Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 16
    • consumers_revenge
    • By consumers_revenge 24th Jun 10, 1:49 PM
    • 2,855 Posts
    • 1,513 Thanks
    consumers_revenge
    O2 E160 is not locked.
    Originally posted by Donnie
    Nice! will try my tmob sim in there later.
    • clareski
    • By clareski 27th Jul 10, 1:48 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    clareski
    Zte mf112
    I am using this with my 3 contract. Can I unlock this and use an O2 PAYG sim card (which I have just got) for when I am not in a 3 signal area, and the use the 3 sim card the rest of the time?

Sorry if this is a daft question, thought I would ask the experts before I started to mess around with it myself.
  • Donnie
    I am using this with my 3 contract. Can I unlock this and use an O2 PAYG sim card (which I have just got) for when I am not in a 3 signal area, and the use the 3 sim card the rest of the time?

Sorry if this is a daft question, thought I would ask the experts before I started to mess around with it myself.
    Originally posted by clareski
    Have no idea if the firmware here will work with the ZTE MF112.
  • stilltheone
    T-Mobile Mobile Broadband USB Stick 120 (ZTE MF626)

Pink £9.78

Unlocking instructions in the first post.... or you can use the alternative and use a generic connection manager/Dashboard.
  • matt987106
    does anyone still have the .zip on the PC ? ? ? as i need to unlock mine

thanks
    matt
  • TakeThis
    does anyone still have the .zip on the PC ? ? ? as i need to unlock mine

thanks
    matt
    Originally posted by matt987106
    You only had to go back one page

There is both Testra and Globe firmware. The Telstra firmware has more options.
  • TakeThis
    Windows 7 Driver for the Telstra firmware, together with the Installation Guide.
    • KingL
    • By KingL 21st Feb 14, 9:11 AM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    KingL
    Does the Telstra session manager/firmware work with Win 8 ? If no, where will I find one that does ?

TIA
    (Getting ready to wave bye-bye to XP, sob!)

• kar999
    • By kar999 21st Feb 14, 11:52 AM
    • 634 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    kar999
    Couldn't get mine to word with Windows 8 (which I hate with a passion!)
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 21st Feb 14, 5:32 PM
    • 10,287 Posts
    • 4,380 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    Windows 8 Drivers

Install the modem firstly and then run the .exe file in the package above in order to install the Windows 8 Drivers.
    • KingL
    • By KingL 25th Feb 14, 1:08 PM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    KingL
    Thanks - while we're on the subject - are there drivers etc for it with Ubuntu as an OS ?

• KingL
    • By KingL 5th Jun 14, 5:07 PM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    KingL
    FWIW here's my experience - Windows 8.1 baulked at the above exe (unsigned drivers), but found its own set the next time I ran Windows Updates. All running fine on W8.1 (along with the telstra call manager) now.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 5th Jun 14, 10:15 PM
    • 5,440 Posts
    • 2,533 Thanks
    LeeUK
    FWIW here's my experience - Windows 8.1 baulked at the above exe (unsigned drivers), but found its own set the next time I ran Windows Updates. All running fine on W8.1 (along with the telstra call manager) now.
    Originally posted by KingL
    Nothing to stop you installing "unsigned" software, just lower the security settings in the control panel. Personally I like to make my own choices so I have the settings set to low, but obviously if you're not good with computers then that could be a risk if you're the type who easily picks up malware, toolbars, and junk like that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,808Posts Today

7,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin