Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 5:51 PM
    • 3,844Posts
    • 2,916Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Magazine offers - DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY
    • 4th Aug 08, 5:51 PM
    0 WOW
    Magazine offers - DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY 4th Aug 08 at 5:51 PM
    This thread is a discussion thread for the Magazine offers - 3 for £1, free gifts etc which can be found here.

Please only discuss it on this thread and not the main thread as they will get moved over to here.

This has been done so people can quickly see the new offers that have been posted on the magazine thread.

Thanks very much
Page 3
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 29th Aug 08, 4:34 PM
    • 15,581 Posts
    • 321,098 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    Did you get one yesterday with the silly ice-cream toy (ours was broken already in the bag )

My little miracle 02/12/16
    RIP Dad 13/06/17

• TraceyB
    I'm trying to subscribe to some of the BBC 3 for £1 offers given on the offers thread but whilst the offer is on the link given on the other thread - I only get the option of £18ish?

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong!

Cheers
  • ch0ccy
    Just wondering if anyone knows what will happen if you cancel one of the subscriptions which says "minimum term 12 months"? Will the magazine company pass your details to a debt collection agency or any other consequences? TIA!
    • happy2bhere
    • By happy2bhere 1st Sep 08, 10:24 AM
    • 617 Posts
    • 1,871 Thanks
    happy2bhere
    how to cancel my she subsrciption?
    I want to cancel my she subscription....took out the £1 per magazine trial with the magazine group. I've ended up paying for further magazines as despite googling my socks off, I still can't work out who i need to contact to cancel it! Any ideas or thoughts appreciated!!

EDIT... Ok you guys have inspired me to take a few more subscriptions out (as long as i can cancel them before paying full price this time!), but a little confused.

Was thinking of doing a few of the bbc 3 for £1 magazines, but when i take it to the checkout it comes up as "save 50% - paying just £18.60 for 12 issues by direct debit". So how does the payment thing work? Do they take out the £1 first, giving me time to cancel before making payment for the rest of the subscription?

Sorry if being a bit dim, just a little cautious this time around!!
    Last edited by happy2bhere; 01-09-2008 at 10:44 AM.
    November wins...a book, a designer handbag (worth £550 ) and a game. I am now an addict and thank everyone for taking the time to share and post.
    • fizzyhelen
    • By fizzyhelen 1st Sep 08, 12:43 PM
    • 8,331 Posts
    • 916,081 Thanks
    fizzyhelen
    I want to cancel my she subscription....took out the £1 per magazine trial with the magazine group. I've ended up paying for further magazines as despite googling my socks off, I still can't work out who i need to contact to cancel it! Any ideas or thoughts appreciated!!

EDIT... Ok you guys have inspired me to take a few more subscriptions out (as long as i can cancel them before paying full price this time!), but a little confused.

Was thinking of doing a few of the bbc 3 for £1 magazines, but when i take it to the checkout it comes up as "save 50% - paying just £18.60 for 12 issues by direct debit". So how does the payment thing work? Do they take out the £1 first, giving me time to cancel before making payment for the rest of the subscription?

Sorry if being a bit dim, just a little cautious this time around!!
    Originally posted by happy2bhere
    Hi
    What I have always done is that as soon as they have taken out the first direct debit, I just cancel the dd on my online banking. On the 3 for £1 etc mags, they take out the £1, then you cancel your direct debit. I have been doing this for a few years now and I've never had a problem.
    HTH
    Helen
  • Bumble_bee
    Please can someone tell me how long after they subscribed did they cancel the dd for the 3 mags for £1 offer? i dont want to do it too late and get charged more but dont want to do it too early and not get any mags. I only signed up for them today!
    thanks
  • Bumble_bee
    oh Helen, sorry just read your msg-how did you know when the first dd payment is taken out-do you get an email?
    • happy2bhere
    • By happy2bhere 1st Sep 08, 5:29 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 1,871 Thanks
    happy2bhere
    Thanks Helen, put my mind at ease! So, am i right thinking that you never cancel subscriptions with the company, just cancel the DD? Don't they chase you up as a non-payer, as surely its bound by a contract of some sort that you agree to initially?! Gonna try your way anyhow!
    November wins...a book, a designer handbag (worth £550 ) and a game. I am now an addict and thank everyone for taking the time to share and post.
    • fizzyhelen
    • By fizzyhelen 1st Sep 08, 7:41 PM
    • 8,331 Posts
    • 916,081 Thanks
    fizzyhelen
    oh Helen, sorry just read your msg-how did you know when the first dd payment is taken out-do you get an email?
    Originally posted by Bumble_bee
    Hi Bumble_bee
    I just check on my online banking statement; also you should receive a letter by post and that usually tells you when the first payment will be coming out of your account.
    Helen
    • fizzyhelen
    • By fizzyhelen 1st Sep 08, 7:42 PM
    • 8,331 Posts
    • 916,081 Thanks
    fizzyhelen
    Thanks Helen, put my mind at ease! So, am i right thinking that you never cancel subscriptions with the company, just cancel the DD? Don't they chase you up as a non-payer, as surely its bound by a contract of some sort that you agree to initially?! Gonna try your way anyhow!
    Originally posted by happy2bhere
    I've never cancelled with the company and I've never had any trouble
    • Mumto2
    • By Mumto2 3rd Sep 08, 9:48 AM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    Mumto2
    Cbeebies Update!
    Well, still dropping through letter box, along with a letter explaining that the bank rejected the direct debit ( how on earth did that happen :rolleyes: ).

Have written a lovey reply saying I had taken it as part of a 3 for £1 trial, only to discover it is a bit young for my dd.

Anyone been brave enough to ring them?

First time I've had a letter despite taking out at least 20 subs & cancelling.
    Now proud Mumto3
  • kerrydrobertson
    im still getting them too, not that im complaining!
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 3rd Sep 08, 12:55 PM
    • 15,581 Posts
    • 321,098 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    Just got another one here today too, not opened it yet though!

RIP Dad 13/06/17

• orchid-96
    I cancelled my dd with my online banking as soon as the inition £1's were taken, however I have noticed that the company has tried to take out some money but it has been paid back in by the bank as 'unpaid' (which is good) however I am now worried that the mag companies will be chasing me for money...
    Jun GC £250.00/£12.40 NSD 3 / 30

January 200/198.91 February 200/239.28 March 200/230
    April 250/no idea May 250/265.95

Sealed pot challenge number 648
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 5th Sep 08, 6:17 PM
    • 15,581 Posts
    • 321,098 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    Just ordered the Marie Claire 6 for £6 offer with free Body Shop set worth £40

AND

Junior £9.99 for 3 with free ELC Breakfast In Bed set

so hopefully that's 2 more Christmas presents sorted

EDIT: Scrap that, can't get the Junior one to work after clicking through with my details it says

Offer closed

I'm sorry, but according to our records this offer has now closed.
    Please check the promotion details.
    If you have entered the wrong Source code please click to re-enter. For other offers and overseas subscription rates please click here .
    If you wish to email our Online Helpdesk, either click HERE, giving the Source code, details of the offer and where you saw it advertised or simply call the telephone number given on the promotion.
    Thank you for your interest in our magazine and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by princessmoneysaver; 05-09-2008 at 6:21 PM.

RIP Dad 13/06/17

• mintymoneysaver
    • By mintymoneysaver 6th Sep 08, 4:10 PM
    • 3,471 Posts
    • 17,761 Thanks
    mintymoneysaver
    Just noticed my mags have started to dry up so I've subscribed to Tatler ( free Molton Brown) Marie Claire ( free body shop) and Psychologies ( always fancied trying that one) total cost £18 with £5.80 back from quidco hopefully.
    Before now I've always made a list of free gifts etc but I've now resolved to also write down what date they'll finish so I know when to look out for new offers again.
    Haven't paid full price for a magazine in over 18 months now!
    • kiera123
    • By kiera123 7th Sep 08, 1:18 PM
    • 690 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    kiera123
    Just wondering, has anyone actually received the Brylcreem styling kit from Maxim yet? Thanks!
    • fizzyhelen
    • By fizzyhelen 8th Sep 08, 9:52 AM
    • 8,331 Posts
    • 916,081 Thanks
    fizzyhelen
    Just wondering, has anyone actually received the Brylcreem styling kit from Maxim yet? Thanks!
    Originally posted by kiera123
    Hi
    No I haven't, thanks for the reminder, I'll have to chase them up.
    Helen
    • Trow
    • By Trow 8th Sep 08, 1:59 PM
    • 2,259 Posts
    • 2,588 Thanks
    Trow
    Just got my Missoni fragrance through today - the thing is, I also got it on Saturday! I didn't know they were doing a two for one..
  • woodys wonders
    Has anyone who has cancelled after the cheap 3 or 6 been chased by mag company when it states min 12 month subscription?
    Just I fancy Marie Claire offer.
    Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,214Posts Today

6,823Users online

Martin's Twitter