Stoozing - what can I pay/buy with the c/c

Have came across this "term" recently and am interested. so my question is;

if I applied and received a 0% c/c what can I pay/buy with this, on reading it is everything you buy (shops/internet etc) but am more interested in the bills you can pay with it, eg house council tax, elec,gas, etc and especially a bill I have coming up which is a large site fee for a caravan - could I use a 0% c/c to pay this, along with any other bills for this as well, elec, gas, insurance etc. I do believe that the site charges a % if you pay by c/c.
Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Have came across this "term" recently and am interested. so my question is;

if I applied and received a 0% c/c what can I pay/buy with this, on reading it is everything you buy (shops/internet etc) but am more interested in the bills you can pay with it, eg house council tax, elec,gas, etc and especially a bill I have coming up which is a large site fee for a caravan - could I use a 0% c/c to pay this, along with any other bills for this as well, elec, gas, insurance etc. I do believe that the site charges a % if you pay by c/c.

I assume you mean a 0% on purchases rather than 0% on blance transfer.

if so then most normal retail spending is OK (supermarkets, petrol, stores of all kinds) but no 'money ' like spending i.e. foreign currency or betting.

whether you can use it for bills depends upon your suppliers
    most councils don't accept CC for council tax, electricity and gas rarely,
    insurance usually do accept CC
    site charge you will need to ask
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In the past I found I could make paypoint payments with a cc in my local co-op to my credit union saving account. Lots of bills can be paid via paypoint so worth a try.
  • TheRed
    TheRed Posts: 52 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Councils normally charge a fee for using credit cards to pay rent / council tax etc
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You will need to look at the payment methods listed on the bills, I have paid BT phone bill in the past before changing to DD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure