Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
    • A little stressed!!
    • By A little stressed!! 17th Aug 08, 11:37 AM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    A little stressed!!
    The terms on the fill in your details page say

6 Months Direct Debit @ £16.80 + FREE Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Set, 1st 6 Issues @ £6.00

So what is coming out of my bank month 1? £2.80 (£16.80 / 6) or just the £1?
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 17th Aug 08, 12:10 PM
    • 15,570 Posts
    • 321,013 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    The first payment will be £6 then the next payment will be 6 months later which will be £16.80.

They don't take the payment every month so it won't be £1 a month or £2.80 a month but they will take the whole payment for that 6 month period in one go HTH

EDIT to add yes you will need to stay for the whole 12 months otherwise they can (I don't know if they will) ask you to pay the FULL we months sub price.
    2017 wins - £5 amazon voucher

My little miracle 02/12/16

• A little stressed!!
    • By A little stressed!! 17th Aug 08, 12:21 PM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    A little stressed!!
    Ok, thank you I won't bother as I'm not that into the mag, just wanted the 8hour cream!! So all subscribe2 ones you have to stay for the 12 months? But most of the others let you cancel at any time? I only spotted this today! A new moneysaving trick to add!
    • dinglebert
    • By dinglebert 17th Aug 08, 1:19 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    dinglebert
    Done quite a few of these 3 issues for £1. Why is it even though I absolutely tick the do not phone me box they always phone and always in batches. I will get 3 or 4 phone calls in a two day period about different magazines. They do quickly regret the decision to phone. I've resorted to putting a false number in.
  • misseypootle
    I'm confused! I want to subscribe to Elle 6 issues for £6 but it says minimum sub. 12months, do I have to stay for 12 months, or can I cancel my DD after the 6? Thank you
    Originally posted by A little stressed!!
    Hi, yes I have cancelled a couple of these after the trial period with no problems at all. Just remember to cancel your DD with your bank. I normally cancel my DD about a week after its been taken out as i still receive all the rest of the mags and then I wont forget. You can check online with most of the magazines how many issues you have left to receive. With my current Elle sub it states on the web page which issue is my last one and also that the DD has been terminated. Hope this helps. I think as long as you cancel it in time you wont have any problems.
    • sophie131
    • By sophie131 21st Aug 08, 11:18 AM
    • 827 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    sophie131
    Hiya!
    Can someone who got the free Elemis bits with Instyle let me know what size bits you get?
    Thanks
    • Woodyrocks
    • By Woodyrocks 21st Aug 08, 3:34 PM
    • 1,894 Posts
    • 1,549 Thanks
    Woodyrocks
    I got full sized 'bits' Soph
    Savings target: £12,000 by February 2017!
    Total so far: £6562.73...(June 2016)
    Total so far: £7127.68...(Oct 2016 - the summer was very hard )
    • balancesummer
    • By balancesummer 23rd Aug 08, 8:20 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    balancesummer
    Anyone has good offer on VIZ, my current one( for my husband ) expire soon,
    Thanks
  • sharica
    Hiya!
    Can someone who got the free Elemis bits with Instyle let me know what size bits you get?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by sophie131
    50ml day cream and 50ml nightcream.. Just come back from Italy and there they were waiting

No Mag Yet
    Lovely ..

Shaz...xxx
    • dawny10
    • By dawny10 26th Aug 08, 11:21 AM
    • 237 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    dawny10
    Grazia offer
    Hi all
    I got sent the Philosophy gift set with my Grazia subscription, rather than the Wella straightners I had applied for, and as I recall a few people had the opposite problem!

Is anyone interested in swapping incorrect gifts?!
    • Woodyrocks
    • By Woodyrocks 26th Aug 08, 2:08 PM
    • 1,894 Posts
    • 1,549 Thanks
    Woodyrocks
    Hi all
    I got sent the Philosophy gift set with my Grazia subscription, rather than the Wella straightners I had applied for, and as I recall a few people had the opposite problem!

Is anyone interested in swapping incorrect gifts?!
    Originally posted by dawny10
    Sure you will definitely have someone up for swapping as quite a few people gone done over with this deal. I didn't apply so afraid I can't help though
  • samina99
    I got the Bronzing kit last week from Glamour and yesterday the Elizabeth Arden goodies....from Elle yay!
    • A little stressed!!
    • By A little stressed!! 27th Aug 08, 2:24 PM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    A little stressed!!
    when did you order your Elle? my first issue is due Sept 3rd, I can't wait for my Arden goodies!!
    • Mumto2
    • By Mumto2 27th Aug 08, 5:05 PM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    Mumto2
    Cbeebies trial
    Did anyone else sign up for the Cbeebies magazine under the BBC mags 3 for £1? I did, have had at least 6 mags now as they come out every week. DD was definately cancelled, so I'm guessing that as it's weekly it takes a while for info to feed through the process - happy kids over the holidays
    Now proud Mumto3
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 27th Aug 08, 5:28 PM
    • 15,570 Posts
    • 321,013 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    Same here Mumto2

• Woodyrocks
    • By Woodyrocks 27th Aug 08, 7:21 PM
    • 1,894 Posts
    • 1,549 Thanks
    Woodyrocks
    Did anyone else sign up for the Cbeebies magazine under the BBC mags 3 for £1? I did, have had at least 6 mags now as they come out every week. DD was definately cancelled, so I'm guessing that as it's weekly it takes a while for info to feed through the process - happy kids over the holidays
    Originally posted by Mumto2
    Ooh, DD would have loved that. Let me know if it comes round again
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 27th Aug 08, 7:51 PM
    • 15,570 Posts
    • 321,013 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    Woodyrocks I think the offers still on, I'll go have a look for you.

EDIT Yes here it is

https://secure2.subscribeonline.co.uk/bbcmagazines-rd/canvas.cfm?canvas=oss_SSALE08B
    Last edited by princessmoneysaver; 27-08-2008 at 7:56 PM.

• Woodyrocks
    • By Woodyrocks 27th Aug 08, 10:57 PM
    • 1,894 Posts
    • 1,549 Thanks
    Woodyrocks
    Thanks PMS. Much appreciated.
  • samina99
    when did you order your Elle? my first issue is due Sept 3rd, I can't wait for my Arden goodies!!
    Originally posted by A little stressed!!
    It was either the 7th or 8th August...the subscription was for my Sis B'day and the goodies for me!! When I first tried the link it didn't work...then I put the source code in and happy days! Hope u get your goodies soon...there were 3 bottles!
    • lifeslove
    • By lifeslove 29th Aug 08, 4:24 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    lifeslove
    Same here Mumto2
    Originally posted by princessmoneysaver
    And here, took out 2 subscriptions, 2 boys so it was easier than the fighting over one mag, cancelled subscription but still getting mags
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

1,557Users online

Martin's Twitter