Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    PinkPrincess
    Prezzie ideas needed for a 14 year old 'Emo' girl? Help!
    • 1st Dec 10, 8:57 PM
    Prezzie ideas needed for a 14 year old 'Emo' girl? Help! 1st Dec 10 at 8:57 PM
    I'm finding it really hard to know what to buy for my 14 year old step-daughter for Christmas? She calls herself 'emo' which seems to be a trend amongst her teenage friends but this means I have no idea what to buy her! I've bought her all the obvious toiletries (body sprays, bubble bath etc) which are mostly in blue, green or black colours but that doesn't really amount to a lot!

I've also bought her a few items of clothing that I know (hope) she'll like as well as a Paramore calendar as she's a big fan of them (went to their concert last month for her birthday) but that's about it really!

Please help as I'm really stuck!
Page 3
  • berrybabe
    How about vampire diaries on dvd, or the vampire diary books? Also there's loads of vampire themed books out at the moment!
  • SoniaE
    Just to say..I am in exactly the same position as you... I have bought Converse all stars as requested and Skullcandy headphones. Buy them from here..http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/16436654/Skullcandy-Lowrider-Headphones/Product.html?searchstring=headphones+skullcandy&se archtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=searc h Cheapest place EVER for them!!
  • PinkPrincess
    Just to say..I am in exactly the same position as you... I have bought Converse all stars as requested and Skullcandy headphones. Buy them from here..http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/16436654/Skullcandy-Lowrider-Headphones/Product.html?searchstring=headphones+skullcandy&se archtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=searc h Cheapest place EVER for them!!
    Originally posted by SoniaE
    Thank you! It's nice to know I'm not the only person with this problem! Thank goodness for MSE!
    • wilykit
    • By wilykit 5th Dec 10, 8:24 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 1,307 Thanks
    wilykit
    www.katesclothing.co.uk have some nice things on
    The more one gets to know of men, the more one values dogs.
    • snakesam13
    • By snakesam13 5th Dec 10, 8:26 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 2,073 Thanks
    snakesam13
    nighmare before christmas stuff??

Thanks to all posters you're all amazing!!
  • penny1973
    The vampire dairies books are very different to the tv series (more odd.) The heroine is much less wimpy than in twilight and should appeal more. ASDA does the books for £4 ish each
    • emay
    • By emay 5th Dec 10, 9:53 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    emay
    If she likes older films, how about the crow?
    Illamasqua do unusual make-up (and eye-lashes if shes into that) http://www.illamasqua.com
    Or one of these tops http://www.backstreet-merch.com/stores/sophielancaster/artist.asp?id=soplc
  • Jacks xxx
    Next do black PJs

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/nightwear/2/
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Vaila
    when i went through a little goth stage, i got lots of lovely silver jewellery, and urban decay makeup
    • Dekalb
    • By Dekalb 8th Nov 15, 2:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dekalb
    Hi I am 14 and one of my best friends calls herself emo this is what I would get her black nail polish black jeans stuff at hot topic concert tickets
    • themull1
    • By themull1 9th Nov 15, 7:32 PM
    • 4,204 Posts
    • 4,111 Thanks
    themull1
    This thread is five years old!!
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 9th Nov 15, 8:14 PM
    • 3,843 Posts
    • 8,048 Thanks
    minimad1970
    This thread is five years old!!
    Originally posted by themull1
    I wonder what the op's now 19 year old step daughter is into now
    • Sharon87
    • By Sharon87 9th Nov 15, 9:13 PM
    • 3,480 Posts
    • 2,951 Thanks
    Sharon87
    Depends if she just went through an emo phase or became a goth for life.

I wouldn't class myself as goth, but when I go out to gigs/rock nights at clubs I sort of dress like one! I'm 28... I'm more of a metal head than a goth though

For anyone else who needs advice, emo is no longer a big phase, but goth is here to stay!
    • samsamesggsandham
    • By samsamesggsandham 18th Nov 15, 12:56 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    samsamesggsandham
    For a stocking filler you can add in a "Dark Hearts" notebook from http://linednotebooks.co.uk/

If this is a little too dark they have a good selection of brighter ones!
    • a_volmer
    • By a_volmer 26th Nov 15, 6:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    a_volmer
    Hello, I myself being a sort of emo type, get her some band tees and such. If she has gauges, then get her some of those. Pretty much, just go to Hot Topic and asked them for help. They'll help you.
    • HeyItsBella
    • By HeyItsBella 17th Mar 17, 12:43 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HeyItsBella
    I really wanted to reply to this but, let her get her nose pierced or get stuff from hot topic, band tees ,studded belts, let her dye her hair,eye liner!
    Hope this helped
    • jackomdj
    • By jackomdj 21st Mar 17, 7:57 PM
    • 2,771 Posts
    • 3,427 Thanks
    jackomdj
    I really wanted to reply to this but, let her get her nose pierced or get stuff from hot topic, band tees ,studded belts, let her dye her hair,eye liner!
    Hope this helped
    Originally posted by HeyItsBella
    OP Posted this in Dec 10, I expect she has her present now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,912Posts Today

8,494Users online

Martin's Twitter