Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 1st Aug 16, 1:54 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Affect Energy
    • 1st Aug 16, 1:54 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Affect Energy 1st Aug 16 at 1:54 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Affect Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 2
    • tecstar
    • By tecstar 20th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    tecstar
    So today they took their first DD in advance. I spoke to my old supplier and the gas has switched already. Just got to wait for the electricity. I need my DD to go out on the 2nd of the month, so need to speak to Affect about changing the date. Thing is They say next payment is due 20th April, but I need my next payment to be 2nd May. I hope they don't make me pay in April and May. I've already paid twice in March!
    • Chrishazle
    • By Chrishazle 21st Mar 17, 9:27 AM
    • 377 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    Chrishazle
    What is a 3 phase supply please? Have never heard the term before.
    Originally posted by katejo
    Not normally found in domestic premises, more for business premises, I think our cul-de-sac has it because most of the houses originally had electric storage heating. With 3 phase I believe you can connect across 2 phases to get supply at 400+V instead of the normal 240V, so run more powerful machinery. I'm not an electrician (hate electricity with a purple passion!). It can be useful, occasionally we have had a supply interruption on 1 phase rather than all 3, but it can cause head scratching - I recently installed powerline adapters for my BB/BTTV, the router was on 1 phase and the TV on another so needed 3 adapters to get the signal to the TV (and a hole in the wall to get a cable from the back of the router to a power point in the living room!).
    • Chrishazle
    • By Chrishazle 21st Mar 17, 9:28 AM
    • 377 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    Chrishazle
    Tecstar, I think if you log into your account online you can change your DD date there.
    • katejo
    • By katejo 23rd Mar 17, 3:06 PM
    • 2,903 Posts
    • 1,115 Thanks
    katejo
    Not normally found in domestic premises, more for business premises, I think our cul-de-sac has it because most of the houses originally had electric storage heating. With 3 phase I believe you can connect across 2 phases to get supply at 400+V instead of the normal 240V, so run more powerful machinery. I'm not an electrician (hate electricity with a purple passion!). It can be useful, occasionally we have had a supply interruption on 1 phase rather than all 3, but it can cause head scratching - I recently installed powerline adapters for my BB/BTTV, the router was on 1 phase and the TV on another so needed 3 adapters to get the signal to the TV (and a hole in the wall to get a cable from the back of the router to a power point in the living room!).
    Originally posted by Chrishazle
    Yes I googled it and concluded that I was unlikely to have it. Haven't yet contacted Affect. keep nearly doing it and then putting it off !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,736Posts Today

8,304Users online

Martin's Twitter