What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/02

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 14 February 2017 at 3:58PM
    Hi Tuesday people,
    Reasonable morning on the penny saving front. We no longer 'do' gifts for Valentine's Day, just cards & Mrs Tightwad has managed to recycle one of the envelopes! Other stuff:
    *Not going out for Valentine's meal. Too spendy atm & mr f is on quite a late shift. Decided I'd cook try a new slow cooker recipe & make plenty to ensure l/os for another meal.
    *Cheap dessert......bought 1 pack of meringue nests (on offer) which I will serve with warmed vodka-soaked fruit which I froze when I strained my blackberry & apple vodka, & Skyr yoghurt for me (why is that stuff so lovely?) & leftover cream for mr f.
    *Dealt with last batch of our homegrown stored apples. Added 1lb of them to a frozen bag of blackberries & cooked up a crumble base, turned another 1lb into apple sauce for freezing, used 3 in a batch of 2 dozen mini-muffins (which also used up some Christmas candied peel) & ate the very last one sliced on top of my lunchtime hummous & crackers.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch....more use-it-up as he"s having a cheese & chipotle veg pasty I baked last month with l/o pastry.
    *Washer loaded ready for a cheap overnight wash.
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water 1st thing.
    *Sold an item on ebay.
    *Sold a small hand knitted item.
    *Tried on a denim tunic which was too tight to fit my boobs in before Christmas. It now fits so sort of feels like I've bought something new. Weigh day today & another 2lbs of regained weight off......despite the fact that I cba to do any exercise in the past week.
    Mr f's just texted to say he's calling in for a quick coffee on the way to his next work venue.....reckon he sensed those warm mini muffins (80 calories only) coming out of the oven.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 February 2017 at 3:09PM
    DNMS, I know that 'poor' feeling (and not just in monetary terms.) I have recently signed up to FB (can't have a business page without a personal one) and spent last night reading the wall of an old colleague who is living the ultimate hippy lifestyle in the West Country (and she has a barn with an owl box and a husband who made it himself!) and I am more than a teensy bit envious! It makes it more marked when you don't see people often as you haven't seen their struggles and sacrifices along the way.

HappyKitties, give 'cake', my regards :D

Nothing much doing today, I'm off sick again and have not long woken up.

I have toasted 2 slices of bread from the last loaf to use it up as the new one has been started. My life is one long round of always being the one to use the last bit of shampoo, bread and tomato ketchup that nobody else wants!

I've been pondering on my procrastination and thought about making a meme that says 'Procrastination rules... but not until tomorrow' but, quite fittingly I can't be bothered :D

I should ring my pension provider to get them to send me the forms I need but that means I need to find their last letter.

I still need to finish the illustration for the FB business page. DS and DSGF haven't been using the oil fired heater I bought for their room so I have moved it down next to the computer.

In my head I have visions of me coming home from my new part time job and sitting at the computer with a cup of tea and radio 4 on while I bash out some order of service cards for some extra cash. Except in my head I've already clad the back wall with pallet wood and put in a fitted length of desk and perfectly coordinated files like the home offices on Pinter@st (this is all under the stairs in the sitting room.) The reality is that I have the ill fitting desk from the old house, a mountain of second hand toys stacked up next to it and the old owners shelves though my files are rather beautiful if I say so myself :p I really need to get off of pint@rest :(

The teens are off out for a Valentines meal tonight and have just made toasties for lunch so that's them sorted food wise for the day.

Nothing much else to report, bit of a glum one from me today after yesterday's YS high!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Afternoon All

Today's little list

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Dr's for bloodtests - Done
    Hospital for ECG - Done
    Stew in SC - Done
    Washing and drying load of towels - Done
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 February 2017 at 4:45PM
    Hi February Folks,

Feeling a bit "glum" but have had a productive day:

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Two:

* Completed the preparation for tomorrow's very long interview. Had to go to the library as I don't have Office on my PC and I needed it. I will not buy Microsoft products. OMDB. :)

* Drove DW to big out of town shopping centre. I had a free gift card from my credit card company. Came home with free jeans, a top for tomorrow, 8 sets of underwear and 5 chocolate bars. And Thornton's were giving away free single chocolates with every purchase so we got that too. And there was a free packet of Love Hearts at the Customer Services desk too.

* Managed to visit Ikea and only spend the £1.25 on a new bath mat as planned.

"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 14 February 2017 at 4:18PM
    Well, he did pop in for coffee....he made a whole cafetiere so I got one too......& he 'tested' a freshly baked muffin, then hoovered an old one, which to be fair, did need eating up. Have subsequently done a few surveys & re-listed a couple of ebay items. Defo time for some knitting (not as idle as it sounds, as it's items to sell) & will catch up on a couple of TV progs at the same time. Slow cooker is smelling fab.....hope it's nice......a burrito filling which takes 10 hours to cook before it's pulled & put back in the sauce to serve. Going to do lots of little dishes of things to have with them......olives, home made chunky coleslaw, sliced avocado, salad, my pickled courgettes, etc. As I said the other day, the butcher only charged me £6 for the kilo of beef, so defo cheaper than booking a table at a restaurant to celebrate our lurve.........I did type out a romantic poem & popped it in mr f's lunch box today, which he really liked, & I'm planning on getting a load of our old photo albums out tonight to look through.........I think I should find it motivating to see the pics of me pre-weight loss, then with 6 stones off......then with 2 & a bit put back on again, etc, etc, as it's coming off again now - am already 12 lbs lighter than in December - & I'll be able to see how much more flexible I was. It's not really the being bigger & heavier that's getting to me (tho clothes that don't fit are annoying & wasteful)..... it's more that losing such a lot of weight really increased my general flexibility and even with just less than a third of that regained, I can really feel the difference. So old photo albums it is......a free activity, quite romantic seeing the stuff we've done & places we've been and hopefully lots of motivation to keep working on the podge!
    Right, out with the knitting needles,
    Cheers all,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Ooh, thanks, Ally, I will look into that, I have lost a couple of fillings and today bought some temporary stuff to patch them up until I can afford it.

You can get info on applying here. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 February 2017 at 7:48PM
    FatVonD wrote: »

I have toasted 2 slices of bread from the last loaf to use it up as the new one has been started. My life is one long round of always being the one to use the last bit of shampoo, bread and tomato ketchup that nobody else wants!

I've been pondering on my procrastination and thought about making a meme that says 'Procrastination rules... but not until tomorrow' but, quite fittingly I can't be bothered :D

This is me too, no-one else seems to use the end of the loo roll, I keep telling them that its the same as the rest of the roll :rotfl: I tend to eat crusts or bread that has previously been frozen for toast as again no-one seems to want the last slice or two. Every little helps, that all I keep thinking.

Love the procrastination phrase;)
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

I have had a productive day although not as productive in all ways it should be :)

Pondering whether or not to look at a claim with Equif@x as I have used them over the years - forgetting about it quite a lot and so DD just rolling and not being able to face cancelling due to low mood. I spoke with them today and the man asked if I was wanting to make a claim as I was asking about how much I had used it etc. Looked up and there is something about being mis sold due to not being able to opt of insurance and I had did have it in that period. From the looks of it 3 months until they changed the product. So maybe £20 in a claim. Not sure what to do. I am not the complaining type!

Must get on with moving the washing mountain into different places! Will pop back later. :)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I finally finished the illustration on for the FB header on the business page, then did some faffing as, though I'd got the correct measurements for viewing it on a computer it was cropping off something vital when viewed on the app. I didn't procrastinate and changed it right away so it's up there and good to go. I want to populate the page with a few posts (and hopefully the first date and venue) before I share it anywhere but at least I got something done.

I didn't put the heating on and sat with the OF heater next to me with my cup of tea and the local radio station on so part way to my dream.

Good luck with the interview tomorrow, Ally, I'm sure you will rock it!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Best of luck with the interview tomorrow Ally and well done on the shopping!

FVD I resisted FB for a long time but now dip in and out. The sole purpose of social media for some people is to brag about how amazing their lives are and I sometimes find that all a bit depressing. Now I just remind myself that things are rarely as they seem!

Had to take Dad to a hospital appointment. He didnt want to eat anything so I ended up grabbing a £3.50 meal deal because by 1.30pm I was so hungry and thirsty! Thankfully I had made a pork and cider casserole for tea so that just needed heating up.

DS1 has opened a bottle of Christmas left-over wine so we are having a glass each. Think this will just send me to sleep early!

Oh and a confession - I bought an ebay jacket and dress for £15, both really nice brands and I need to clear out some old work stuff so it sort of feels justified.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure