We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Giggles86 wrote: »
    Big hugs for Beanie and Red and everyone else who needs them.

I haven't managed a NSD today as I've finally ordered some things for Christmas. I'm having to count buying presents as spends as I've not been able to save up for them this year. Straight after Christmas I'm going to start putting money aside ready for next year though...which will also help to pay for the holiday! I have massive respect for anyone who has managed to complete the Christmas shopping already, and those who've managed 2 NSDs this month already

I save a 'small' amount each month for xmas and have done for the past few years - missed a year in between and really noticed the difference. I don't always use it all but it's good to know there is a buffer there.
    beanielou wrote: »
    My DS is very partial to the meatballs but it is a 90 mile round trip for me so dont go very often at all.
    Sorry marmite,I dident know that you were a vegetarian.
    I will try not to ask again.

Next time you go get some from the frozen section for home. I do like the meatballs too - unfortunately OH hates Ikea, our nearest is Wembley which isn't much of a joy to get to (although I did last drive there before I had sat nav) and we don't really need anything from there anyway.

I have absolutely no idea where the past couple of days have gone. Have had a couple of days off work and was out xmas shopping with OH yesterday - had actually done most of it already but it's a tradition we have. Got what we did go in for and had a lovely day. Although xmas gifts are not counted as spends, I did have to pay parking and for Maccy D's.

Got back to catch the M&S flash 20% off sale, which was fab as I managed to order the top I'd bought on sat for DM (although it was the last one online in stock in her size so we'll see if it actually gets delivered) and also got some socks for her - which was the last thing I needed to get for DM (had been waiting for a % off code or something for a while so well chuffed)

Decked our halls today, cleared out a few unused / unwanted xmas decs and put those on Freegle so hopefully someone will want those. And guess what I found in the Xmas decs box....NSD 1 & 2

Back to work tomorrow, have had a really lovely couple of days off with OH :love:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Number 3 for me today x
    November NSD's - 7
  • suzitiger
    suzitiger Posts: 947 Forumite
    Hiya all holiday.gif

Thank you suzitiger for bumping the welcome thread, it's so nice to have help highfive.gif
    No problem IF, I was up rather late so I thought I would do it as I know you like to have it at the start of each page :) I'm just glad you didn't mind, I thought...should I?...shouldn't I?...:rotfl:
    No NSD for me as I got my grocery shop in. I will get one tomorrow though, I only need to go to the post office and not counting that as the buyer on ebay has paid :)
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• NSD #2 for me today.

February GC £26.68/£250

• chris81418 wrote: »

Thanks marmite! :)
    Thank you for the massive update marmite thanx.gif

It's a pleasure!:)
    itsapuzzle wrote: »
    Hi All

Can I join this month please, going to try and reduce my spending to 1 day a week - miracle need but I am going to start with today and go from there.
    Can you put me down for 20 days

Thanks

Puzzle

Hi and welcome itsapuzzle!:hello:
    Good luck with the challenge,hope you enjoy it!Nsds are addictive.:D

#3 please for me today.
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    suzitiger wrote: »
    No problem IF, I was up rather late so I thought I would do it as I know you like to have it at the start of each page :) I'm just glad you didn't mind, I thought...should I?...shouldn't I?...:rotfl:

Bless you, just join in....more posting the Welcome guide the merrier :beer:
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 4 December 2012 at 10:16PM
    kerri~ Tis the frozen meatballs that I buy.
    Tend to sneak in the back door & get them & nowt else.
    Havent been for months as cant justify fuel which is a pain as DS cooks them himself.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NSD 3 today
  • Sazzie23 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, this site is really inspiring, I really want to hit the target. Had to do a mini shop yesterday and today is dentist so can't avoid a spend. But planning day 3 for tomorrow.

I don't include driving as a spend unless its avoidable, so work trips are ok.

Good luck everyone for today

:beer::beer:

Have to start somewhere, here seems like a good place:T

Good luck for tomorrow!
    mcmanlyn wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd like to belatedly join in please :) The past 4 days of spending unnecessary money on my lunch hour have got to me! It's great working in the city centre...until you check your bank balance :eek:

Counting 27 days left of the month I reckon I can hit 15 days if I get my sensible head on!

I'm only counting money spent on 'extras', bills & DDs are already set up & accounted for - it's the popping to the shop for treats & things that I want/need to stop.

Here goes...

Hi mcmanlyn and welcome!:wave:Hope you enjoy the challenge!

Two words of advice:packed lunch!:money:Also bulk buy whatever snacks you like and take into work.Have you thought about allowing yourself a small amount of money each week to have if you do pop out to the shops.But once it's gone it's gone.Also maybe changing your routine if possible to avoid temptation.Good luck!
    (Slinks in, hoping nobody notices)

Still no NSDs yet, they be as rare as hens' teeth in these here parts.

(What, Igor? We got two more eggs today from Fang and Gnasher? Lovely.......)

(Slinks out in complete and utter shame for daring to show my face among the crack NSD hunting team)

He's very enterprising isn't he?!

Hope you get one soon...:)

kerri I also put money aside for birthdays and Christmas-what a difference it has made.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Yay! #4 and 4 in a row grabbed today please :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport