Comping for Christmas

Options

Comments

• angiecupcake
    Options
    I'm trying my best to comp for Christmas but not overly having much luck this year! I have quite a few people to buy for and a 3 year old and two 8 year old's to buy for (nieces and nephews).
    I did quite well last year but no luck so far this year, my niece's birthday is 2 days before Christmas too!

I think even winning the basics such as toiletry sets reakky helps as I find they all add up!
  • The last few years I had managed to win a fair bit towards xmas. This year nothing till the other day when I won £200 Amazon vouchers which has helped. Hoping and praying for some decent wins otherwise xmas may be cancelled lol
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The last five advents I've won xmas in it's entirety but I think this year as comping has changed so much I have zero chance x

I will still batter the advents as per usual but not expect it to sort xmas out, saying that I do a xmas box all year round and have a few bits for everyone in it, just need to keep going x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • bullshot
    bullshot Posts: 4,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    A few years ago I won a great competition it was called " Win Christmas on the Post Office" ...it was to publicise the fact that the Post Office could supply and deliver everything for Christmas. They had produced a catalogue from which I chose stuff worth £650.I chose a Karaoke machine for my grandchildren,a wine hamper, a huge food hamper and a couple chocolate hampers.Christmas Crackers and quite a few other smallish gifts.I won it in October, chose all the stuff by mid November and then ' foolishly' relaxed as I had done all my Christmas shopping apart from fresh food and a few other bits and pieces and the prize would be delivered on Xmas Eve in order to make it a lovely Christmas prize...( don't forget , the comp was to promote the fact that the Post Office could take care of Christmas). I was in the supermarket the day before Xmas Eve when I got a call on my mobile from someone from the PR company to inform me that they could not deliver any of the stuff ' at all ' ( never mind in time for Xmas)and they would give me gift cards to the value of the prize plus £50 extra as compensation!!!! You couldn't make it up!!! So it was a mad panic getting everything I needed in 1 day.I received Saving Stamps( not gift cards) to spend in the Post Office....so the following year it was Fishing licences, a TV Licence, stamps and currency .......Great Xmas prezzies....don't you agree?
  • hamsterfan1
    Options
    I don't have a wishlist or such but I put any wins that I think would makes useful presents to one side, not got as many this year though because it's been a pants comping year
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • jsol
    jsol Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    bullshot wrote: »
    A few years ago I won a great competition it was called " Win Christmas on the Post Office" ...it was to publicise the fact that the Post Office could supply and deliver everything for Christmas. They had produced a catalogue from which I chose stuff worth £650.I chose a Karaoke machine for my grandchildren,a wine hamper, a huge food hamper and a couple chocolate hampers.Christmas Crackers and quite a few other smallish gifts.I won it in October, chose all the stuff by mid November and then ' foolishly' relaxed as I had done all my Christmas shopping apart from fresh food and a few other bits and pieces and the prize would be delivered on Xmas Eve in order to make it a lovely Christmas prize...( don't forget , the comp was to promote the fact that the Post Office could take care of Christmas). I was in the supermarket the day before Xmas Eve when I got a call on my mobile from someone from the PR company to inform me that they could not deliver any of the stuff ' at all ' ( never mind in time for Xmas)and they would give me gift cards to the value of the prize plus £50 extra as compensation!!!! You couldn't make it up!!! So it was a mad panic getting everything I needed in 1 day.I received Saving Stamps( not gift cards) to spend in the Post Office....so the following year it was Fishing licences, a TV Licence, stamps and currency .......Great Xmas prezzies....don't you agree?

Bullshot I am gobsmacked!! cant believe they would do that!
    Thoughts become things, attract what you want using LOA

August Wins- Yazoo Playing Cards, Bag of Sweets from Sky Sports, Bra Straps (TW), Dog Food, 3 x Moneyboxes, Bare Minerals Make up Set, Bracelet, Tickets to the Cruise Show, £20
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ohhh they do, I won a £500 xmas hamper which arrived well after xmas.
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ha ha i wish i comped for christmas! if we relied on my wins for christmas it would be a very sorrowful day! lol
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've also won christmas hampers that have come after christmas.

I've got all my sons christmas presents they are all hidden in a cupboard out of the way. All from wins and I know he will be made up with them. Have also got a pressie for me mam that I won and me nans pressie has been pre-ordered with amazon vouchers I've won. Just got 4 blokes of the family to get pressies for and I'm done x
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • etc28
    etc28 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will certainly be trying to comp for Christmas but unfortunately I haven't had any wins this year so I wont be holding my breath
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure