Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneyfoolish
    • By moneyfoolish 20th Mar 17, 1:01 PM
    • 409Posts
    • 249Thanks
    moneyfoolish
    Savings Champion
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:01 PM
    Savings Champion 20th Mar 17 at 1:01 PM
    I used this website to look at best savings rates and the Rate Tracker section to consolidate all my savings. I thought it was very good but 7 months ago my Rate Tracker login stopped working soon after I had added a new savings account. I spent all my working life in IT before I retired and immediately thought that I had blown a limit in the program for the number of accounts. I was told that other people had the same problem and that the IT system was being upgraded in approxiimately 6 weeks. However, despite many emails to and from the company I am still not able to get into the application and am still locked out! Does anybody else use Savings Champion Rate Tracker and had a similar problem?
Page 1
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 20th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    • 11,693 Posts
    • 9,976 Thanks
    jimjames
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    I've seen Savings champion mentioned many times in articles and it seemed a bit pointless to me as it didn't show any of the accounts paying the best rates which appeared to be the whole purpose of it. Unfortunately as a result I've not used it since.
    Last edited by jimjames; 20-03-2017 at 1:17 PM.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 20th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    • 3,040 Posts
    • 3,459 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    This is Money have a decent league table that seems to be regularly updated. No login required

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1583859/Best-savings-rates-General-savings-Internet-branch.html
    • moneyfoolish
    • By moneyfoolish 20th Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    • 409 Posts
    • 249 Thanks
    moneyfoolish
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    I've seen Savings champion mentioned many times in articles and it seemed a bit pointless to me as it didn't show any of the accounts paying the best rates which appeared to be the whole purpose of it. Unfortunately as a result I've not used it since.
    Originally posted by jimjames
    That's not my experience as I've compared it with other sites and it's always shown the best rates although limited to the top 5 in each category.
    • moneyfoolish
    • By moneyfoolish 20th Mar 17, 1:45 PM
    • 409 Posts
    • 249 Thanks
    moneyfoolish
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:45 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:45 PM
    This is Money have a decent league table that seems to be regularly updated. No login required

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1583859/Best-savings-rates-General-savings-Internet-branch.html
    Originally posted by ColdIron
    You don't need a login for Savings Champion either if you're only looking at rates. A login is only needed if you're entering all your savings accounts and that, sadly, is what is not working for me!
    • picks
    • By picks 20th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    picks
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    Also consider https://moneyfacts.co.uk/.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 20th Mar 17, 5:11 PM
    • 11,693 Posts
    • 9,976 Thanks
    jimjames
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:11 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:11 PM

This seems to have the same issue I mentioned. I clicked on it and none of my accounts are shown there. It's probably great if you have £100k to find a home for but with £10k current accounts are the most logical home to get the best rate and they're not mentioned in the best buy table.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • moneyfoolish
    • By moneyfoolish 21st Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    • 409 Posts
    • 249 Thanks
    moneyfoolish
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    This seems to have the same issue I mentioned. I clicked on it and none of my accounts are shown there. It's probably great if you have £100k to find a home for but with £10k current accounts are the most logical home to get the best rate and they're not mentioned in the best buy table.
    Originally posted by jimjames
    There is certainly a section for "High Interest Current Accounts" in the Savings Champion "Best Buy Tables". It's also referred to as "Personal Current Accounts".
    Last edited by moneyfoolish; 21-03-2017 at 8:45 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

231Posts Today

1,219Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: We are filming tomorrow in Torremolinos! If you're in the area, head to Branigans on Av. Palma de Mallorca between 5pm-6.45p?

• RT @mmhpi: ??The money and mental health manifesto - 10 steps to boost #mentalhealth & financial #wellbeing for Britain #GE2017 https://t.c?

• In Spain in a restaurant ready for filming in Torremolinos tomorrow (do come and see us if you're there) watching #mcfcmufc #CTID

• Follow Martin