Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
    • Tamster150
    • By Tamster150 14th Nov 10, 10:19 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 2,697 Thanks
    Tamster150
    I have GodDaughters - We bought them a silver bracelet and a single Cross charm for their Christening and buy them a charm on Birthdays & Christmas. We also just bought the oldest two charms for starting school. If you avoid the wellknown high st brands you can buy silver quite cheaply and the charms can cost anything from £5 upwards.

My youngest Son has silver bookmarks from his Godparents and again for his first Birthday. But these are not as cheap to buy as charms.
    My eldest sons Godparents clubbed together to buy him premium bonds (which I then bought on their behalf)

They also got lots of money boxes but no Bibles (I think everyone thought that the Godparents would buy one)
    • Aliana Johnson
    • By Aliana Johnson 6th Jan 17, 12:11 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Aliana Johnson
    Christening and Baptism Gifts
    Hey,

Yeah agreed, christening gifts can be tricky... I always suggest going with something parents and child are definitely going to use or something sentimental like you mentioned... An alternative would be to buy the christening dress yourself.. parents traditionally keep that for a long time so that makes sense.. although you would have to know there preferential style I guess.. try M&S as well though.. I remember they had a whole section on baby gift ideas if I recall correctly... Try Lily Heriatge also... hope this helps everyone..smile

Aliana
    Last edited by Aliana Johnson; 06-01-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    • twohooter
    • By twohooter 6th Jan 17, 9:50 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    twohooter
    I gave my Godson a bottle of good vintage port to be laid down for his 18th birthday together with a solid silver port label. I had a wooden box made for it. I dislike all the obvious christening gifts sold by jewellers and such like and did not want to burden my friends with clutter that they would have to keep on his behalf only for him to probably bin when he left home. Hopefully, he will enjoy drinking the port or of not he can sell it at hopefully a good price. The silver port label is small enough not to be a burden and is something he will hopefully appreciate as an adult. Otherwise, he will be able to sell this also as it is not personalised with his initials - merely the word 'port'. His parents seemed genuinely impressed with this gift.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,932Posts Today

5,094Users online

Martin's Twitter