
    • 4,419 Posts
    • 44,819 Thanks
    Jazee
    I'm off out with DD for an Italian.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! (#20)Mar £878.67 Total £3623.08/£12000
    Crazy clothes challenge 2017 (#29) £165.19/£365
    Money spent on garden £58.68

• kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 21st Mar 17, 5:06 PM
    • 7,291 Posts
    • 45,638 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Going retro again tonight with a rerun of last week's fish in the bag with rice and veg - finally feeling like eating 'normal' food again after the half marathon.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 21st Mar 17, 5:17 PM
    • 3,309 Posts
    • 30,385 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Use it up night here - bit of Stilton, some drying bacon and a wrinkly pepper

Bacon and Stilton Gnocchi with HM seeded bread

Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

March GC £250/£312.00
    • kboss2010
    • By kboss2010 21st Mar 17, 7:40 PM
    • 1,062 Posts
    • 7,053 Thanks
    kboss2010
    HM burritos with paprika & pea rice served with salsa & yoghurt.
    "I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum
    'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. Tapping

I'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there
    ~ Lifehouse
    • katkin
    • By katkin 21st Mar 17, 9:03 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 6,653 Thanks
    katkin
    Another late dinner so it was a quick I need something now. Used up veggie bits from the fridge with little bacon and cheese for quesadillas with salad and make it up as I go salsa with tomatoes, jar jalapeño, cucumber and red onions - that was yummy. Must do it again.
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 21st Mar 17, 9:25 PM
    • 2,831 Posts
    • 24,026 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Bits from fridge to use up, cold chicken, cold sausage and quiche, plus mixed salad and a few oven chips. I made my first bread maker sourdough loaf today and had my chips dripping with butter as a chip butty, not had one for ages - so yummy. Very pleased with the load too.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 21st Mar 17, 10:04 PM
    • 2,848 Posts
    • 16,786 Thanks
    JIL
    Ready meal quorn shepherds pie for me pork chops for husband. Loads of veg. Tinned apples and custard for afters.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 22nd Mar 17, 7:12 AM
    • 11,122 Posts
    • 140,804 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Lunch today will be the rest of yesterdays quorn stroganoff (surprisingly delicious!) with some rice and salad for He Who Knows and salad for me and supper tonight will be oven cooked bacon chops with low fat cauliflower cheese on top served with oil spray roasted new potatoes and steamed green beans, sugar snap peas and broccoli. 99 calorie yoghurt for pudding.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • redlady_1
    • By redlady_1 22nd Mar 17, 9:36 AM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 13,680 Thanks
    redlady_1
    Ive taken some belly pork out of the freezer...does anyone have any idea as to what I can do with it please?
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 22nd Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 7,291 Posts
    • 45,638 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Ive taken some belly pork out of the freezer...does anyone have any idea as to what I can do with it please?
    Originally posted by redlady_1
    Our very own IM has a recipe for Shanghai style braised pork - not sure if I'm allowed to post blog links or not but you can find a link to it via IslandMaids profile I believe.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• redlady_1
    • By redlady_1 22nd Mar 17, 1:13 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 13,680 Thanks
    redlady_1
    I know the blog as there are many yummy things on it so will investigate! Thanks
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 22nd Mar 17, 1:36 PM
    • 14,509 Posts
    • 114,663 Thanks
    JackieO
    Tonights dinner will be a battered piece of cod from the freezer and a few of the beer battered chips that have been in there since adam was a ald plus some mushy peas and for pud I have a bowl of HM semolina pudding and some gloopy custard to top it off with.Real comfort food for a cold wet 'n'windy day
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
    Love Food, Hate Waste, for Lent.
    Spent so far this month £3.78 second spend today bringing my total for the month to £25.13
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 22nd Mar 17, 3:02 PM
    • 982 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    Roast vegetable tart from Mr T with salad, hummus, coleslaw and potatoes. Volunteered at food bank today so will need an easy tea.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • purpleybat
    • By purpleybat 22nd Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 1,029 Thanks
    purpleybat
    my longed for cauli cheese turned into a cauli/potato/leek/mushroom and tomato cheese yesterday so there are leftovers of it today with a rogue pork chop I found in the freezer.
    tomorrow I'm thinking of making a batch of Bolognese sauce that'll do for 2 days with some portioned up ready for longer days.
    but I do have some cauli left and thinking what to do with it
    gc jan 148.59/150 feb 134.58/150 mar 148.35/160
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 22nd Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 3,309 Posts
    • 30,385 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Thanks for the mention Kerri - Redlady that recipe is lush

Tonight's dinner was steak pie and Mash - local butcher makes the most delicious pies, one of hubby's favourites.

Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

March GC £250/£312.00
    • Bumblebear
    • By Bumblebear 22nd Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    Bumblebear
    First post here - 5 ingredient wonder this evening, felt poorly all day today, sick and shaky for unknown reasons. Spaghetti, shredded cabbage, 2 Linda McCartney veggie sausages, 2 chopped sundried tomatoes from a jar (with 1 tsp of the oil as a dressing), topped off with a little grated cheese. Surprisingly nice.

Pretty unhealthy but I feel better for it and saved some time for evening chores. Also got me in front of News24 quicker
    • C J
    • By C J 22nd Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 989 Posts
    • 4,320 Thanks
    C J
    Clearly influenced by Mary Berry making this on her 'Everyday' programme recently, I've just made a leek, cheese and potato puff pastry pie which is nearly ready and smells lovely. Pudding is Aldi Super Six plums gently stewed with a little cinnamon and served with Greek yogurt.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,468Posts Today

8,958Users online

Martin's Twitter