Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 5th Aug 08, 7:48 PM
    • 3,839Posts
    • 2,916Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)
    • 5th Aug 08, 7:48 PM
    0 WOW
    Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged) 5th Aug 08 at 7:48 PM
    Time for a fresh new thread, a continuation of THIS thread.

This is a chance to share your success stories of contacting companies as a matter of a complaint, compliment, or simply requesting a freebie.

I recently sent an email to our companies sponorship department for any olympic material they could spare, and i recieved 2 dozen sport drink bottles, and a load of inflatable wave sticks.
    It actually arrived by external post, with a postage paid label to the value of £9.60!

I also sent an email to the British Olympic Association, and recieved half a dozen large posters, and also a dvd-rom all about the olympic movement.
Page 152
    • Matley2
    • By Matley2 20th Jan 17, 2:25 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Matley2
    We recently had a mess when a Coleman Season and Shake bag split during preparation. We emailed them with a rather humorous detailing of events... They emailed us within 12 hours with a big sorry for our 'sausage apocolypse' and sent us £3 in vouchers in the post
    • summertreats
    • By summertreats 26th Jan 17, 12:04 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 3,108 Thanks
    summertreats
    box full of smoothies for a compliment and lots and lots of vouchers
    september wins:khaled hosseini kindle case
    • Lexxx82
    • By Lexxx82 30th Jan 17, 11:28 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Lexxx82
    I filled in an online survey after ordering from Domino's and mentioned a problem I had when ordering, and they emailed me back and added £20 credit to my account. Not bad from an order of £8.50!
    MOC: McCain, Cineworld, Ariel, Goodfellas, Youngs, Gu, Richmond, Heinz, Quorn, Ben & Jerry's
    • sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 16th Feb 17, 9:03 PM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 1,953 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    I've had no o2 signal again due to upgrades for the past 3 days at work. I rang up and complained, they applied £10 credit to my account. Over half the months contract so I'm happy with that
    • Lexxx82
    • By Lexxx82 6th Mar 17, 10:33 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Lexxx82
    I expressed my concerns to NAT buses in South Wales after some pretty poor service over the course of a week and (after chasing), they sent me a free weekly ticket and voucher for another at reduced price.
    MOC: McCain, Cineworld, Ariel, Goodfellas, Youngs, Gu, Richmond, Heinz, Quorn, Ben & Jerry's
    • nanto3girls
    • By nanto3girls 7th Mar 17, 12:06 PM
    • 5,041 Posts
    • 80,519 Thanks
    nanto3girls
    I sent a compliment to Farmfoods, about one of their shop assistants,
    within 2 days they sent me a £5 voucher.
    SPC #55
    • dazedandconfused_123
    • By dazedandconfused_123 7th Mar 17, 4:41 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    dazedandconfused_123
    Made a genuine complaint to Rimmel cosmetics, they asked for the product back and sent me two products in return.

So, my faith in Rimmel has been restored and I honestly think companies like honest feedback as it gives them chance to investigate the problem.
    Thanks to all posters for your never ending help and support

• magsmorris
    • By magsmorris 10th Mar 17, 12:36 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 5,634 Thanks
    magsmorris
    Haven
    I too had numerous problems till I contacted John Dunford saying had been loyal for decades but no more and wE going to post to social media sect telling them how bad it was about 2 days later got call from his office and given next holiday at any of their parks with free up grade free which we did and then realised most parks,went down hill but email is. John.dunford@bourne-leisure.co.UK
    • KieranDJ
    • By KieranDJ 14th Mar 17, 7:53 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KieranDJ
    Received a crate of Henderson's Relish after sending complementary letter and advising that I could not find any to purchase in my area!
    _________
    Kieran- Viva La Noche.
    • CAZBEAR
    • By CAZBEAR 14th Mar 17, 8:40 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 687 Thanks
    CAZBEAR
    Coupon from Morissons customer service after complaining about a rude till operator
    Best headline ever on local paper??

"Weight loss group doubles in size"
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 16th Mar 17, 5:59 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 2,462 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    Usually only go into Waitrose for my free coffee, heard a rumor they might start charging soon. So had a look at what they had cheap on the net. Seen the had frozen meatball £3.59 or 5 for £7.
    Went in, at the checkout they came up at £17.95 told them to keep them.
    Sent them email telling them and they said it was an online offer but the till should have reduced it.
    Asked why it did not say online only offer on there website. Lied and told them how embarrassed I was telling them to keep them.
    So they sent me a £10 gift card.
    GONE ENGLAND
    • redagila
    • By redagila 19th Mar 17, 12:46 PM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 14,753 Thanks
    redagila
    Usually only go into Waitrose for my free coffee, heard a rumor they might start charging soon. So had a look at what they had cheap on the net. Seen the had frozen meatball £3.59 or 5 for £7.
    Went in, at the checkout they came up at £17.95 told them to keep them.
    Sent them email telling them and they said it was an online offer but the till should have reduced it.
    Asked why it did not say online only offer on there website. Lied and told them how embarrassed I was telling them to keep them.
    So they sent me a £10 gift card.
    Originally posted by dobbiesloan
    Strange you had a problem with this offer.
    I used it about a week ago and again this morning without any problem, slthough I did mix the products that I bought rather than buy all the same of the dearest item on offer.
    Interestingly I had looked online before going out and the items included have been amended.
    I think I saw somewhere that the offer is on until 22 March if you want to try again - my CS had said they would manually override if it didn't work at the till.
    • xxdiddiexx
    • By xxdiddiexx 22nd Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    xxdiddiexx
    £50 voucher from Hobbs after a £300 coat fell apart after a handful of wears. Also got a full refund.

£220 from southern trains. Compensation for all the ridiculousness that went on last year with their silly and unnecessary strikes and delays.
    • SEANOCTAGAN
    • By SEANOCTAGAN 29th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    SEANOCTAGAN
    Most work some don't - I'm quite philosophical about free gift giveaways - not really worth getting upset about the ones that don't arrive IMO
    • asajj
    • By asajj 29th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    • 4,101 Posts
    • 10,211 Thanks
    asajj
    I both complain and compliment a lot but never receive anything. Usually don't do this to receive anything anyway but I'm amazed by your successes. I got some free tomato seeds recently after applying for them :P
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • MotoringMore
    • By MotoringMore 7th May 17, 7:13 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    MotoringMore
    Complimenting Companies
    With 2 older threads that get no more treatment, if you compliment companies, which do you find to be the most generous with coupons/freebies?
    • Fuzzy Pear
    • By Fuzzy Pear 8th May 17, 6:58 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Fuzzy Pear
    I got £10 worth of vouchers from Unilever when I complained about my stale pot noodle, no amount of water was gonna soften those noodles.
    • Lexxx82
    • By Lexxx82 27th Jun 17, 4:16 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Lexxx82
    With 2 older threads that get no more treatment, if you compliment companies, which do you find to be the most generous with coupons/freebies?
    Originally posted by MotoringMore
    I've always found McCain and Quorn to be generous with vouchers
    • MotoringMore
    • By MotoringMore 25th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    MotoringMore
    Is it time for a new thread for this to reignite the amount of activity?
    Proud Comper & Money Saver Since Summer 2016. Had a few nice wins since then but I always want more wins & bargains
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 26th Jul 17, 6:11 AM
    • 12,506 Posts
    • 39,792 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Is it time for a new thread for this to reignite the amount of activity?
    Originally posted by MotoringMore
    I don't think a new thread will make more people post on it to be honest as the title/idea would still be the same?
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,700Posts Today

7,151Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin