IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MSE News: 'Don't pay unfair private parking tickets'

Comments

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Do not ignore it. That advice is long out of date. Put everything in writing to G24 setting out everything you have put here including their refusal to give you the correct number for Popla appeal. Head the letter "complaint", send it recorded delivery and keep a copy. Check online to see when the letter is delivered. Then wait. If you get further correspondence, reminders, threats etc keep everything and reply confirming that it is disputed.
    If they take you to Court, defend the case. Your letters will be essential at a hearing.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Baynsey7 wrote: »
    I have received a PCN G24 . I attend my local gym weekly and pay the correct car park charge. On this occasion the machine was not working and I took photographic evidence. You have to pay on exit and a number of people experiencing same issue. I wrote to G24 who ignored my explanation and told me to appeal to IAS . Again I requested all appeal forms. They arrived AFTER I had to pay £2 to post office as they had not put postage on. I explained and sent photgraphic evidence. G24 responded with 12 beautifully colored photos of where I should pay and cost etc. I am not disputing there is a cost I do that each week I am stating that the machines were not working. My appeal was dismissed as they said that the machines were working . Clearly they were not. I also stated to IAS send £2 cost of postage to G24 to more than cover my car park fee. Unable to appeal to POPLA as G24 repeatedly refuse to give me 10 digit number . I am seeing on different threads just to ignore and do not pay

This thread is seriously out of date and nobody should be reading it, let alone posting questions on it.

Start with the Sticky thread for NEWBIES on the main Parking Ticket forum page then start your own thread if you need further help.

Please don't post in this thread again. It should be allowed to fall over the edge of the world as it contains old out of date information and should never again see the light of day.
    Do not ignore it. That advice is long out of date. Put everything in writing to G24 setting out everything you have put here including their refusal to give you the correct number for Popla appeal. Head the letter "complaint", send it recorded delivery and keep a copy. Check online to see when the letter is delivered. Then wait. If you get further correspondence, reminders, threats etc keep everything and reply confirming that it is disputed.
    If they take you to Court, defend the case. Your letters will be essential at a hearing.

I know you are trying to help but there are several errors in your post that do more harm than good.

The advice to ignore IAS is correct.

PoPLA is not available where the parking scammer is an IPC member so there was never any chance a PoPLA code would be issued.

Never send anything by recorded delivery as it can be refused and thus the scammers will have proof it was never received.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    This thread is seriously out of date and nobody should be reading it, let alone posting questions on

Please don't post in this thread again. It should be allowed to fall over the edge of the world as it contains old out of date information and should never again see the light of day.

In that case cant this thread be closed and sealed by the moderators
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    In that case cant this thread be closed and sealed by the moderators
    They just don't bother. We've asked so many times, but unless the thread is drowning in controversy (or poses a potential legal liability threat to MSE Towers) all such requests are seemingly ignored.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • HI All

last week i received a parking fine from UKPC for parking in a disabled parking space in the Warrington town center area, even though I'm disabled with little money. Seems that when i exited the car, I'd "knocked" my badge off the dashboard and on to the floor. I've appealed but today I've received an email telling me to pay £15:00 or I could appeal again BUT if I lose I'd have to pay £100:00 plus numerous add-ons. I'm going out of my mind with worry has what to do next, does anyone have any suggestions.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    vordie67 wrote: »
    HI All
    does anyone have any suggestions.

Yep. Don't post on a thread that is many years out of date. Start your own and read the newbies sticky first- all your answers lie within.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    vordie67 wrote: »
    does anyone have any suggestions.

Yes - Please read the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum fully - then start your own thread.

Pitching-up on an outdated information thread will not get you any meaningful help and advice.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi all,

My name is Chris; I have been spending a long time attempting to resolve a problem with a parking fine received. PE (obviously) refused my appeal, so I went to POPLA. Now, this is where it gets interesting - my POPLA appeal was successful (all of my documentation supports this) however, in the eyes of PE my appeal was unsuccessful and nobody at POPLA seems to know why I've been told I was successful and why PE were told I was unsuccessful. How very confusing? Yes! I have sent scanned documentation of my success to both PE and POPLA and am awaiting response. PE are threatening with legal action because I have not paid the fine - they claim POPLA advised me to pay it when the only thing my POPLA appeal says and I quote
    'Your appeal was successful
    As your appeal was successful, your parking charge is not effective and you do not need to take any further action.'
    I will not be too sceptical; something does seem a bit odd that my side of POPLA says that and from PE's perspective, it says I was unsuccessful.

If they proceed with the court threats I would like anybody who has had ridiculous appeals rejected to send me their stories. I have seen some horrific things online: people's family dying, people being diagnosed with cancer and receiving a fine, people who were not even in the particular car park at the time and so on.

My case is not ridiculous for that reason: I was in a carpark for ten mins and 20 seconds and didn't have the correct change so I left. £100 fine! Looking at the evidence PE filed against me, p.11 says that:

Grace Period: ParkingEye operates a grace period on all sites which gives the motorist time to enter the car park, park and establish whether or not they wish to be bound by the terms and conditions of parking. There is a sufficient grace period in place at this site which is fully compliant with the BPA code of practice. All grace periods in place are a minimum of 10 minutes or more in line with the BPA code of practice.
    Which actually supports my claim!

POPLA seem to think PE were successful but have truly mislead me by telling me I was successful - I am unsure which side POPLA stand for, the giants that are ParkingEye or people who are going through hard times or make genuine mistakes: Nicholas Bowen - he fell asleep for over two hours and had his fine dropped in court.

Trading standards appear to be supportive but the British Parking Association (who I was directed to via Trading Standards) were neutral and did not advise me otherwise.

Please feel free to email me any of your failed claim attempts and your fine reference number to the following address
    flamingpeanut@hotmail.com

I would like to take these to court if they continue to aggressively threaten me.
    Why have you posted on this age old thread instead of starting your own?

And why do you want posters to "tell you their stories"?

It's unlikely to work as we have enough trouble getting new members to read the NEWBIES thread which is always at the top of page one. This thread will eventually drop down the forum pages where no one will see it.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    What Lamilad has omitted to tell you is that you should start your own thread.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lamilad wrote: »
    Why have you posted on this age old thread instead of starting your own?
    I think I implied it strongly enough ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport