Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    • 8,268Posts
    • 20,324Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Quidco Question and Answers
    • 8th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    0 WOW
    Quidco Question and Answers 8th Jun 11 at 11:14 AM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone.

We're very aware from past discussion threads that issues surrounding the collapse of the DGM affiliate network and the non-payment of cashback is still an issue that people feel needs discussion. We're entirely happy for people to discuss it on this separate DGM discussion thread so that it doesn't prevent other forum users getting the answers they need to their other queries. In the past this has often clogged up other threads with pages of posts and has disrupted the question and answer format for other users.

So we're going to start things from scratch, with a clean slate, with two separate discussion threads, one for DGM discussion, one for cashback questions for Quidco (this one).

Please remember though, libellous posts including any implication of fraud, lying, cheating aren't tolerated on this forum. Where they're reported to us they'll be removed and we will stop user accounts that keep pushing acceptable boundaries as we are liable.

Again, any posts made about DGM on this or other threads will be removed when reported and if persistent will result in further action on that user account.

Please also remember to keep on topic. This is for people to ask about Quidco. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please help us with this.

Finally a reminder that MSE has no special relationship with Quidco. It's included in our Cashback Sites guide along with other cashback sites so we take comments to the contrary very seriously.

Thanks
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:52 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 165
  • quidco Company Representative
    Quidco have been useless via their own support site, so maybe a little public bashing will get the required response.

I purchased a Vodafone contract in September, it tracked and all was fine. The order went through, but due to a Vodafone system error, the order was cancelled and then reordered without me knowing about it (i only found this out after some digging around to get my cash back). In light of this, i raised a claim as naturally the claim declined, supplying the original web order number via the quidco tracking system, and the secondary order number. Vodadones local area manager has looked into it his side (i contacted them about it via the local store, and he confirmed that Vodafone had ok'd the claim) quidco have blankly refused to be of any use, and have been down right rude to me, treating me like a child in their copy and paste email responses. I want not only my missing transaction to be paid, but also want compensation for the hours of my life i have wasted doing all of the leg work that quidco failed/didn't want to do. I expect a response asap to this urgent matter before i consider my options within the small claims court.

Scott Williams. Quidco member for 5 years
    Originally posted by motters.scott
    Hi @motters.scott

I managed to find your account and can certainly understand the frustration caused.

This is the last thing we want and honestly, we stand nothing to gain from declined cashback, which is why we also get frustrated when cashbacks is declined.

This is not done aggravate or frustrate you ...that's the last thing we'd want to do.

We did try to chase this further but the response unfortunately remained that claim was declined because the order was amended and we were made to the we were not seen as having been part of the sale so the the commission that forms your cashback will not be paid to us.

As I am sure you can understand that we can not pass on any cashback that we have not received following a retailer's decision on a claim, which we have to take as final.

This forms a large part of the reason why we can never guarantee cashback.

Apologies for not being able to provide a more positive response on this occasion.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Quidco Company Representative
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    Yesterday I bought the Aunt Bessie desserts and a bottle of Guinness and uploaded my receipt to clicksnap as usual, 4 receipts. After I pressed submit we usually get an ID number which I write on the receipt incase of problems.
    Worryingly there was no ID number so I had no certainty that the receipt had been accepted but I thought it must just be a fluke.
    This morning there is no sign of the receipt tracking so I uploaded it again. And again no ID number.

If there is a problem with Quidco would it not be better to put some sort of warning message on the website asking people to hold off uploading receipts until its fixed?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Hey @mhoc

Sorry to hear that you have had that issue.

Are you able to get in touch with us via Twitter or Facebook so we can look at your specific account and take a look at that for you.

Kind regards,

Joseph
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    • voodooflux
    • By voodooflux 17th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    voodooflux
    When a cashback is declined for competing cookies and the cashback is paid to another referral body, we are not provided with details of where that cashback was paid to.
    Originally posted by quidco Company Representative
    The issue here Joseph is that for the life of me I can't see how there could be a competing cookie - I hadn't previously clicked through to Tesco from any other referral site! Something is definitely not right here, and I'm getting the runaround from both Quidco and Tesco.

I'm awaiting another reply from Tesco, but if that proves to be fruitless then I'll have no alternative other than to raise this with the Financial Ombudsman.
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 19th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Hey @mamabuddah,

I am sorry that you have not received that bonus. I can can not locate your account with the details on this thread to sort that for you.

I will however be look into that should you send a message to members@quidco.com with the subject line: 'FAO Social Team MSE' along with the concerns raised in your posts here.

As regards your premium membership concern: To explain, before 15th April 2013, all accounts were subject to £5 being retained from your annual earnings.

On 15th April we introduced the free, Basic account. The normal account then became the Premium account, so your account hasn't changed as such.

If you would like to downgrade to the free basic account, I can certainly arrange this for you with no issues at all, and you will not be charged any further £5 retention fees in addition to a refund of this year's retained amounts.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    All very well, but I'm convinced that all those years ago you had the opportunity to either opt in or opt out, I remember thinking at the time it wasn't worth the fiver as I was in the process of "jumping ship" to join TopCashback instead, as the £5 didn't seem to get you much...which with hindsight seems to be the case....
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 21st Mar 17, 1:47 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 22,974 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    could the quidco rep please let us know what is going on with clicksnap.i uploaded 2 receipts for the guinness for mine and my oh`s accounts on thursday but still no sign of them in the accounts.brought the amstel today paid at £1.68 instead of the £2 i paid.nobody replying to queries on facebook or to a claim i put in last week for missing energy cashback from last year.worrying.
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 21st Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    I think Quidco needs to get their act together....after complaining on here about their lack of urgency in sorting their £10 bonus promised in November (last year) and emailing their "web team" on here, and the various support messages, they now have a cheek to ask "what bonus....was it in an email, was it on a web page (what's the link?)

Quidco, you advertised from memory, it was a while ago, via an email, with a link to the Quidco site, offering £10 bonus for purchases from argos by clicking on your link on your site...if it helps I think the offer ended on or about the 23rd november

DO REMEMBER WHAT YOU OFFERED NOW,

Incidently, I'm not the only person that hasn't been paid via the Offer YOU (QUIDCO) made.
    Last edited by mamabuddah; 21-03-2017 at 6:38 PM.
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    • yellow44
    • By yellow44 21st Mar 17, 9:19 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    yellow44
    I think Quidco needs to get their act together....after complaining on here about their lack of urgency in sorting their £10 bonus promised in November (last year) and emailing their "web team" on here, and the various support messages, they now have a cheek to ask "what bonus....was it in an email, was it on a web page (what's the link?)

Quidco, you advertised from memory, it was a while ago, via an email, with a link to the Quidco site, offering £10 bonus for purchases from argos by clicking on your link on your site...if it helps I think the offer ended on or about the 23rd november

Incidently, I'm not the only person that hasn't been paid via the Offer YOU (QUIDCO) made.
    Originally posted by mamabuddah
    That's quite concerning, I am another waiting for 2 Argos payments which are still showing as pending from 20th November.
    If I recall correctly it was 10% cashback and was definitely a Quidco special offer.
    The issue here Joseph is that for the life of me I can't see how there could be a competing cookie - I hadn't previously clicked through to Tesco from any other referral site! Something is definitely not right here, and I'm getting the runaround from both Quidco and Tesco.

I'm awaiting another reply from Tesco, but if that proves to be fruitless then I'll have no alternative other than to raise this with the Financial Ombudsman.
    Originally posted by voodooflux
    Hey @voodooflux

I can certainly understand your point of view and empathise with how frustrating that can be, believe me.

It certainly doesn't help that the referral site can range from search engines rather than just other referral sites.

If we could find out the referral commission has been paid to, that would be a welcome change and certainly help in dealing with matters such as these.

I can assure you that positive changes are being made to make the cashback process as flawless as can possibly be so that this happens less.

Nevertheless, I certainly hope that the response from the retailer yields a more positive response.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    could the quidco rep please let us know what is going on with clicksnap.i uploaded 2 receipts for the guinness for mine and my oh`s accounts on thursday but still no sign of them in the accounts.brought the amstel today paid at £1.68 instead of the £2 i paid.nobody replying to queries on facebook or to a claim i put in last week for missing energy cashback from last year.worrying.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Hey @bargainqueen8

We are aware of that Clicksnap matter, and have the tech team on it to try and get that fixed asap.

Responses or updates to claims will often come according the time it takes a retailer to process claims. That processing time will often be listed on the retailer's Quidco page. If that is not listed on the retailer page in question, do let us know and we will check that for you.

Claims will often take more time to be processed compared to normal transactions, due to the fact that various checks and hand-offs have to be conducted by other third parties (including the retailer) to process and approve your claim.

However, as soon as a response is received... You will be the first to know via the notifications on your account.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

Originally posted by mamabuddah
    Hey @mamabuddah,

I have responded top the message that you sent into mebers@quidco.com detailing why you were asked the above question, so do have a look at that when you can and let me know whether my response has arrived.

The reason for that response from our support team was due to a lack of an opt-in to the any November bonuses with Argos in November.

I run a search for your all your opt-ins from November onwards... and was able to find one in December.

This means the system would have only paid a bonus on a qualifying purchase in December rather than November.

I hope this helps in clarifying matters.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    That's quite concerning, I am another waiting for 2 Argos payments which are still showing as pending from 20th November.
    If I recall correctly it was 10% cashback and was definitely a Quidco special offer.
    Originally posted by yellow44
    Hey @yellow44,

We will work to have them processed for you on time, with the rates that were live at the time.

As soon as an update is received to the cashbacks, you'll be the first to know via the notifications/ updates on your account.

Side Note: Like you, I am waiting on a cashback from a 4K TV purchase with Argos in November and can't wait to see that come through too.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    • yellow44
    • By yellow44 22nd Mar 17, 10:00 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    yellow44
    Hey @yellow44,

We will work to have them processed for you on time, with the rates that were live at the time.

As soon as an update is received to the cashbacks, you'll be the first to know via the notifications/ updates on your account.

Side Note: Like you, I am waiting on a cashback from a 4K TV purchase with Argos in November and can't wait to see that come through too.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    You clearly get paid far too much
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 22nd Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Quidco: I have responded to you, I've tried to email you screengrabs I took at the time AND associated emails as this is one of the reasons I went to TopCashback, accuracy in tracking and reliability of payouts and basic housekeeping seems to be a problem during November at Quidco.

Incidently, I opted in at 12:30 on the 18th November and made the purchase at 12:44 just 14 minutes later.
    Last edited by mamabuddah; 22-03-2017 at 1:05 PM.
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 22nd Mar 17, 6:07 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 22,974 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Hey @bargainqueen8

We are aware of that Clicksnap matter, and have the tech team on it to try and get that fixed asap.

Responses or updates to claims will often come according the time it takes a retailer to process claims. That processing time will often be listed on the retailer's Quidco page. If that is not listed on the retailer page in question, do let us know and we will check that for you.

Claims will often take more time to be processed compared to normal transactions, due to the fact that various checks and hand-offs have to be conducted by other third parties (including the retailer) to process and approve your claim.

However, as soon as a response is received... You will be the first to know via the notifications on your account.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

thanks for reply but its 6months since i changed my energy provider i think thats a fair time i have waited.still no sign of the guinness payment.i really think your company should be more open of the clicksnap problems and update people on facebook,much as i would like to buy some of the other offers i am reluctant to do so as i am not confident of payment.
    Please be assured that the Clicksnap issue will be resolved soon, however I am very sorry for any frustration that this is causing you in the meantime.

It sounds like we need have a look in your account to check your energy cashback and get your receipts processed. Can you send your queries over to members@quidco.com and put FOA James in the subject line and I'll gladly look into these issues for you.

Kind Regards,

James
    Hey,

I just checked your account and it looks the the £10 was added yesterday. If you just log in and check your payments page you should be able to see it.

If this is not the case then just respond to your members@ email and we will gladly look into this further for you.

Kind Regards,

James
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 23rd Mar 17, 2:25 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 22,974 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Please be assured that the Clicksnap issue will be resolved soon, however I am very sorry for any frustration that this is causing you in the meantime.

It sounds like we need have a look in your account to check your energy cashback and get your receipts processed. Can you send your queries over to members@quidco.com and put FOA James in the subject line and I'll gladly look into these issues for you.

Kind Regards,

James

hi,thanks for offer but i have already raised a query a few days ago so someone is looking into it,hopefully they will be able to sort my energy cashback out.
    • keiran
    • By keiran 23rd Mar 17, 2:35 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    keiran
    I had assumed that all quidco members got the same offers on clicksnap. But my brother gets different offers, I now notice (e.g. I'll get free Amstel beer, but he'll get £1 off an Amstel beer).

Is this as expected, and is there any reasoning behind it?
    Hi,

I am sorry for any frustration that this has caused you. I have just downgraded your account and you should see a £5 refund within the next 24 hours on your payments page.

I am sorry again for the way that we have handled this matter as it is the last thing we want our members to experience. If you have any issues in the future then you can always get in touch via a support ticket.

Regards,
    James
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 24th Mar 17, 11:46 AM
    • 645 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Hi,

I am sorry for any frustration that this has caused you. I have just downgraded your account and you should see a £5 refund within the next 24 hours on your payments page.

I am sorry again for the way that we have handled this matter as it is the last thing we want our members to experience. If you have any issues in the future then you can always get in touch via a support ticket.

Regards,
    James
    Thank you James 🍻
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

232Posts Today

1,302Users online

Martin's Twitter