Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Did not switch due to no web interface yet .
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Im contemplating signing up for my parents
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 March 2014 at 10:49AM
    Just had my welcome letter emailed to me by ExtraEnergy just 3 days after signing up with them.

As there was a slight error with the details of my address (my fault I suspect), I rang them and got straight through to customer services without delay and the address error was corrected quickly and efficiently.

Whilst I was talking to them I took the opportunity to see if they had already obtained my meter number and mpan number from EDF, which they had and when they read them out I could confirm that they had the correct details.

So far so good and I hope it stays that way.

If it's of help, I'll post regular updates as and when the process of switching progresses.
  • andiR1
    andiR1 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    On all other comparison sites Extra Energy is coming out at around £130 - £150 annual saving, on here it comes up at a saving of £231, I am inputting the same £ usage of the past quarter on all sites. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • andy1c
    andy1c Posts: 39 Forumite
    i decided to switch on friday last week, still waiting for an email,
    got through very quick to them , but told me there was a delay in emails being send out.
    ill update when i received the email
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    rogcal wrote: »
    Just had my welcome letter emailed to me by ExtraEnergy just 3 days after signing up with them.

As there was a slight error with the details of my address (my fault I suspect), I rang them and got straight through to customer services without delay and the address error was corrected quickly and efficiently.

Whilst I was talking to them I took the opportunity to see if they had already obtained my meter number and mpan number from EDF, which they had and when they read them out I could confirm that they had the correct details.

So far so good and I hope it stays that way.

If it's of help, I'll post regular updates as and when the process of switching progresses.

I've also switched to Extra Energy September 2015 v2 (from EDF Energy blue+price promise April 2015) for my parents

I've had to confirm that yes, I do want to change providers (they send an email) - you have to switch via energyhelpline

They're cheaper for me as well, however I'm out of this place at the beginning of August this year, and the two suppliers Im with, don't have exit fees - and it also appears that I've been supplied by Better Energy when I shouldnt have :D
  • Bigwigg
    Bigwigg Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well I've just swopped to them from my EDF Fixed Price 2014 tariff, will let people know how it goes.
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    With the news today that SSE are freezing their prices until at least Jan 2016, I did a quick comparison between Extra Energy's Sept 2015 fix and SSE nearest comparison 1 year fix.

I was pleased to find that Extra Energy came out on top and still saves me almost £230 a year on my 10300 kwh consumption.

I must admit when I heard the news this morning about the SSE freeze on prices, I was trying to work out in my head whether I was still in the 7 days cooling off period with Extra Energy, so I could bail out and go over to SSE but as I say I'm still quids in so I shall be staying with them.

Oh and another clincher was that SSE have a £50 fee for bailing out early whereas Extra Energy only want £25!
  • BirnamBear
    BirnamBear Posts: 126 Forumite
    Just signed up with them also on the fixed price to Sept 15.Hopefully goes better than my experience of a year ago moving from eon to npower.
    12 panels south facing,8 panels south-east facing,4KWP system,pitch 40 degrees,Aurora inverter & location is sunny Glasgow.
  • Like Smoothway I have decided to switch to extra Energy and will update.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure