The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Countdown to Freedom

Comments

• Absolutely. It is easy to be sucked into believing that you are indispensable but the reality is that as soon as we step out, someone else steps in. I regret all the things I missed when I was doing my 60 hour working weeks with 18 hours of commuting on top of that. I did get more money, but a lot was wasted and it still doesn't compensate for the more important things that I missed.

Getting a bit upset thinking about it. Still, I had my lbm better late than never.

Have a good evening,

Squirrel :j
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Evening chums :)

Squirrel, just think of all your fab adventures - you're MF and now have time to travel.

Gally, I think a trip in December sounds like a plan. It has been a bl@@dy horrible day weather wise today. I even had the lights on from noon :eek:

Karmacat, I hope you've had a good rest this afternoon and sleep well onight.

Greying, I will be looking for bargainous mozzarella in the New Year :T

GoldieGirl, I can't believe it's been nearly a year, although saying that, i couldn't believe how long Squirrel has been MF too. The time really has flown.

Elanten, lovely to see you. I was only thinking of you the other day and meaning to message you. Hope all is going well.

Right, I'm having enchiladas for dinner with a salad (still going strong under their cloches), plus a glass of wine to celebrate - now what to celebrate, perhaps Gally and Ahem's new house or just because it's Thursday evening.

Best wishes Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly-Squirrel-Gally-Goldie ... you are indeed all inspirations of what 'out the other side' can look like, and how to get there :)

Tilly - celebrate the more the merrier! (reasons and/or glasses of wine)
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite

Gally, I think a trip in December sounds like a plan. It has been a bl@@dy horrible day weather wise today. I even had the lights on from noon :eek:
    :eek::eek::eek: 31 degrees in the sun yesterday :). Walked home from the quiz (which we won :D), carrying a bottle of wine (which we won for guessing crowd size at Rod Stewart concert in Rio - I was closest though over a million out :rotfl:). Only cardi, no jacket needed :T. Get yourself on a plane missus :D.
    Right, I'm having enchiladas for dinner with a salad (still going strong under their cloches), plus a glass of wine to celebrate - now what to celebrate, perhaps Gally and Ahem's new house or just because it's Thursday evening.
    Don't celebrate our new house till it's sorted :eek:. Celebrating home grown salad almost in December sounds good enough for me :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hollyboll wrote: »
    Tilly-Squirrel-Gally-Goldie ... you are indeed all inspirations of what 'out the other side' can look like, and how to get there :)
    Agreed :T:T:T
    gallygirl wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: 31 degrees in the sun yesterday :). Walked home from the quiz (which we won :D), carrying a bottle of wine (which we won for guessing crowd size at Rod Stewart concert in Rio - I was closest though over a million out :rotfl:). Only cardi, no jacket needed :T. Get yourself on a plane missus :D.

Don't celebrate our new house till it's sorted :eek:. Celebrating home grown salad almost in December sounds good enough for me :T.
    Yes to celebrating 31 degrees in the sun, and yes to celebrating home grown salad almost in December. I have the makings of a cold frame ... next year, this is gonna be me :j

2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Quick post as we are away for long weekend. Lots of walking done, gorgeous sites seen and a beautiful walk last night with the Christmas lights twinkling. #Romantic

Popped into a church yesterday afternoon and listened to a magnificent choral event. Truly beautiful church and music to boot.

Right, need to crack on.

No 31 degrees here but DD and I will be away in 12 days and fingers crossed the sun comes out for us, before the boys arrive.

Best wishes to all.

Tilly x x x x
  • Home again and however lovely it is to be away, you can't beat coming home.

Flight was delayed coming home and I need to check if the delay was long enough to claim.

Mr T is off again early tomorrow but after this trip will have more local clients :j

Hounds were delighted to see us and it took about ten minutes of cuddles before we could go upstairs.

Money news - thoughtful spending whilst away. No splurges :)

Busy week coming up, in fact, it seems to be busy until I go away next week. I need to make a list of what I need to do tomorrow. First thing is take DD back to University then go and see mum. I'm taking her out for lunch, to buy the remaining gifts she needs and drop off Christmas cards with a relative who is flying off soon. He can hand deliver them over the pond.

Night, Tilly x x x
  • Morning, crikey this week is flying. Mr T and DS have returned the furniture to the study and I'm sorting through everything (again, DD and I only did this a couple of years ago) and only putting essentials back. Filing cabinet was done a few weeks ago which is a help.

Whiteboard cleaned and all paperwork stuck on that sorted.

My ironing just may be looking at me quizzically - I know I need to get stuck in but I have run around so much this week, my batteries are a bit flat.

Blinking dark old day here and what I think would do me more good is a walk with the hounds.

Sausages, onion gravy, roast BNS and mash. I could do with something green but don't have anything apart from peas. DS can choose.

OK, enough - I have put the ironing off long enough. Time to get stuck in.

Best wishes Tilly
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Quizzical looks from the ironing! Nooooooooooooo! Sausages and onion gravy, on tother hand, very nice :) You've already done a lot, Tilly, go for that walk with the dogs and come back refreshed :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Posts: 7,833
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 4 December 2015 at 3:46PM
    Morning, looks like we may have some sun today :)

Ironing ALL finished. Lovely lodger moves out today, will miss him.

Hounds walked yesterday but I forgot to put my Fitb!t on in the morning :eek:

Female dog is going to be a blood donor - maybe she will get a cup of tea and biscuit afterwards :rotfl::rotfl:

Short list of things to do today but hopefully the study will be complete by this evening.

98p Tilly Tidied and £110 moved to Future pot.

Karmacat, walking the hounds really does clear my head. I love being outside.

Best wishes Tilly x x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills