Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • li'l_p
    • By li'l_p 27th Jan 07, 6:02 PM
    • 840Posts
    • 1,667Thanks
    li'l_p
    Valentine's ideas... for MEN???
    • 27th Jan 07, 6:02 PM
    Valentine's ideas... for MEN??? 27th Jan 07 at 6:02 PM
    It's pretty easy to buy for women... roses, teddies, perfume, chococlates, jewellery, etc.

However, what is there to give to men? Has anyone got any ideas for stuff for men that aren't too wussy? I'm looking for 'token' ideas, not weekend's away, etc.

:confused:
Page 3
    • Bangerchick
    • By Bangerchick 27th Jan 09, 12:16 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 407 Thanks
    Bangerchick
    Isn't that just a birthday treat, twice in one year is a bit excessive
    Originally posted by victory
    PMSL!!!!!
    How true
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 27th Jan 09, 3:30 PM
    • 10,079 Posts
    • 17,988 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    I could get away with it.... OH's b'day is 3 days after Valentine's Day...

So far his blimmin b'day and V's Day have cost me 125 quid!!!!

I asked why the heck did he have to be born three days after Valentine's Day?! Now thats just awkward.

I've bought him the Father Ted DVD box-set and done one of those free name-a-star things for him for V'day, and I've bought him a new electric razor as a joint b'day/V Day pressie...

And he's bought me something really romantic :rolleyes: 2 games for my Wii!! Who said romance was dead??? I asked him if he would get me some white roses (my fave flower) and he wants to buy them the week before so he doesnt have to pay the inflated prices they're charging on Valentines Day!!!

Sheesh. Does anyone else have a really unromantic OH or is it just me???!!!
    Proud to be an OU student- I see light at the end of the tunnel! AA100, DD102, U214, A230. (Complete) A363 E302 (current) BA Hons Eng Lang and Lit- end date 07/17.
    Unofficial Waspies fan, Mr W and the beast from the east's fan club
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    Always Team V ❤️
  • Tink82
    Blow job

Really
    Originally posted by Ivrytwr3
    And a steak. Job done!

(scuse the pun, it was not intended!)
    • lexilex
    • By lexilex 27th Jan 09, 11:37 PM
    • 1,937 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    lexilex
    YEah dude, only I don;t do sex before marriage, and he hasn;t proposed yet, so I need some OTHER ideas.
    Originally posted by skintchick
    Am I the only one really confused by this, then the signature below the post :confused: :confused:
  • BLUis
    Am I the only one really confused by this, then the signature below the post :confused: :confused:
    Originally posted by lexilex
    I thought exactly the same, but i thought i was just being dense!!

Married the absolute love of my life on Sunday May 6th and I couldnt be happier!!!
    • Philippa36
    • By Philippa36 28th Jan 09, 12:02 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 6,043 Thanks
    Philippa36
    Skintchick's post was made before they were married. She's now married and expecting.

When you change your sig, it changes on all posts you've made.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
    • cazpumpkin
    • By cazpumpkin 28th Jan 09, 12:10 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    cazpumpkin
    ive been married 15 years so this wont be good for everyone but i got a red organza gift bag the drawstring kind and filled it with red paper hearts , 365 , one for every day of the year and wrote resons why i loved him on every single one,, i hit the pain barrier around the 200 mark lol and finished the last 50 odd with quotes on love by famous people like Shakespeare, poetry etc , my husband was / is not very soppy but he was just gobsmacked really, he says he will never forget it and keeps them in his car and reads one every day , haha he probably throws one away every day lol i dunno
    Last edited by cazpumpkin; 28-01-2009 at 12:12 PM.
  • Minxz
    Caz.. thats a beautiful idea!
    I know I'd be thrilled with a thoughtful gift like that, so I imagine most men would appreciate it too

I might have a go, and add it to my box of heart cookies i'm making
    • lexilex
    • By lexilex 29th Jan 09, 2:24 PM
    • 1,937 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    lexilex
    Skintchick's post was made before they were married. She's now married and expecting.

When you change your sig, it changes on all posts you've made.
    Originally posted by Philippa36
    That would explain it, I didn't think to look at the date the post was made, duuh :rolleyes:
    • Ceza
    • By Ceza 29th Jan 09, 5:19 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    Ceza
    I want to get my bf one cheeky present and one sweet present this year.. Think I'm gonna get him a cute photo of the two of us together and put it in a nice photo frame. And then for the cheeky present I was thinking of getting him some new naughty boxers Oh, and the bj lol
  • skaterz
    I gave my gf a bondage kit last year.. we got all excited about it ..there is also toymoments.com its new and very cheap..
    • Justagardener
    • By Justagardener 1st Jan 17, 3:09 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    Justagardener
    Great Gift Ideas for Men
    Men are notoriously difficult to buy for and like things you would never understand. This also applies to birthdays, Christmas or any other event - not just V - Day. Try not to buy him something you want him to have. There are some great gift sites now for men. My personal fave is http://importantmanstuff.com/. Hope this helps.
    • micheecat
    • By micheecat 13th Feb 17, 4:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    micheecat
    Why not to love ourself?
    Hey!
    Why not to read this article and see what we can do to won't feel lonely during the Valentine's Day? 10 easy tips what make you more self-confident.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 14th Feb 17, 9:55 AM
    • 16,343 Posts
    • 39,165 Thanks
    Pollycat
    micheecat

I've reported your posts as - and your other post on the Marriages board promoting the same link has already been removed.
    • springdreams
    • By springdreams 14th Feb 17, 5:01 PM
    • 3,515 Posts
    • 31,178 Thanks
    springdreams
    micheecat

I've reported your posts as - and your other post on the Marriages board promoting the same link has already been removed.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    I did too
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    Originally posted by squeaky
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
    • givememoney
    • By givememoney 14th Feb 17, 5:30 PM
    • 946 Posts
    • 1,200 Thanks
    givememoney
    as this is money saving
    My husband and I have been together 44 years & married for 42. In all that time a card, present or meal out has never been exchanged. That doesn't mean we don't love each other because we do, we just think it all a waste of money.

Therefore just using an average of £10 per VT day spent, probably much more but we are going back a long way, £4,400 at least saved.........result.
    • ThomasChaney
    • By ThomasChaney 2nd Mar 17, 5:00 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ThomasChaney
    Hi there, you can give him watch or blazer. For more ideas you can search online.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

195Posts Today

1,294Users online

Martin's Twitter