Claims management company (CMC) complaints - ask the ombudsman your question

Comments

• I have recieved my ppi claim money but the claims company I used has charged me on the full amount payed. I thought they could only charge me On the PPI premiums, charges and associated interest but not on the simple interest. Is this true?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,354 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Tarkus1731 wrote: »
    I have recieved my ppi claim money but the claims company I used has charged me on the full amount payed. I thought they could only charge me On the PPI premiums, charges and associated interest but not on the simple interest. Is this true?

They all charge against the full amount of redress you receive. It doesnt matter how it is made up.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Sallyo
    Sallyo Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 October 2017 at 9:18PM
    Hi new to here I hope this is the right way to ask a new question on PPI.

have a few questions:

I had an Etam store card in the 1980s, I am sure that I paid PPI, is there anyway that I can make a claim against this company, and how to I go about it?

Thank you
  • Legal_Ombudsman
    Legal_Ombudsman Posts: 79 Organisation Representative
    Thank you for your enquiry, this forum is here to support people that have a complaint against a claims management company (CMC). If you would like more information about making a PPI claim then the Financial Ombudsman Service offer some advice on their website: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ppi/index.html.

If you are considering using a CMC to make your claim then take a look at our guidance on the things you should consider first: http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Top-tips-instructing-a-claims-management-company.pdf.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Legal Ombudsman service. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
  • Legal_Ombudsman
    Did you know that the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has set a deadline for making a new payment protection insurance (PPI) complaint. The final deadline for making a new PPI complaint will be the 29 August 2019. The FCA has some useful information on making a PPI claim here: https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/how-to-complain.

If you are considering using a claims management company (CMC) to make your complaint then we have created some guidance to support you: http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/cmc/#consumer-guides
    I am the official organisation representative of the Legal Ombudsman service. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Someone I was helping with their complaint to LeO had their decision through yesterday. It was so badly articulated we're going to have to write back and ask what it means.

It was like the adjudicator forgot what she was talking about half way through.

A complete waste of our time.
  • Legal_Ombudsman
    Hello

We note your comments and we always welcome feedback. Please could I ask you to send over the case details (name, case number) and we would be happy to look at this?

You can email [EMAIL="cmcenquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk"]cmcenquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk[/EMAIL].

Thanks.
    Ama
  • Hi,

I have had a claim declined by MBNA credit card, what I didn't realise was the decline letter was the bulk standard response form them and I didn't know I could actually appeal or ask you the ombudsman to investigate. How long do I have as this was a few months ago now and I didn't realise I could appeal it.

many thanks

Clare
  • Alpine_Star
    You have 6 months from the date of the final response from MBNA to take it to the Legal Ombudsman.
  • Alpine_Star
    Hello

We note your comments and we always welcome feedback. Please could I ask you to send over the case details (name, case number) and we would be happy to look at this?

You can email [EMAIL="cmcenquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk"]cmcenquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk[/EMAIL].

Thanks.
    Ama

It's now been passed to a senior investigator.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure