LG Freeview missing channels

Comments

• ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As a test I tried retuning my Toshiba manually but I gave up as I did not understand how to do it.
  • ahai1
    Forumite
    I have spent ages on the net and I have never heard this.
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Not all Muxes are transmitted at the same power; For instance, in my region PSB 1,2 & 3 are at 100kW - the rest are at ~ 50kW with the local channels at 10kW .
    In bad weather, my loft aerial struggles to pick up the local channels at all, altho the roof aerial picks everything up.
    With an indoor aerial plus booster, I only get the main TV stations (~ 15 channels) on PSB 1 & 2 - sometimes I even lose these.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    DTV is strange. I have one multiplex that shows weaker than the rest even though it is transmitted at the same strength as the others.
    That could be because the frequency it is broadcast on isn't picked up as well by your aerial. An aerial won't have the same strength reception on all frequencies. You can get wideband aerials designed to be OK for most frequencies used and you can get aerials designed to receive a narrower frequency range very well.
  • ahai1
    Forumite
    How do I know the kind of ariel I have?
  • ahai1
    Forumite
    I forgot to mention that my Toshiba TV says that services like London Live or Pop Max are no longer broadcasting and would I like to remove them but when I go to the channels they work.

Also sometimes when I go to a channel again this is on my Toshbia it says there is no signal and I have to play around with the arile for a bit.
  • ahai1
    Forumite
    Moved the indoor ariel a bit and I rescanned and I can get all the channels now,.
  • ahai1 wrote: »
    Moved the indoor ariel a bit and I rescanned and I can get all the channels now,.

You're going to have to rescan again shortly, there's a big shake up of the channels coming.
  • ahai1
    Forumite
    The TV should do it automaticllay.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    ahai1 wrote: »
    The TV should do it automaticllay.

Will it?..
  • ahai1
    Forumite
    It should but I will check again. I don't understand why the guide is updated almost other month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure