Tales from The Shire

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Great news on the bedroom :)
    Laughing at the dog having your purse in his bed :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    He's getting there Wishing - he's more like a toddler than a companion at the moment. Yesterday, he stole my purse from my handbag and put it in his bed :eek: Maybe he is an MS dog and was trying to stop me spending :rotfl:

This greatly amused me! :rotfl::rotfl:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • l'd just like to know what prompted you to check his bed!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,826
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes that's me :o All to budget and to plan though :)

I pooled all my budget savings and sales money to buy some household items in the Laura A$hl£y sale - a rug and curtains for our bedroom and a storage basket. The rug and curtains were half price and I used a £10 off code too. Went through TCB but don't know whether that will track due to using the extra code.

I find it so satisfying when your selling efforts turn into tangible benefits :)

FDawg sounds like hard work! But lovely!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Well shopped Fortune :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Great news on the bedroom :)
    Laughing at the dog having your purse in his bed :rotfl:
    l'd just like to know what prompted you to check his bed!
    greent wrote: »
    This greatly amused me! :rotfl::rotfl:

It's the first place I look if anything's missing now :rotfl: Yesterday, he took an aeroplane shaped stress toy from Mr F's desk and a mobile phone case from the bag I'd put aside for the charity shop.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • themadvix wrote: »
    I find it so satisfying when your selling efforts turn into tangible benefits :)

FDawg sounds like hard work! But lovely!

I do feel very pleased with myself Madvix :) and I win twice. More money to spend on home improvements and less clutter in the annex :T

FDawg is very good generally. His issues are around fear and anxiety and the solution may just be time and patience. Just wish I could get him to understand that he's safe now and everything's going to be ok.
    Well shopped Fortune :)

Love a bargain DIA and Laura A$hl£y really do drop their prices during the sales.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • I made some more sales on the Bay so have used the money to buy a water softener for the en-suite and some chalk paint. That leaves me with enough for FDawg's vet appointment. Any further sales will now go towards a shaving mirror for Mr F.

I listed a high value item yesterday but think I'll concentrate on clearing some bulky things next to get rid of some large boxes. I don't mind what I get for them as long as they are collected and taken off my hands. I've also got quite a few things set aside now for the charity shop.

The chalk paint arrived this morning - I only ordered it yesterday :T So I'm going to paint the stools tomorrow. I ordered two other colours which I had in mind for other projects so I'm ready to go when I come across the right furniture.

Today I will mostly be packaging up Bay parcels and going to the Post Office :)

Happy Friday all

Fortune x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Happy Friday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Brilliant 'baying! :T:T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure