Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Magazine offers - 3 for £1, free gifts etc ONLY POST OFFERS HERE
    • 4th Aug 08, 5:46 PM
    0 WOW
    Magazine offers - 3 for £1, free gifts etc ONLY POST OFFERS HERE 4th Aug 08 at 5:46 PM
    This is a continuation of the previous thread here.

PLEASE ONLY POST OFFERS HERE DISCUSSION POSTS SHOULD BE PLACED ON THE NEW THREAD HERE

The following note is from Martin:

Now I'll probably be struck out of the NUJ for writing this. However magazines use a host of marketing tricks to get us to sign up, and often stay subscribed even if we're not reading their magazines.

Yet active MoneySavers can use this to their advantage. There are lots of different types of deals, but most effectively say "sign up by direct debit" and we'll give you three or six mags for free (or for £1). Sometimes you may get a free gift too.

Their aim

Their aim is you forget to cancel the DD whether you like the mag or not, after all a subscribers a subscriber.

MoneySavers aim

Sign up. Read the mag. Cancel the direct debit at the end of the trial and possibly sign up for another trial with the same magazine all over again. Of course we shouldn't kill the magazine industry. Don't repeat this too often. if you are a loyal follower then get your subscription - it's always substantially cheaper than buying it again and again in a newsagents anyway.

More about the list below

Below is a categorised list of magazines with these type of offers, based on information provided from MoneySavers. It's sectioned into subject categories and sub-sectioned into offer types. Of course offers change, so do check the terms and conditions before you sign up.

Please continue to post your magazine spots and periodically (forgive the pun) we'll update this list

Last edited by saintscouple; 04-08-2008 at 5:53 PM.
Page 3
    • crazygirl
    • By crazygirl 15th Aug 08, 9:18 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    crazygirl
    Are there any cycling magazine offers? Especially with free gifts rather than £1 for 3, etc. Thanks.
    • Buggins
    • By Buggins 15th Aug 08, 9:35 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    Buggins
    Hi - Just tried this but it now says "offer closed". Should have looked at MSE earlier!!!
    • Clowance
    • By Clowance 16th Aug 08, 7:40 AM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 1,116 Thanks
    Clowance
    GoodHousekeeping Mag - 3 for £3 offer - offer has now closed, 7.40am Sat 16/8
    Don't forget quidco/topcashback - I do!
    • misseypootle
    • By misseypootle 16th Aug 08, 10:08 AM
    • 299 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    misseypootle
    GoodHousekeeping Mag - 3 for £3 offer - offer has now closed, 7.40am Sat 16/8
    Originally posted by Clowance
    paste the link into a new browser window and it should work
    • cte1111
    • By cte1111 16th Aug 08, 8:01 PM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 374,591 Thanks
    cte1111
    Vogue 6 issues for £9 with free gift of Missoni Colori fragrance (can choose from Arancia/Orange, Giallo/Yellow, Gianduia, Rosa/Pink)
    http://www.subscription.co.uk/home/mpurchase.asp?m=84&src=5455
    • cte1111
    • By cte1111 16th Aug 08, 8:14 PM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 374,591 Thanks
    cte1111
    Tatler 3 issues for £6 with free gift of an Opi nail set
    http://www.subscription.co.uk/home/mpurchase.asp?m=90&src=4417

(from the picture in the banner that I clicked on, it looks like 3 Opi nail varnishes, but when I've subscribed to a similar Opi offer before it was a mini manicure set plus 3 varnishes, so maybe this too)
  • jodyemma
    Vouge 6 for £9 + free choice of missoni fragrance
    www.subsciption.co.uk/vogue code is 5455 (dont use the link.)
    you get a choice of 4 fragrances
    worth around £45
    Last edited by jodyemma; 16-08-2008 at 11:05 PM.
  • proteg
    3 issues for £1 (more at 3 issues for ¬£1)

Mens Fitness Magazine
    Eventing Magazine
    Heritage Homes Magazine

Free (more at free magazines )

Business Xl Magazine
    Last edited by proteg; 18-08-2008 at 7:09 AM.
  • Debt Free Dreamer
    Marie Clare

12 issues for £12 Save 69% on full price of £39

http://www.magazinesubscriptionsipc.com/ipc/subs/subsorder.asp?title=XMC&promcode=i089

Might sign up later......
    I want to be credit card and loan free by Christmas 2010
    • pa2539
    • By pa2539 20th Aug 08, 5:13 PM
    • 4,768 Posts
    • 1,397,292 Thanks
    pa2539
    Glamour magazine 6 copies for £6
    There is a deal on at the moment where you get 6 months of glamour magazine sent to you home for £6. No minimum subscription. You just have to remember to cancel it a month before.

If you go through quidco (www.quidco.com), national magazines have increase their rate to £5.80 so in fact it's costing you 20p for 6 copies of the magazine delivered.

I also found a code if you don't go through quidco, it is 2009 and you receive a free rimmel tanning set but couldn't find anywhere to put it through quidco.

Enjoy!
    • RacyRed
    • By RacyRed 21st Aug 08, 12:10 AM
    • 4,520 Posts
    • 9,254 Thanks
    RacyRed
    I had an email from Magazine group today offering PC Pro and a free tool kit.

PC Pro DVD edition
    http://www.magazine-group.co.uk/magazine-group/categories/computers-and-tech/12016796/pc-pro-dvd-edition.thtml?cmp=E-TMG-0808

SAVE UP TO 93%

PC Pro is the UK's biggest selling PC monthly magazine and your source of professional IT news, reviews and tests. With every issue of the DVD edition you'll get free software applications and exclusive content!

Direct debit offer of 3 issues for £1 is then followed by payments of £19.99 every 6 issues

There is a 3 month subscription option with this one

My first reply was witty and intellectual but I lost it so you got this one instead
    Proud to be a chic shopper
  • elfmay
    Yearly subscription to scarlet magazine.

http://www.scarletmagazine.co.uk/subscribe/

Just to warn, this is a womans ADULT magazine, so if you are easily offended please don't click!

Also you have to pay via credit/debit card. From £22.99 to £35yr. Comes with free 'toy' worth £25 or free 'pleasure pack' worth £50 depending on sub.

Iv had a sub with them for past 10mths or so with no prob, simply because forgot to cancel after taking out free trial via quidco. Of course i'll be renewing simply for the quality of the articles!
    I need someone really bad! Are you really bad?
  • mummyd
    think this has gone now
    www.subsciption.co.uk/vogue code is 5455 (dont use the link.)
    you get a choice of 4 fragrances
    worth around £45
    Originally posted by jodyemma

not working now
    • mrcow
    • By mrcow 22nd Aug 08, 8:58 PM
    • 14,427 Posts
    • 30,435 Thanks
    mrcow
    not working now
    Originally posted by mummyd
    It's working fine

As specified, don't use the link (copy and paste it) and make sure you spell subscription correctly
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 22nd Aug 08, 9:13 PM
    • 15,581 Posts
    • 321,098 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    Lots to chose from here all 3 issues for £3

http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/displaystore.asp?sid=3486

Includes (plus others)

Closer, Grazia, Heat, Match, More, Mother & Baby, Pregnancy & Birth, Top Sante, Yours

My little miracle 02/12/16
    RIP Dad 13/06/17

• mummyd
    must be !
    It's working fine

As specified, don't use the link (copy and paste it) and make sure you spell subscription correctly
    Originally posted by mrcow

cant for the life of me get it to work :confused:
    thanks for your help
  • Joto
    Vogue 6 issues for £9 with free gift of Missoni Colori fragrance (can choose from Arancia/Orange, Giallo/Yellow, Gianduia, Rosa/Pink)
    http://www.subscription.co.uk/home/mpurchase.asp?m=84&src=5455
    Originally posted by cte1111

Have you tried this link? it's still working
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
    • mrcow
    • By mrcow 23rd Aug 08, 4:21 PM
    • 14,427 Posts
    • 30,435 Thanks
    mrcow
    cant for the life of me get it to work :confused:
    thanks for your help
    Originally posted by mummyd
    We'll get you this deal!!

Try typing in www. in your internet address bar, and then copy and paste the following text: subscription.co.uk/home/mpurchase.asp?m=84&src= after the www. bit. It honestly does work. Perhaps you need to clear cookies if you've already been blocked once before you try again?
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • mummyd
    thank you very much
    thanks for your time and effort
    i did it!

just hope the perfumes nice now. went for the rosa
    • balancesummer
    • By balancesummer 23rd Aug 08, 8:17 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    balancesummer
    Sorry .Post on the wrong link.
    Last edited by balancesummer; 23-08-2008 at 8:19 PM. Reason: Post on the wrong link
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,130Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin